User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Amen sista! If my baby was to be born w/o a brain, with no chance of living somewhat of a normal life....I would have the option to abort it. Would I do it is another issue, but the option is still there.
I'm all for abortions with babies who will have horrible birth defects or if they'll kill the mother or if it was rape or incest. But just some bitch who got herself pregant and just doesn't feel like having a baby so I'll just kill it, is barbaric as Dissention once said about the deaht penalty.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Right. So in the event that giving birth will kill the mother, Dubya made the procedure illegal. Now who's a murderer?
Well, again that goes to my religous belifes...

in cases like that (I am Roman Catholic) it is the hope of the Church that the Mother will CHOOSE her childs life over her own...after all wouldn't we give our life for our children!
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
really...we must be reading lots of different "investigations" then!
We must be. Care to quote any of the ones you've read?

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
And that mother who threw the baby in the dumster deserves to have her ass murdered via the death penalty.
I still don't believe in taking a grown person's life. And if I really believed in God I would be even more vehement about that, perhaps, because in that case, I would definitely say that only God should take a person's life like that.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, again that goes to my religous belifes...

in cases like that (I am Roman Catholic) it is the hope of the Church that the Mother will CHOOSE her childs life over her own...after all wouldn't we give our life for our children!
Yes, well, we have separation of church and state and freedom of religion and such.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm all for abortions with babies who will have horrible birth defects or if they'll kill the mother or if it was rape or incest. But just some bitch who got herself pregant and just doesn't feel like having a baby so I'll just kill it, is barbaric as Dissention once said about the deaht penalty.
Is it the childs fault it was concieved do to rape!

why should it be someones decision to say "hey...I don't want to look at you...you are a bad reminder...so I am going to have to kill you!"

The child dosen't get the right to say "HEY I WANT TO LIVE"...

whose to say one of these children killed in abortion could have been the one to find the cure to cancer...or aids! guess will never know if we keep making choices for those who have no choice!
Old 01-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, well, we have separation of church and state and freedom of religion and such.
exactly! This is why I kind of stray from this topic...

I don't want to make anyone angry...Im new to the board and want to make friends..

I don't HATE anyone...I just have my personal views about religon...life...and how the country should be run!

hope you aren't angry at me
Old 01-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is it the childs fault it was concieved do to rape!

why should it be someones decision to say "hey...I don't want to look at you...you are a bad reminder...so I am going to have to kill you!"

The child dosen't get the right to say "HEY I WANT TO LIVE"...

whose to say one of these children killed in abortion could have been the one to find the cure to cancer...or aids! guess will never know if we keep making choices for those who have no choice!
Until someone can prove that a bundle of tissues is actually a child, then it's not taking a child's life. And that tired line about the cure for cancer is older and more worn-out than my lines about gay rights.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still don't believe in taking a grown person's life. And if I really believed in God I would be even more vehement about that, perhaps, because in that case, I would definitely say that only God should take a person's life like that.
you see a grown person made a BAD CHOICE. That baby did not make a bad choice.

He Will Burn You Down
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Eh, there's no logic behind your train of thought on this issue, so believe what you want.
just curious isn't the chick in your avitar a conservative...kennedy somebody?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not angry at anyone, I'd just like for you to take part in this conversation on an intellectual level. You still have not answered any of my inquiries regarding self defense or the reports that linked Iraq to our country's attack on 9/11. If I call and you can't come, just let me know.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm not for random abortions. It's not my body or life, though...it's the choice of each woman. If we don't educate on the importance of wearing a condom, using birth control...then we are going to have more babies in dumpsters. The President is blind to back allies and rural communities. He's so out of touch of what is really going on, that his big plans for have a sex-free teenage society will eventually bite him in the ass.
Addicted Ledgie

Cool True...

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't see how liberals hate gay people. I'm a liberal and gay, so that doesn't quite work. Also, not letting us get married is definitely a form of hatred--many Republicans seem to think that marriage is exclusively for heterosexuals. That's called discrimination. And homosexuality is not a lifestyle, just as heterosexuality is not. They are equal in every way.
I agree with ya 1000%...And remember I am an In-De-Pen-Dent, (C'mon, Say it with me y'all...In-De-Pen-Dent...Good, Now say it 10,000 times in a row tonight and maybe, Just maybe it will brainwash ya into joinin' us on the 'other'-other side ), who has never (Or will) understand why most in this country seems more afraid of a gay couple getting married (Hey, If yer in love and ya found your soulmate that ya want to spend the rest of your life with in marriage, What effing right is it that the government should interfere??? Hey government idiots F.O.A.D. and let people get married no matter their sexual orientation, ok?) instead of some radical extremist parking a nuke in downtown Holly-weird...

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 01-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
just curious isn't the chick in your avitar a conservative...kennedy somebody?
No, the chick in my avatar is Susan Powter, an insane yet extremely liberal person.

Old 01-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
exactly! This is why I kind of stray from this topic...

I don't want to make anyone angry...Im new to the board and want to make friends..

I don't HATE anyone...I just have my personal views about religon...life...and how the country should be run!

Well, it's just that many of us on here are gay and would love to get married one day. You have NO IDEA how much time I have spent SOBBING because one of my goals in life is to get married one day and conservatives want to ensure that I never do. I am saving myself for marriage. Fat chance. Also, lots of folks on here are atheists, and many who are Christian do not believe that their religious beliefs are the one, solid truth.

And, again, I'm sorry, but when someone tells me that I can't get married, that shatters one of my life's dreams that has been shattered time after time, and I can't not be angry.