Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-09-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Given there'll be a big long world tour coming up (at some point), I wonder if he's going to look to relocate to LA. Also, doesn't Molly live in LA? Maybe he and Julie will want to move close to her. Not necessarily suggesting they are moving away from Hawaii- just speculating.
I can't really see any other reason to give up such a fabulous home.
A lot of people of John's age, especially after having health problems, have to relocate because their house has too many stairs.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
A lot of people of John's age, especially after having health problems, have to relocate because their house has too many stairs.
A lot of people of John's age with health problems have to relocate because their house has too many stairs.
If John didn't want to go upstairs in his place I'm sure he wouldn't have to. I think there might be plenty enough ground floor rooms to rely on. Or install a Stanna

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-09-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
A lot of people of John's age with health problems have to relocate because their house has too many stairs.
If John didn't want to go upstairs in his place I'm sure he wouldn't have to. I think there might be plenty enough ground floor rooms to rely on. Or install a Stanna
Of course, but why keeping a house this big when he can easily access only half of its rooms (hypotetically speaking)? You also have to think people his age usually get stubborn about having to admit they can't do many of the things they've always done like climbing the stairs. Surely all the other circumstances like the imminent tour, wanting to be closer to family are true, but we don't have to forget that the band members must face the same problems of all the other humans of their age. If I were his daughter I would want my father to live closer to me and in a place where he can do the fewest bull**** possible.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think after his health problems he may want to settle down in the most practical place should any problem ever arise.
ageist much? the man stands on the stage playing heavy guitar for 2-3 hrs easily 4-5 nights a week for 18 months in a row but somehow he can't climb the stairs because he's 70 now?

Quote:
Given there'll be a big long world tour coming up (at some point), I wonder if he's going to look to relocate to LA. Also, doesn't Molly live in LA? Maybe he and Julie will want to move close to her. Not necessarily suggesting they are moving away from Hawaii- just speculating.
I can't really see any other reason to give up such a fabulous home.
yeah i'd think he's moving hack to LA with all those buying and selling of houses he did there lately.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One of the articles above said the McVie's sold in LA and upgraded as they spend more time there now, so this doesn't seem a surprise. Lovely home though, wonder if he moved his boat? I have heard anecdotally that Julie spends time in LA when John is on the road, which doesn't seem a surprise since Julie's from there,their daughter is there, etc.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course, but why keeping a house this big when he can easily access only half of its rooms (hypotetically speaking)? You also have to think people his age usually get stubborn about having to admit they can't do many of the things they've always done like climbing the stairs. Surely all the other circumstances like the imminent tour, wanting to be closer to family are true, but we don't have to forget that the band members must face the same problems of all the other humans of their age. If I were his daughter I would want my father to live closer to me and in a place where he can do the fewest bull**** possible.
My guess is it wouldn't make much difference. They probably only use half the rooms (or less) as it is. After all, there's only the two of them. Beautiful house, but most of it is just for show.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

maybe he's taken a page out of Lindsey's book-- his financial success in LA real estate
Old 11-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Here is a snippet from another article on this. It points out how he sold his Hawaii house to Mick and sold his Brentwood house for yet a bigger house in Brentwood.

McVie was previously residing full-time in Hawaii, but now he’s heading back to Los Angeles. He already upgraded his West Coast digs, with the purchase of a $6.8 million Brentwood estate in April this year. That was a few months before he*sold novelist Raymond Chandler’s former Brentwood home in July, for its asking price of $2.995 million—McVie managed to sell that house in just over two weeks, so hopefully he finds similar interest for this Hawaiian abode.
Perhaps McVie will scoop up another piece of Hawaii real estate at some point in the future. After all, he has been a fan of the islands for quite some time, as he once owned a home on Maui, which he sold to his Fleetwood Mac bandmate Mick Fleetwood around 2003
Old 01-16-2018, 09:31 AM

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham is back looking for a buyer in Brentwood

Following a six-month hiatus, Lindsey Buckingham has put a newly built home in Brentwood back on the market at its original $22.5 million asking price. That’s one way to refresh a listing.

The longtime Fleetwood Mac member bought the property five years ago for $5.8 million, but the new build was completed last year.

The modern Georgian-style three-story house has wood-shingle siding, dormer windows and white trim that pops against the light brown exterior.

The white-walled interiors include formal living and dining rooms, dual kitchens, a library, six bedrooms and 10 bathrooms. A screening room features a marble-topped bar and screening room.

A guesthouse sits across from the swimming pool for a total of close to 11,000 square feet of living space. Terraces, a fire pit, an outdoor shower, lawns and mature landscaping complete the three-quarter acre of grounds.

Buckingham, 68, gained fame as the frontman and lead guitarist for the British American rock band Fleetwood Mac. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the group in 1998. As a solo artist, he has released nine albums.

David Offer of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties is the listing agent.

Looking at the photo gallery here: http://www.latimes.com/business/real...115-story.html
Old 01-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know I’m surprised... Lindsey actually has excellent arhitechual taste. That is a very classic looking colonial style home and NOT at all like the McMansions that you see in CA
Old 01-16-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Looking at the photo gallery here: http://www.latimes.com/business/real...115-story.html
there's a thread on this already in Lindsey forum, and posting this article related info there generated some discussion yesterday.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57258

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
You know I’m surprised... Lindsey actually has excellent arhitechual taste. That is a very classic looking colonial style home and NOT at all like the McMansions that you see in CA
He wasn't involved in this other than financing his wife to renovate and decorate it.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Following a six-month hiatus, Lindsey Buckingham has put a newly built home in Brentwood back on the market at its original $22.5 million asking price. That’s one way to refresh a listing.

The longtime Fleetwood Mac member bought the property five years ago for $5.8 million, but the new build was completed last year.

The modern Georgian-style three-story house has wood-shingle siding, dormer windows and white trim that pops against the light brown exterior.

The white-walled interiors include formal living and dining rooms, dual kitchens, a library, six bedrooms and 10 bathrooms. A screening room features a marble-topped bar and screening room.

A guesthouse sits across from the swimming pool for a total of close to 11,000 square feet of living space. Terraces, a fire pit, an outdoor shower, lawns and mature landscaping complete the three-quarter acre of grounds.

Buckingham, 68, gained fame as the frontman and lead guitarist for the British American rock band Fleetwood Mac. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the group in 1998. As a solo artist, he has released nine albums.

David Offer of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties is the listing agent.

If no one thought it was worth buying at the original asking price six months ago, they aren't going to suddenly think so now. When a house doesn't sell, it tells you the market doesn't think it's worth what you are asking, even though it's a lovely house.

I'm betting their real estate agent wanted them to come down in the price at least some, but the fact they didn't is interesting.

He bought it and his wife spent four years tearing it down and rebuilding and decorating it. I'm sure they spent a fortune and would like to make all the money they spent back and then a profit too.

But clearly the market has spoken, and relisting at the same price doesn't make sense.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SOLD!

Fleetwood Mac's John McVie goes his own way, selling palm-topped retreat in Honolulu for $5.4 million
Neal J. Leitereg

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...329-story.html

Fleetwood Mac's John McVie goes his own way, selling palm-topped retreat in Honolulu for $5.4 million
John McVie of Fleetwood Mac fame has sold his Honolulu home of more than a decade for $5.4 million. (Kevin Winter / Getty Images)

Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie has tuned up a sale in Honolulu, selling his home near the base of Diamond Head for $5.4 million.

Surrounded by tall palms, the walled and gated residence has five bedrooms, six bathrooms and nearly 8,000 square feet of light and airy living space.

Living spaces include a vaulted-ceiling great room with pocketing doors that open to the media room. A breakfast area adjoins the updated kitchen, which has a marble-topped island. An office, sitting area and wood-paneled dressing room make up the master suite.

Large picture windows bring natural light and garden views into nearly every room of the house.

Outdoors, there are covered and uncovered patios, a blue-tiled swimming pool and a barbecue area. A motor court and multiple garages also lie within about a half-acre of grounds.

McVie bought the home through a trust more than a decade ago for $5 million, records show. It had been listed for $6.25 million.

Patricia Choi and Matt Gabriel of the Choi Group were the listing agents. Akira Okubo of Family Hawaii Realty represented the buyer.

The 72-year-old McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in the late 1960s and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the band. Among the group's hits are "Go Your Own Way," "Rhiannon" and "Don't Stop."

Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-29-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SOLD!

Neal J. Leitereg

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...329-story.html

John McVie of Fleetwood Mac fame has sold his Honolulu home of more than a decade for $5.4 million. (Kevin Winter / Getty Images)

Fleetwood Mac bassist John McVie has tuned up a sale in Honolulu, selling his home near the base of Diamond Head for $5.4 million.

Surrounded by tall palms, the walled and gated residence has five bedrooms, six bathrooms and nearly 8,000 square feet of light and airy living space.

Living spaces include a vaulted-ceiling great room with pocketing doors that open to the media room. A breakfast area adjoins the updated kitchen, which has a marble-topped island. An office, sitting area and wood-paneled dressing room make up the master suite.

Large picture windows bring natural light and garden views into nearly every room of the house.

Outdoors, there are covered and uncovered patios, a blue-tiled swimming pool and a barbecue area. A motor court and multiple garages also lie within about a half-acre of grounds.

McVie bought the home through a trust more than a decade ago for $5 million, records show. It had been listed for $6.25 million.

Patricia Choi and Matt Gabriel of the Choi Group were the listing agents. Akira Okubo of Family Hawaii Realty represented the buyer.

The 72-year-old McVie joined Fleetwood Mac in the late 1960s and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the band. Among the group's hits are "Go Your Own Way," "Rhiannon" and "Don't Stop."
Wow, that seems quite shocking.... he only made 400k on it in Hawaii?? on Oahu?? Real estate there is insane and only going higher. I find it rather amazing that he paid 5 million for it ten years ago and can only get 5.4 for it now???