Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-01-2015, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Leona Lewis Is Inspired

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/m...album-details/

Since the release of her last album Glass Heart in 2012, Leona wasn’t sure that she was going to continue making music. She credits a chance encounter with Stevie Nicks at a Fleetwood Mac gig as her inspiration record new music.

Talking about the meeting Leona says, “She grabbed hold of me, hugged me and started singing my song to me. She sang ‘Bleeding Love’ and then she was like: “You have to keep going, we need you, we need your music.” She won’t know what a huge impression she made on me and how much she inspired me and inspired this record but she did give me that spur of encouragement. She is awesome. Everyone needs a Stevie in their life.”

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 07-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Seems hugely hypocritical since Stevie has kept Fleetwood Mac out of the studio for a dozen years. But that's how she rolls... she derides young stars for doing drugs, but romanticizes her own epic drug use any time she's interviewed (regardless of the subject at hand), and brags how no one could have stopped her. She talks about how much nicer Lindsey is since marriage and kids, but never passes a chance to badmouth him to the press. She shouts from the rooftops that she's a prolific songwriter, but releases an album full of 35 year old demos. She used to chide people like Brittany Spears for not writing their own songs, yet most of her 21st century tours were riddled with cover songs. She rails about computers and cell phones destroying humanity, but has admitted to owning both... and how google and youtube have come to her rescue. She's spent 40 years shouting from the rooftops she's not a witch, then plays one on TV. I could go on...

Last edited by louielouie2000; 07-01-2015 at 06:01 PM..
Old 07-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Seems hugely hypocritical since Stevie has kept Fleetwood Mac out of the studio for a dozen years. But that's how she rolls... she derides young stars for doing drugs, but romanticizes her own epic drug use any time she's interviewed (regardless of the subject at hand), and brags how no one could have stopped her. She talks about how much nicer Lindsey is since marriage and kids, but never passes a chance to badmouth him to the press. She shouts from the rooftops that she's a prolific songwriter, but releases an album full of 35 year old demos. She used to chide people like Brittany Spears for not writing their own songs, yet most of her 21st century tours were riddled with cover songs. She rails about computers and cell phones destroying humanity, but has admitted to owning both... and how google and youtube have come to her rescue. She's spent 40 years shouting from the rooftops she's not a witch, then plays one on TV. I could go on...
Well, ummm, you do have some points there!
Ricoh
Old 07-02-2015, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
she derides young stars for doing drugs, but romanticizes her own epic drug use any time she's interviewed (regardless of the subject at hand),
The "regardless of the subject at hand" part had me laughing.

Michele
Old 07-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The "regardless of the subject at hand" part had me laughing.

Michele
Yep. Stevie is often like most politicians when she's interviewed...she just plows ahead and gives the answer to the question she WANTED to answer, regardless of the question actually asked. She's got her talking points and she will.not.be.deterred. (talking points to include the word "Lindsey" at least 15 times)
Old 07-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Talking about the meeting Leona says, “She grabbed hold of me, hugged me and started singing my song to me. She sang ‘Bleeding Love’ and then she was like: “You have to keep going, we need you, we need your music.” She won’t know what a huge impression she made on me and how much she inspired me and inspired this record but she did give me that spur of encouragement. She is awesome. Everyone needs a Stevie in their life.”
We really don't. It's insipid, dreary and forgettable elevator music. Bleeding Love was such a fluke. I remember some people were tipping her as the next Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston. Even the UK has lost interest in her.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
We really don't. It's insipid, dreary and forgettable elevator music. Bleeding Love was such a fluke. I remember some people were tipping her as the next Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston. Even the UK has lost interest in her.
I'm afraid us Brits have. Her latest single hasn't done well at all and I'm not holding out much hope for the album either.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

I feel sorry for Leona Lewis...seems like she was promised the moon on a stick. As mentioned before she's never really taken off in the UK, Bleeding Love notwithstanding. It was a very good (textbook) song written by an established songwriter. The press at the time in the UK were X Factor mad so it went massive.

I hate how our press in the UK need an edge, controversy or scandal. Leona Lewis didn't get the press behind her, like a Cheryl Cole-type (not sure of the U.S. equivalent), because she was just a bit too normal and non-controversial. She's got an incredible voice - not my thing but I have to acknowledge her range and tone. I think she'd be better following Nicole Scherz*** and going to the WestEnd/Broadway and showcasing what her voice can do.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Well, ummm, you do have some points there!
Ricoh
And that's exactly why we love her, isn't it?
Old 07-15-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
“You have to keep going, we need you, we need your music.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
I'm afraid us Brits have.
But you have Ed Sheeran.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
But you have Ed Sheeran.
Oh, we don't just have Ed Sheeran! The list is far too long for me to type.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Oh, we don't just have Ed Sheeran! The list is far too long for me to type.
Yes, I meant internationally famous singers for girlies/youngsters' tastes.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is a very astute summary of her contradictory character. She seems to have gotten more outspoken over the years -- freely dispensing odd observations and blunt comments. Some are eccentrically amusing and clever, while others test the limits of logic, reason and intellect.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 07-15-2015 at 08:19 PM..
Old 07-15-2015, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see how saying she's not a witch in real life and then playing one on tv is in the same category.... she was having a little fun with her image and people's perceptions of her on that one (in addition to cashing in on a trend). Now if she had denied being a witch all these years and then showed up at a Wiccan convention or something, it'd be in the same league of contradiction / hypocrisy as the rest.