The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just love how everyone seems to know exactly what Stevie has been doing for the last few years, how she lives in a bubble, and how she just doesnt have any kind of intelligence or common sense. God...it is sickening how this situation with loser Lindsey has taken over your every thought on this board. You have absolutely no clue about anything she does in her daily life and neither do I.

He is gone...he is never coming back. He is no longer part of Fleetwood Mac. Too bad so sad...go cry in the corner and leave the rest of us with some kind of positive place to come to discuss them. I have never seen anything so...oh lets us your word...IGNORANT!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
He is gone...he is never coming back. He is no longer part of Fleetwood Mac. Too bad so sad...go cry in the corner and leave the rest of us with some kind of positive place to come to discuss them. I have never seen anything so...oh lets us your word...IGNORANT!
JohnL, I think there's a very real chance Lindsey will reunite with FM somewhere down the line, even if it's just for one last farewell tour (or two). No one EVER expected the Rumours era band to make a comeback in 1996, and they returned in a colossal way. But in the meantime, I'm going to bask in the anticipation of seeing both FM and LB live this year!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
JohnL, I think there's a very real chance Lindsey will reunite with FM somewhere down the line, even if it's just for one last farewell tour (or two). No one EVER expected the Rumours era band to make a comeback in 1996, and they returned in a colossal way. But in the meantime, I'm going to bask in the anticipation of seeing both FM and LB live this year!
I agree with this, bwboy. Because the parting was so nasty and dramatic, the story needs a happy ending. And because they have such a long history, I believe it will happen if everyone is alive.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just love how everyone seems to know exactly what Stevie has been doing for the last few years, how she lives in a bubble, and how she just doesnt have any kind of intelligence or common sense. God...it is sickening how this situation with loser Lindsey has taken over your every thought on this board. You have absolutely no clue about anything she does in her daily life and neither do I.

loser lindsey lol your goddess is a shill who openly admits to not making new music because it won't make her any money, and is a single, bitter old narcissist. Meanwhile, Lindsey has been in one of the most prolific phases of his solo career with much critical acclaim, happily married with a family, and continues to show a growth and maturity as a human being & artist that most would agree continues to elude Ms. Nicks. Loser indeed
Old 09-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
loser lindsey lol your goddess is a shill who openly admits to not making new music because it won't make her any money, and is a single, bitter old narcissist. Meanwhile, Lindsey has been in one of the most prolific phases of his solo career with much critical acclaim, happily married with a family, and continues to show a growth and maturity as a human being & artist that most would agree continues to elude Ms. Nicks. Loser indeed
That term was said mostly for effect because I am tired of the ongoing Stevie bashing. How does it feel? Also it is obvious that he did something to be kicked out of this band. But that is totally ignored on this board. It’s all Stevie and Mick’s fault...which is total BS. I think we will get an album or at least 4 or 5 songs out of this version of the band. Let’s see what you say after that.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That term was said mostly for effect because I am tired of the ongoing Stevie bashing. How does it feel? Also it is obvious that he did something to be kicked out of this band. But that is totally ignored on this board. It’s all Stevie and Mick’s fault...which is total BS. I think we will get an album or at least 4 or 5 songs out of this version of the band. Let’s see what you say after that.
Hmm, how does it feel? Kinda silly, considering Lindsey hasn't really given us any reason to call him a loser, vs Stevie putting her foot in her mouth constantly, giving cringe-worthy statement after statement, self-absorbed interview after interview, showing her complete lack of respect/interest in working with Lindsey in all her recent actions, after his seemingly genuine attempts to please her, make for comfortable collaboration since, I don't know, 2009, when he even went so far as to specifically write songs in her key. Her complete indifference, refusal certainly doesn't hurt the assumption that she had the biggest hand in this.. I could go on, but you'll prob never take your blinders off, so whats the point? What will I say if they put out an EP or album with this farce of a lineup? Well I'd probably say Stevie Nicks is a huge liar/hypocrite, given all of her excuses, dodging recording with Lindsey (Before the hard no, it was "If Chris comes back!!" ) . And just guessing as to the quality of the songs/arrangements/production, its very possible I'll also say its embarrassing adult contemporary garbage

Last edited by The Chain; 09-18-2018 at 11:15 AM..
Old 09-18-2018, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The truth is we have no idea what she is working on writing wise. It’s laughable to claim she is outright NOT writing. Since the 1990s her output has slowed. However, not being prolific does not equal not working.

I suspect she is at least writing in her journals and doing her stream of consciousness poetry. I think she has slowed down since her mother’s death.

I work with book writers and different writers and artists have different timetables. Four mystery writers come to my mind as examples. You have the Agatha Christies and Ruth Rendells who wrote multiple books a year.

Then you have the Dorothy Sayers and P.D. James who took YEARS in between books. Look at Stevie’s pattern and this is not surprising, no matter what the reason is:

Street Angel: 1994
Trouble in Shangri-La: 2001
In Your Dreams: 2011
24 KG: 2014

If you don’t want to count 24 KG as her writing was mainly slight edits of demos, then we are close to the Trouble in Shangri-La gap.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We know she writes journal entries and whatnot but I remember a recent interview where she outright stated she isn’t writing songs much these days.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
We know she writes journal entries and whatnot but I remember a recent interview where she outright stated she isn’t writing songs much these days.
She did indeed say that herself (as if it wasn't already obvious). Funny how people forget
Old 09-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I agree with this, bwboy. Because the parting was so nasty and dramatic, the story needs a happy ending. And because they have such a long history, I believe it will happen if everyone is alive.
We just gotta keep the faith, jbrownsjr
Old 09-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
She did indeed say that herself (as if it wasn't already obvious). Funny how people forget
Yeah ..what she mentioned was that she cannot write the way she used to because she is no longer having tumultuous romances and partying like a rock star.The last album of mostly new material that she released was largely a co-write with Dave Stewart and for the Fleetwood Mac EP all she could kick in was an unlistenable update of a Buckingham/Nicks outtake. I'm afraid the well has pretty much run dry.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Funny how people can’t read, either. She has said she is not writing as much, and that she is not writing the same kind of sex and rock and roll songs, not that she has completely stopped writing.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
She definitely is slowing down, but slowing down doesn’t mean stopped. My point is we have no idea what she is doing beyond the upcoming tour and AHS.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie may well be writing vast volumes of songs all the time. The only evidence of that would be IF SHE RECORED AND RELEASED THEM. She does not do that. So therefore I am sceptical about the talk about writing and wanting songs to touch people.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree John L, to the point I changed my avatar and sig line on this board!