Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2002, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question TV Promotion

I thought the Billboard article or some other article said that six weeks prior to the release of the Very Best album there was going to be a rigorous television campaign for it. Well, it's THREE weeks away and I have yet to hear a word of it on television. What's going on?
Old 09-23-2002, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe they said 3 weeks, but i could be mistaken. If it is 3, then that would start tomorrow. I wonder what the promotion will include?

"Oh I let you slip away there was nothing I could do. That was so long ago still I often think of you..."-Lindsey Buckingham

"I didn't come here to be a mother, I didn't come here to be a nun, and I did not come here to be a cleaning lady; I came here to be a poet"-Stevie Nicks
Old 09-23-2002, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sure that it will be like a TV advertisement where you can call in and order the new greatest hits package...kind of like the ones with The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Chicago, Heart, and everyother band out there! It seems like everyone followed the same path on it.....I do want to see the footage used in the commercials though....

~Alex

Old 09-23-2002, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You're right, Colleen, the ad says that a national TV campaign will begin three weeks before release... which would be this week.

For anyone who'd like to see the commercial (when it begins airing), the best bet would be to watch or tape VH-1 from 3am to 6am, during their Insomniac Music Theatre.
As of last night, they were still playing (and have been for the past three weeks) the ad for the Rolling Stones' 'Forty Licks,' during every commercial break... so, once it begins airing, I'm assuming we'll have plenty of chances to catch the Mac ad.

Johnny Stew
Old 09-23-2002, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not exactly "official" promotion, but has anyone else noticed the increased rotation Fleetwood Mac has gotten on "classic rock" stations? AND, on those in-store "muzak"ish stations, too.

Fleetwood Mac is becoming ubiquitous...and will probably out "ubiquitous" Sheryl Crow soon. (that's my "word of the year"...."ubiquitous")

My use of "ubiquitous" has become quite ubiquitous in itself.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeh i heard Gold Dust Woman on the classic rock station here, and they rarely play the mac. They are very heavy on ACDC, Zepplin, Queen, and lynard skynard. Earlier in the summer i did hear their promo spot of stevie saying "Hi this is stevie nicks and you are listening to 97 Rock" and then they played a stevie song, actually it was gold dust woman once again come to think of it.

Alex
Old 09-23-2002, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BigAl Star 102.5 is a better station for stevie and the mac.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 09-24-2002, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You're right, chili, I have been hearing more and more Mac on the radio lately too... which, to me, means that radio stations have been getting the buzz about the upcoming release, and feel that there is a definite interest in Fleetwood Mac's music.

Let's just hope that they play the NEW material too, as opposed to sticking with the "tried and true," when the album comes out.

Johnny Stew
Old 09-24-2002, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been hearing more and more Mac lately aswell..................on my CD player....!!!