Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default All The Beautiful Worlds

In Stevie's commentary on this song, she said she couldn't remember what it was written about, but she must have been in a dark place. Anyway, Matthew Anderson has taken,to social media to find out about an Ebay sale of a book Stevie wrote for him about her and Robin. The seller wanted over $14,000 for it. He displayed several photos of the journal pages. He was hoping the seller would see that the book belongs to him. It was written for him. I guess it ended up with Herbie Worthington and this person got it at the estate sale. I'm not sure what the status is now. The item is off Ebay and Matthew hasn't said anything. I did look at the journal pages and one of them starts off with Stevie saying they had just recorded All the beautiful worlds and she hoped it came out ok. I wonder now if the song was written about Robin. It would make sense since the book is about her.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-03-2015, 04:38 PM

The first time that I listened to All the beautiful worlds I thought that there was a certain erotic undertone, like in How still my love, but that it wasn't all there was to it.
There is something darker about it, it has a certain brooding quality to it; if it's partially about Robin, that opens up a lot new interesting scenarios.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Registered

He set up a go fund me to buy it.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just looked at the old eBay listing, wow what an interesting find. I wonder how this book ended up in the Herbie Worthington estate? The seller claimed Stevie's reps said she didn't want it. Weird. Maybe they didn't actually discuss it with her. I couldn't see her wanting it to just be in the hands of a stranger. I'm glad that Matthew is going to be able to get it.

The entry about ATBW was quite sad. I never thought the song was about Robin but who knows.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never thought of it as a song to Robin either till I saw the journal entry. Maybe it's just a description of the day. She goes on to say she was talking to Gordon (Perry) and talking about her feelings for Robin. It really was a very sad time in Stevie's life.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 07-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

I have a hard time believing that Stevie wrote this. It even says in the eBay listing that Stevie was not prolific at calligraphy and may have had someone do the writing. Why would she part with something so personal? I think All the Beautiful worlds may be about her out of control drug use. I don't know who put the book together but in my opinion it was created by someone other than Stevie.
Old 07-11-2015, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylounge View Post
I have a hard time believing that Stevie wrote this. It even says in the eBay listing that Stevie was not prolific at calligraphy and may have had someone do the writing. Why would she part with something so personal? I think All the Beautiful worlds may be about her out of control drug use. I don't know who put the book together but in my opinion it was created by someone other than Stevie.
The writing is very beautiful and poetic though. I could see Stevie writing it.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylounge View Post
Really? I think it's absolutely real.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
The seller claimed Stevie's reps said she didn't want it.
Maybe it was the same weasel management that told David Letterman she would never do his show.
Old 07-13-2015, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndoingTheLaces View Post
Maybe it was the same weasel management that told David Letterman she would never do his show.
or that told her the music business was dead and she should not do another album.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

PR Urgent, July 13, 2015

http://www.prurgent.com/2015-07-13/p...ease389689.htm

In 1982, after the death of her lifelong best friend Robin Anderson, Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks created a journal in her memory. Long believed lost, the journal surfaced in 2015 after being discovered at the estate of longtime Fleetwood Mac photographer Herbert Worthington. Friends of Robin's son Matthew are attempting to use crowdfunding to raise the money needed to purchase the journal for him.

Stevie Nicks is a multi-Grammy award winning, multi-platinum selling Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee currently on tour with Fleetwood Mac with recently returned bandmate Christine McVie. Though Nicks is currently on tour with the band in Europe, an exciting story about Nicks' past has been brewing in the United States.

In 1982, on the heels of a number one solo debut album, “Bella Donna” and Fleetwood Mac’s wildly successful “Mirage” album, Stevie Nicks received the news that her lifelong best friend, Robin Anderson, had been diagnosed with terminal leukemia. To further complicate matters, Robin discovered she was pregnant. Six months into the pregnancy, Robin’s condition worsened, and doctors performed an emergency cesarean section to save the baby. Robin passed away a week later. In Stevie’s “Behind the Music” special, she recalls: “Robin died and they took the baby… and he was three months premature. It was horrible. It was such an upsetting situation.”

Devastated, in late 1982 Stevie commissioned a memorial journal to be made in Robin’s honor. It tells the story of Robin’s life and the friendship Stevie and Robin shared.

Today, Robin’s son Matthew is 32 years old, and in late May of 2015, Matthew and his wife gave birth to a baby girl named Robin Anderson in honor of her late grandmother.

In a 1990 interview with US Magazine, Stevie mentioned the “beautiful book [she] wrote the year that [Robin] died” and the fact that she had intended for Matthew to be the recipient of the book and some other mementos from his mother. Believed lost for many years, the book was included in a large lot of items that eventually made their way to Herbert Worthington, the legendary Fleetwood Mac photographer known for the cover of “Rumours” and many of the band’s iconic images. When Herbert passed away in 2013, the book was auctioned off by his estate.

Unknowingly, a collector purchased the book and put it up for sale on eBay in June of 2015, along with a number of other items he purchased from Worthington’s estate. Although the journal is a poignant connection to one of the world’s best loved musicians, it’s also an eternal and heartfelt tribute intended for Matthew, a man who never got the opportunity to get to know his mom. With a growing family of his own, it’s also an opportunity for Matthew’s newborn child, Robin, to one day learn more about her grandmother.

The seller of the journal has agreed to sell the book for the exact amount he paid for it: $9,250. Friends of Matthew's have setup a GoFundMe account to raise the money needed to purchase the journal so that it can be given to Matthew. 100% of all donations raised beyond the price needed to purchase the journal will be donated directly to the City of Hope Robin Anderson Memorial Fund, which supports leukemia research and was created by Stevie Nicks herself in 1982 after Robin’s passing.