User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2008, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
I think it's the most classy looking guitar there is.
I will second that motion.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, it's beautiful!~ Congrats! I can't believe how long it took to get it. Now make it "sing" for you!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any chance of a youtube video or some audio of you playing it? Always wanted to just hear it or watch it being played on its own.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Any chance of a youtube video or some audio of you playing it? Always wanted to just hear it or watch it being played on its own.
Yeah I will get around to it! =) You guys will be the 1st to know.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It remains an incredible guitar, such a shame it took so long
Old 10-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

wow you contact a lawyer and your model 1 suddenly appears...shady.
Cool you finally you obtained...and you're happy...you are happy, right?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
wow you contact a lawyer and your model 1 suddenly appears...shady.
Cool you finally you obtained...and you're happy...you are happy, right?
I truly hate that it came to that. Because now, if I need any help/work done with the guitar...well obviously I'm probably in the hot seat with Rick. I mean, ultimately I know he has no right to be mad at me for going to a lawyer. But you know, these type of situations are going to harbor bad feelings in some manner.

I am happy I finally got it. It's still not what I wanted exactly (Hell, they asked me 3 or 4 times)...they just didn't listen to what I have to say. =/
Old 10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I truly hate that it came to that. Because now, if I need any help/work done with the guitar...well obviously I'm probably in the hot seat with Rick. I mean, ultimately I know he has no right to be mad at me for going to a lawyer. But you know, these type of situations are going to harbor bad feelings in some manner.

I am happy I finally got it. It's still not what I wanted exactly (Hell, they asked me 3 or 4 times)...they just didn't listen to what I have to say. =/
Glad you got your guitar...sorry you had to go through what you did to get it. My experience with Rick was 180 degrees the other way...my wife ordered it in July, it was at my door a couple of days before Christmas, (it was EXACTLY what I was hoping for, color, construction, feel, etc)...which reminds me, my Model 1 turns 10 this year.

I think you'll have to find another guitar tech if you need work done on yours. I've been wanting to have some work done on mine, but from what I've read from other owners, the concentration of the company is on building new guitars and not so much on repairing/maintenance of ones he's already sold.

Last edited by chiliD; 10-06-2008 at 12:47 PM..
Old 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Sweet. What sort of guitar would you say they are like for playability? I'd like to get one in the future if they'd be comfortable but it's unlikely I'll get to try one before so I want to make sure. They look pretty wide necked and I'm used to pretty slim necks so I'm not sure they'd be a nice fit for me
No, the neck is actually narrower than a Les Paul...but the neck is thicker, more of a "U" shaped neck (kind of like a baseball bat), much different than the shallower "V" shape of a vintage Strat or "C" shape of a Tele. It was quite a change...the neck felt slightly odd at first, since I'd been playing a Les Paul or a Strat for 30 years prior but after about 5 seconds, it felt just perfectly comfortable...now it's the Les Paul & Strat that feel "weird" when I play them.

EDIT: about the closest I could compare the feel of the neck to would be a Gibson Flying V.

Last edited by chiliD; 10-06-2008 at 12:58 PM..
Old 10-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Glad you got your guitar...sorry you had to go through what you did to get it. My experience with Rick was 180 degrees the other way...my wife ordered it in July, it was at my door a couple of days before Christmas, (it was EXACTLY what I was hoping for, color, construction, feel, etc)...which reminds me, my Model 1 turns 10 this year.

I think you'll have to find another guitar tech if you need work done on yours. I've been wanting to have some work done on mine, but from what I've read from other owners, the concentration of the company is on building new guitars and not so much on repairing/maintenance of ones he's already sold.
here;s another shot Chili!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/...9feba87694.jpg

See how dark it is? I wanted that vintage brown/tan colour. You know...the way the one Turner looks on the Dance DVD when he's playing THE CHAIN? That sort of matte finish look? Anyway...thats hard for them to reproduce evidently because Rick said that particular guitar is probably 25 years old. Rick also told me Lindsey is retiring all 6 of his current Turners and just ordered a new batch of 5.