User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRox2
Some think that Stevie & Linds were getting together during The Dance and then wella - Kristin comes up preggers - and I think that Stevie sent him packing, what a jerk - sleeping with another woman at the same time as her and then she becomes preggers - so much for them getting back together! I think that pissed her off tremendously.
These are all theories, right? I mean, is there any certifiable back up or proof that this is all true? Or is this just speculation and possible wishful thinking on the part of Buckingham Nicks romantics? (I...wholeheartedly...being one of them. I love those two together.)
Old 03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay, here goes:

- I loved OSOTM and Street Angel. I'm not sure which I love most. I think both are similar in that they each have a couple of drop-dead incredible songs, while they also have several which are on the whole forgettable.
- Mirage sucked.
- Yes, the Tango hair was awesome.
- No, the RAL hair was not. Just kidding, it was fairly cool.
- The present day Rhiannon is the best.
- I despise Leather and Lace. Just a teency bit less than I despise Mirage.
- Next to Stevie Sheryl Crow sounds shrill and dreadful. I don't like to hear Fall From Grace destroyed by that duet.
- I don't believe anybody could possibly look so good at that age without having surgery.
- Then agian, maybe I'm wrong. I'm still considering that one.
- That biting-the-bottom-lip thing she did annoys the HELL out of me. Seriously, you have no idea.
- Her voice in the late 70s irritates me enormously.
- I therefore dislike most of the studio versions of the songs on Rumours.

And I really want to hear more about this marriage proposal thing.

Last edited by Sahara; 03-03-2006 at 11:37 AM..
Old 03-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueLamp
I've never heard this one before!
oops......maybe that wasn't public information

Quote:
My thoughts EXACTLY!! The pic of her and Linds sitting on the floor talking says it all! I also think there's something to why she quit singing Silver Springs on SYW, I believe the last time was at the Atlanta show, right after baby #3 was born - Stella. Some say it's because it became vocally difficult for her - yeah, right.
I think that is the widely accepted version of events
vocal trouble my @ss!

have you heard the stuff about how she changed the lyrics of BC around the time K got pregnant? coincidence

Quote:
Some think that Stevie & Linds were getting together during The Dance and then wella - Kristin comes up preggers - and I think that Stevie sent him packing, what a jerk - sleeping with another woman at the same time as her and then she becomes preggers - so much for them getting back together! I think that pissed her off tremendously.
man i'd kick his @ss.
but there is a theory that they supposedly only got together
AFTER Kristen was pregnant that is pretty #$&@ed up
i don't know if i believe that but either way
Stevie sent him home
Old 03-03-2006, 11:38 AM
cliffdweller
This message has been deleted by cliffdweller.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86
you're going to get 101 different answers to this
but i would say that would be Lindsey asking Stevie to marry him
Her turning him down and sending him back to the mother of his son!
I just love urban legends.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara
- Her voice in the late 70s irritates me enormously.
- I therefore dislike most of the studio versions of the songs on Rumours.
that reminds me. i didn't specifically mention it
but i HATE Rumours
i remember buying it coz we DIDN'T have the record
and i wanted to know what everyone kept making such a big deal about.
but i was not impressed.

i don't mind the songs live. but off the album, i can't stand them
especially Stevie. I hate her 70s voice too.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:45 AM
eclipse
This message has been deleted by eclipse.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara
Okay, here goes:

- Mirage sucked.
Are you talking Mirage as a whole or Stevie's contributions? I love all three of her Mirage songs.
Addicted Ledgie

Addendum to my post on page one of this thread

4. Stevie and Lindsey were in love in the early seventies but haven't been for over thirty years. Fans are the only ones that haven't moved on.

~joins the federal witness protection program~

Sasja

Addicted Ledgie

Smile There are some thoughtful and well thought out posts

Thanks to all that read my post and Got it!
After I posted it I checked to see if anyone responded and was disapointed that the posts were about her hairstyle, or stage outfit ---C'mom, it was all not about the friviouslous stuff, and I was discouraged that not one "Got the seriousness of my thoughts" Then I checked back and was delighted to see that my words were not in vain.

So thanks Street Angel and Blue Lamp for responding with seriousness and understanding my heartfelt thoughts on the Stevie we all know al love- regardless of reebooks, or shawls or hair...she is just so much deeper than all of the images she can evoke. I'm happy you see it too
~~eclipse~~

For never have I been a blue calm sea...I have always been a storm, always been a storm... sln
~~eclipse~~
Old 03-03-2006, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I just love urban legends.
then why was..and why does she still wear the engagement ring?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja
Addendum to my post on page one of this thread

4. Stevie and Lindsey were in love in the early seventies but haven't been for over thirty years. Fans are the only ones that haven't moved on.

~joins the federal witness protection program~

Sasja
yeah u better!
or Liddy is going to come after you with his guitar
Old 03-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that reminds me. i didn't specifically mention it
but i HATE Rumours i remember buying it coz we DIDN'T have the record
and i wanted to know what everyone kept making such a big deal about.
but i was not impressed.

i don't mind the songs live. but off the album, i can't stand them
especially Stevie. I hate her 70s voice too.
I ... er ... think you & Sahara won this round!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I ... er ... think you & Sahara won this round!
wot we win?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Thanks to all that read my post and Got it!
After I posted it I checked to see if anyone responded and was disapointed that the posts were about her hairstyle, or stage outfit ---C'mom, it was all not about the friviouslous stuff, and I was discouraged that not one "Got the seriousness of my thoughts" Then I checked back and was delighted to see that my words were not in vain.

So thanks Street Angel and Blue Lamp for responding with seriousness and understanding my heartfelt thoughts on the Stevie we all know al love- regardless of reebooks, or shawls or hair...she is just so much deeper than all of the images she can evoke. I'm happy you see it too
~~eclipse~~
I totally got your post and couldn't agree with you more about WISYA. That song means more to me then you know and I adore it for all the reasons you stated and I think a lot of people feel that way, they just don't speak up. Only the ones who despise it do.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
wot we win?
Money?!

And for the record, I love WISYA too. The bit where Lindsey comes in at the end tears me to pieces.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Ok, some of my unpopular Stevie "things" Please remember that I am older than most of you and I remember when she truely started out, with that in mind...
- I don't buy the "I was a sweet girl and had never drank before FM", -I do buy that Christine taught her how to drink- English style- snifters of brandy and some lovely wines...
-Oh yeah...the coke deal...C'mon, even if everyone was doing it-somewhere in your mind you HAD to know it would come to no good end-
Same as cigarette's-same as the "life in the fast lane, sex and parties", same as the kloponin, same as the clothes and furniture that you shop for compulsively.....etc. etc.
-Stevie, my sweet you have an addictive personality-and you do EVERYTHING in your life to an extreme.. (I know, cuz I do too)
-Another unpopular opinion that I have is not that she didn't have children because of her love of music and her "art and craft" (the whole, I wouldn't have given myself totally to a child or children...please )
I think it is more along the lines of when she was in her 30's going through so much drama, and turmoil, ( I give the woman credit-she did have some very difficult times emotionally to struggle through), she realized during those phases of her life---that , you know what ?
I am really all about me, (The Stevie Nicks/Rock and Roll Priestess ,the charachter she plays) and I want to be remembered for that. (I am not saying this in a nasty or disparaging way-I just think this is how she felt) I do not want to be remembered for being Stephanie Buckingham or Fleetwood, Anderson, or Iovine, or Walsh or...whatever, __________fill in the blank.

I don't have the time/patience/desire to have children-simple as that, but I feel she needs to make it seem more of a selflless act as opposed to a selfish one. She makes it sound like it has been such a sacrifice..that bugs me.

-There are some songs that make me think"-What the hell was she thinking when she made this?" and others that I can listen to all day long.
Lastly, let me say that besides watching the Dance version of Silver Springs,where the emotions are just flying right out of her eyes and body movement- The love and anger are so apparent, I am always in awe of that performance.
- I feel her most emotional and heart felt song is "When I see You Again" I know 8 out of 10 people hate this song!
Everyone needs to listen to that song more closely...It is hauntingly sad ....(her voice is shot at this pont too, but that doesn't matter-either does the way too, too many repeats of "whatsamatter baby"matter - What matters is that she is so vunerable, afraid and desperate, so frightened and so raw...
Remember, this song was written while she was at Betty Ford, thinking that when she came out maybe she would be a different person, lose her creative side, not be able to cope without being high, that Lindsey wouldn't be her best friend anymore~~that a part of her was going to disappear...what would her whole world be like?
She opens up on that song more than anyother and it bothers me that people dismiss it because she is so hoarse, and pleading.., you are missing the point
-I love that she sings "When I see you again" and Lindsey's response at the end of the song is "If I see you again" Plus his acoustic guitar at the end is also hauntingly faint...
( I also read somewhere that she tricked him into the vocals on that song, not realizing he was the only one singing back to her, but when it was finished the band agreed that is how it should stay-
Just the two of them---- Again and again,over and over...

Enough of my rambling-I hope someone here sees the same Stevie Nicks that I think, she wants us all to see

Always the curious/opinionated~~
~~eclipse
But what's your real opinion of Stevie? lol Seriously, I'm near your age as well and I know the 1970's era Stevie. I agree with most of your comments. Quite the party girl in the old days and destined to go down in flames like Joplin. She has said so herself. We're all sure glad it didn't end that way.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris Nicks' resentment of the way he was treated as a child, versus the way his precious and talented sister was treated, played a part in his ability sit back and watch his sister, as an adult, completely fall apart and reach death's door on two seperate occaisions, while he was on her payroll.