User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror69 View Post
Did you have the registration of this show?
If yes I'm really interested,thanks and take care

paolo
Not sure what you mean by registration?? I don't have it recorded if that is what you mean and I don't have the setlist sorry

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

I went to that one also. You kind of new Stevie was on something....The hooters
opened up and didn't it pour and Stevie didn't go on until like 10:30.
I went to the Ral one at jones beach my first one and 89 was my 2nd now after
20 it is hard to remember. But I remember that one it started so late. Stevie
just really sang, and you knew she couldn't see the audience....A man had
a heart attack right next to me and my friend it took forever for security to get
there, she was singing whole lotta of trouble real loud I felt so bad for the
man...
Darla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I saw her on this tour at Jones Beach too. This is the one that I confuse in my mind with the RAL show. Which is ridiculous, because if memory serves me, it was like night and day. I *think* I remember a lot of backstage time...enough so that it seemed obvious what she was up to. The Hooters opened up for her and they were pretty awful. Their sound was bad and I remember being worried that hers would be too. I bought an awesome sweatshirt at that show and I wish I still had it. It was white and had a black/white/gray Stevie face on it.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darla View Post
The hooters opened up
I did a double-take reading this, thinking, Wow, I went to the wrong show!
Then I realized it was just a capitalization error.

- Jake
Old 10-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Senior Ledgie

Even though that wasn't her best concert, I still go to the concerts.
Also for this one, I was in front, I didn't shake her hand, I had a feeling
she really wouldn't remember the night, for all you men, she stretched over
me to shake a hand and her boobs were in my face...That's when she had the
outfits where the boobs were hanging out....LOL
But Last year I did get to shake her hand during the edge walk and
I met her at barnes and noble...Well worth the wait....
Darla

Quote:
Originally Posted by darla View Post
I went to that one also. You kind of new Stevie was on something....The hooters
opened up and didn't it pour and Stevie didn't go on until like 10:30.
I went to the Ral one at jones beach my first one and 89 was my 2nd now after
20 it is hard to remember. But I remember that one it started so late. Stevie
just really sang, and you knew she couldn't see the audience....A man had
a heart attack right next to me and my friend it took forever for security to get
there, she was singing whole lotta of trouble real loud I felt so bad for the
man...
Darla
Old 10-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

I too was at that Saratoga Performing Arts Center Show - I was SOOO psyched about that concert - i was supposed to go with someone that I had just met that year and Rooms on Fire was all about him (it came out at exactly the same time)
I brought my BuckinghamNicks album hoping to get it signed - I actually thought that I had a shot because i met her brother and some of the entourage - I almost had him convinced until I mentioned that I hope she wasn't wasted at this concert like she was the last time LOL - what a dork - anyway he understandable took a little offense to my comment and politely excused himself and I was left standing there with my friends and my unsigned album.

The concert was ok - Stevie had broken her foot and had her cast made to look as much like her boots as possible - She sounded a little drained but really shined on Alice and No spoken word - she even tried to do a couple of spins on her good foot so as to not disappoint her fans - a True Pro
I had brought one of those barbacue lighters to use as a lighter for the slower songs which really seem to surprise and scare a few people when I lit it off

Then at the end she closed with HAEWAFY - I had been watching the Red Rocks video a few million times so when she started talking to the audience about the men in her life I screamed out "but YOU are a legend" and lit the barbacue lighter - I mean I was LOUD and I know she couldn't see me but she looked in my direction and smiled and the crowd went nuts

Another awesome Stevie moment for me
Old 10-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

advertisement for the Wisconsin show.....

cropped:

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the things I remember most about the night I saw her was that was the first time I encountered the hardcore Stevie fans who dressed like her. There were big groups all wearing top hats and chiffon.
I also remember her talking about how many kids were named Rhiannon after her song and how she liked to bring them on stage especially if it was their birthday. I wanted to shout my name was Rhiannon and it was my birthday, even though that was a big lie It would have been cool to get to go up on stage with her though. I wonder if that happened much at other concerts.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was at the Houston show. Although this was my fourth time seeing Stevie solo (also saw BD, WH, and RAL) this was my first time being front row. As luck would have it, or not, this was the venue where the video for WLT was filmed.

About 1pm the day of the show, Stevie calls in to the local radio station and proceeds to tell everyone about what's going on, the video being filmed, etc. The skanky DJ kept trying to rush Stevie off the phone; but Stevie was having none of that. She kept babbling on. Stevie said she was calling from her limo which was en route to the venue. She also said she hadn't been to sleep and she had been going since 6am that morning. She did try to sleep; but couldn't so she just closed her eyes and put on some country music and rested. She said that's as good as sleeping.

Stevie went over the filming process, and she was very concerned that with all the filming, etc. that everyone would be out too late and she kept saying that repeatedly and wanted to comfort the parents that the kids will be fine; but if they couldn't stay for the filming that she totally understood.

The DJ still kept trying to cut Stevie off and end the call; but Stevie kept on talking. She then said she chose Houston to film the video. Just as she chose Red Rocks for the RAL vid. She has this "premonistic" (her word, not mine) feeling about where things should be filmed. And that if everyone could stay it would film better because she never uses fake audiences for her videos like some other people do. Again her words not mine.

Finally, Stevie ends the call but before she hangs up she wanted the DJ to remind everyone that if they couldn't stay, it's ok; but if they could stay they certainly have her most "honorable invitation".

I've not listened to the interview in a while but that's the gist of it all.

At the venue, the tour merch was quite good. Great tourbook, beautiful sweatshirt, t-shirts, handkerchiefs, buttons, etc. I bought it all.

The concert was good over all. Not only was it being filmed; but also recorded for WW1 network. Cameras were everywhere. One camera dude held the cam on me for the entire time during NSW. I figured this was my moment to shine so I let it all hang out and sang my ass off.

I must say the highlight of the show was Alice. Upon entering the stage, wearing that gorgeous blue fringe shawl and holding one of those folding hand fans, Stevie twirled all the way to her mic from stage left. And not one but two fantastic wails of ALIIIIIIIIIICE!

Alice was also one of the few songs when Stevie didn't wear one of those silly hats with the string/band going under her chin to hold it on.

A new beginning to EO17 where everyone did a conga line across the stage. Weird. But hey, they seemed happy.

Great, long wail on EO17. Seemed to go on forever.

Stevie did the edge walk but there was too much space between the stage and front row so no hand shaking. That's how the setup always seemed to be at the Summit. However, being that I am so tall I was still able to reach over the little security guard and toss some red roses to Stevie all while munchkin guard tried to grab them. Stevie got them. He didn't. Ha! I do remember making eye contact with Stevie during the walk and noticed her eyes looked like no one was home. Big black moons. Quite spooky looking.

Concert ends. Then the WLT video filming starts. But before that they did redo/refilm TKOL which I thought was really strange. Then WLT filming begins. Sing the song. Take a break. Rinse and repeat another 4 or 5 times. They sing TTM a capella for a few seconds. Tease. During the breaks, the band would keep the crowd entertained. At this time TKOL had already come and gone as a single without much success so the keyboardist played the tune to "Don't Worry Be Happy" while singing "You didn't buy TKOL...we hope you buy WLT...." I thought it was funny.

All in all it was a great night. Even though I didn't make it into the video.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOldDesire View Post
I was at the Houston show. Although this was my fourth time seeing Stevie solo (also saw BD, WH, and RAL) this was my first time being front row. As luck would have it, or not, this was the venue where the video for WLT was filmed.

About 1pm the day of the show, Stevie calls in to the local radio station and proceeds to tell everyone about what's going on, the video being filmed, etc. The skanky DJ kept trying to rush Stevie off the phone; but Stevie was having none of that. She kept babbling on. Stevie said she was calling from her limo which was en route to the venue. She also said she hadn't been to sleep and she had been going since 6am that morning. She did try to sleep; but couldn't so she just closed her eyes and put on some country music and rested. She said that's as good as sleeping.

Stevie went over the filming process, and she was very concerned that with all the filming, etc. that everyone would be out too late and she kept saying that repeatedly and wanted to comfort the parents that the kids will be fine; but if they couldn't stay for the filming that she totally understood.

The DJ still kept trying to cut Stevie off and end the call; but Stevie kept on talking. She then said she chose Houston to film the video. Just as she chose Red Rocks for the RAL vid. She has this "premonistic" (her word, not mine) feeling about where things should be filmed. And that if everyone could stay it would film better because she never uses fake audiences for her videos like some other people do. Again her words not mine.

Finally, Stevie ends the call but before she hangs up she wanted the DJ to remind everyone that if they couldn't stay, it's ok; but if they could stay they certainly have her most "honorable invitation".

At the venue, the tour merch was quite good. Great tourbook, beautiful sweatshirt, t-shirts, handkerchiefs, buttons, etc. I bought it all.

The concert was good over all. Not only was it being filmed; but also recorded for WW1 network. Cameras were everywhere. One camera dude held the cam on me for the entire time during NSW. I figured this was my moment to shine so I let it all hang out and sang my ass off.

I must say the highlight of the show was Alice. Upon entering the stage, wearing that gorgeous blue fringe shawl and holding one of those folding hand fans, Stevie twirled all the way to her mic from stage left. And not one but two fantastic wails of ALIIIIIIIIIICE!

Alice was also one of the few songs when Stevie didn't wear one of those silly hats with the string/band going under her chin to hold it on.

A new beginning to EO17 where everyone did a conga line across the stage. Weird. But hey, they seemed happy.

Stevie did the edge walk but there was too much space between the stage and front row so no hand shaking. That's how the setup always seemed to be at the Summit. However, being that I am so tall I was still able to reach over the little security guard and toss some red roses to Stevie all while munchkin guard tried to grab them. Stevie got them. He didn't. Ha! I do remember making eye contact with Stevie during the walk and noticed her eyes looked like no one was home. Big black moons. Quite spooky looking.

Concert ends. Then the WLT video filming starts. But before that they did redo/refilm TKOL which I thought was really strange. Then WLT filming begins. Sing the song. Take a break. Rinse and repeat another 4 or 5 times. They sing TTM a capella for a few seconds. Tease. During the breaks, the band would keep the crowd entertained. At this time TKOL had already come and gone as a single without much success so the keyboardist played the tune to "Don't Worry Be Happy" while singing "You didn't buy TKOL...we hope you buy WLT...." I thought it was funny.

Cool story. Yes, there was a certain something to those Alice performances...the twirls, the fan...I liked it! I always she looked really stiff during the WLT performanc that was filmed, probably because she hadn't slept!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgeOldDesire View Post

Totally awesome story, and thank you for sharing.

How cool was it that you were there for the filming of WLT??? I bet that was a rip, seeing them o the filming and all of that! Glad the show was pretty decent.

As for Alice, how great would it be if it were in today's set list? I know I would totally love it, and I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one.
Old 09-01-2019, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I really enjoyed this thread. Today Sept 1 is the 30th anniversary of the show I saw in Pittsburgh Sept 1, 1989. I was a huge fan of the new album OSOTM but this was my least favorite Stevie concert. As I read all of this thread, my experience was very similar to others. I really did LOL to the reviews that said "Earth to Stevie, Earth to Stevie" and how they mentioned how slow she moved. The Pittsburgh Press actually asked her reps why she never moved and they responded that her foot was hurt and she was favoring it. It was my least favorite band she toured with too minus Russ Kunkel. It was late 80s and those synth keyboards on GDW were ear piercing even back then. I disliked her setlist and it was a certain mood the entire show. I also had the worst seats even though I bought them on the first day. Stevie was supposed to open her tour in Pittsburgh but something happened and the first date got delayed and the opener was in Detroit I believe. I knew something was wrong but tranquilizers never came to mind. She was zonked out completely. The Hooters did a great job. If you read the reviews on this thread, its pretty sad several of them stated the small band had more energy and put on a better show than the headliner.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I really enjoyed this thread. Today Sept 1 is the 30th anniversary of the show I saw in Pittsburgh Sept 1, 1989. I was a huge fan of the new album OSOTM but this was my least favorite Stevie concert. As I read all of this thread, my experience was very similar to others. I really did LOL to the reviews that said "Earth to Stevie, Earth to Stevie" and how they mentioned how slow she moved. The Pittsburgh Press actually asked her reps why she never moved and they responded that her foot was hurt and she was favoring it. It was my least favorite band she toured with too minus Russ Kunkel. It was late 80s and those synth keyboards on GDW were ear piercing even back then. I disliked her setlist and it was a certain mood the entire show. I also had the worst seats even though I bought them on the first day. Stevie was supposed to open her tour in Pittsburgh but something happened and the first date got delayed and the opener was in Detroit I believe. I knew something was wrong but tranquilizers never came to mind. She was zonked out completely. The Hooters did a great job. If you read the reviews on this thread, its pretty sad several of them stated the small band had more energy and put on a better show than the headliner.
The Hooters really were great. I had their album "Nervous Night" and their opening set for Stevie made me go out and buy "Zig Zag." They probably deserved more success than they ultimately had.
Old 09-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the Great Woods shows in Mansfield, MA. I think she played 2 nights. And then later, I went to the Saratoga Springs, NY concert (which had the tour books that some of the previous shows didn't).

At that time, it was a thrill because it was my first time seeing her solo, but in retrospect, she was a zombie on stage.

I remember there were quite a lot of gals dressed up like her, holding up signs saying 'Forest of the Black Roses' and such.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
I was at the Great Woods shows in Mansfield, MA. I think she played 2 nights. And then later, I went to the Saratoga Springs, NY concert (which had the tour books that some of the previous shows didn't).

At that time, it was a thrill because it was my first time seeing her solo, but in retrospect, she was a zombie on stage.

I remember there were quite a lot of gals dressed up like her, holding up signs saying 'Forest of the Black Roses' and such.
I saw her solo 1989, with the Mac 1990 and solo 1991
Those were the klonopin years big time but 1989 was the worst. I think her body adjusted to the doses years on. But no wonder she cant remember the 1989 tour. She stood at the mic and did not move the entire show and barely speaking except to introduce her band.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I saw her solo 1989, with the Mac 1990 and solo 1991
Those were the klonopin years big time but 1989 was the worst. I think her body adjusted to the doses years on. But no wonder she cant remember the 1989 tour. She stood at the mic and did not move the entire show and barely speaking except to introduce her band.
Given the fact that she was so heavily tranquilized, I wonder whether her "wardrobe mistresses" stepped in and dressed her in this ridiculous way.

moviekinks.blogspot.com