The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn, David....You've got to be tired! I would be in bed for a week after an excursion like that. My anxiety couldn;t' handle it. I'm so jealous. I wanna go to another show so bad. Glad you had a nice trip!
Old 06-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

David,
Glad to hear you made it to SanBernadodo on time. I met you and Nikki at the Anaheim HOBs. What happened between you and that woman after the show? Was she the woman who complained about people jumping the line? Just curious.

Leaving for San Diego om about a half an hour. I'm taking the Train down. Hope to see Nikki and other Ledgies. They truly are awesome especially Nikki for taking you under her "white wing!" Ledgie fans are the best I've ever run into in my 40 plus years of concert going. Thanks again to Gloria for getting me the stage left position for SA.

As for cameras, both Nikki and Gloria were able to get cameras in without a problem to Anaheim HOBs. They really didn't do a very thorough search of Gloria's bag as far as I could see. So give it a try.

Got to go!

CarolC
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

green greener greenest.

of jealousy.

great trip dude!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
So it was time for another road trip for yours truly. I loved the idea of these 4 shows being right in a row, so I decided to go for it. Flight was 30 min late getting into LAX because of weather issues over the Rockies. Had a few anxious moments there when the turbulence got prety rough. But, made it ok, and got to my Motel in Hollywood at 7:00 P.M. Needless to say, I checked in and hightailed it over to the HOB on Sunset. Decided to walk both ways because #1, I was trying to save money, and #2, I needed it. Got there at 8:00 P.M right as the doors opened, and was actually able to make my way very close up to the stage, probably about 2 rows of people back. The show was fantastic, and yes I had my celebrity feelers up, but I didnt see anyone I recognized at the show. The next day, Niki(BLTFCHLD) picked me up and we got to spend the day together. This woman is truly an angel. There is no way I would have been able to afford this trip if she hadnt helped me out by picking me up and then taking me to the bus station after the show, HOB Anaheim was excellent again, and I was right up at the stage that night. Got to shake Lindsey's hand at the end of Tusk, and had a great time. Then after the show, Niki and I I had to belt out of there because I had to catch an overnight Greyhound bus to Phoenix for the Mesa show the next night. We made it to the San Bernardino bus station with about 15 minutes to spare, and the bus ride was uneventful. Got into Phoenix at about 7 AM and walked the .5 miles to my motel. Thankfully they let me check in early and I was able to get a good 8 hours of sleep. Going to the show, I was able to utilize the Valley Metro bus system so I didnt have to pay exhorbitant fees for a cab. I caught the bus about .5 mils from the motel and it dropped me off right at the Mesa Arts Center. Ok now for the downer . This was BY FAR the MOST Lame crowd Ihave ever seen at a Lindsey show including Baltimore. I knew right away with all the old farts coming in this was gonna be a snoozer of a crowd. The buzz for this show was that during the GYOW solo at the end, Lindsey stepped out in front of his Mic and proceeded to bend over and shake his ass at the crowd. I laughed out loud. Thought it was very funny. He later apologized to the crowd saying "I hope no one was offened by me shaking my ass out there tonight." Saturday found me on another bus bound for Las Vegas. This trip was also smooth and I arrived in Vegas at about 4:15 P.M. Made my way over to the Hard Rock and ate at the resturant. By this time I was pretty tired from all the traveling so I sat back at the rear of the Joint and just took the show in. Made it out to the airport and got on my plane at 1:00 AM and got back home at 6:30. It was a very fast 4 days but a helluva lot of fun!
WOW. I'm exhausted just reading this. Cool stories, David!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypt View Post
WOW. I'm exhausted just reading this. Cool stories, David!
Dude, you only live once
Old 06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
green greener greenest.

of jealousy.

great trip dude!
With loyal ~across the water fans ~ having to wait.~

..they guy has GOT to play Europe!!

Even a month wouldn't kill him. I mean, he can *state hop* why not *country hop*????

T.D.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered

What other people made it to Vegas & California Shows?

Did mylittledemon get his front row Vegas tickets sold???

Did the girl in the cowboy hat show up? (She was in Vegas last time.)
Old 06-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Dee View Post
What other people made it to Vegas & California Shows?

Did mylittledemon get his front row Vegas tickets sold???

Did the girl in the cowboy hat show up? (She was in Vegas last time.)
Yes, Cowgirl hat was there, but security was on her like stink on **** this time. There was a guy right in front of her the whole show, so she couldnt do anything stupid.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Yes, Cowgirl hat was there, but security was on her like stink on **** this time. There was a guy right in front of her the whole show, so she couldnt do anything stupid.
Last time at Vegas - I was so busy watching her, I got distracted and forgot to watch Liddy Buck's set. Can you imagine that?

Was Jessica (his website manager) there with her mom?

Was the place filled????
Old 06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here David but in answer to TeeDee's question Jessica and her mom where in Vegas. I sat next to them last night in San Diego and they said the same thing David did about Cowgirl Hat girl.

CarolC
Old 06-12-2007, 11:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Cowgirl was next to me.......
Security was on her - until - Lindsey got furious and screamed at security
to back off - I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this. I have never seen him
so angry. He mentioned it at the end of the show - thanking the crowd and apologizing if anyone had been manhandled by security.
Cowgirl was much calmer than the last Vegas shows - but she did manage to spill an entire drink on me - arrgghhh.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebop View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this. I have never seen him so angry. He mentioned it at the end of the show - thanking the crowd and apologizing if anyone had been manhandled by security.
David had mentioned this to me but he said that security conducted a spread across the stageline and felt that is what was upsetting to Lindsey. David didn't notice any manhandling and seemed to feel the apology was unnecessary. Did you notice something more?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
David had mentioned this to me but he said that security conducted a spread across the stageline and felt that is what was upsetting to Lindsey. David didn't notice any manhandling and seemed to feel the apology was unnecessary. Did you notice something more?
Well I think Lindsey was more pissed that they were up there because he mentioned that his people had said before the show to let people up to the stage. I was standing next to 3 security people before the show and they were talking about her and to watch her. LOL
Old 06-13-2007, 01:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

They didn't start out standing across the stage but when it came to
the point where people started creeping up the middle aisle to the stage they made their move and blocked the way - and they were pretty aggressive!
I think the problem started during "I'm So Afraid" when cowgirl got into a rather heated debate on accessing the stage - it was very visible!!!
Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebop View Post
They didn't start out standing across the stage but when it came to
the point where people started creeping up the middle aisle to the stage they made their move and blocked the way - and they were pretty aggressive!
I think the problem started during "I'm So Afraid" when cowgirl got into a rather heated debate on accessing the stage - it was very visible!!!
You mean with how hammered she was she actually could talk straight?