User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She said a few things in the Rolling Stone interview that I don't believe and is part of her false reality.
She claims she was the last to discover she was inducted while on stage with Fleetwood Mac. Mick tried to tell her on stage but her ear piece went out and she could not hear him. Yeah ok.
She also claims Def Leppard comes to all the Fleetwood Mac concerts. Anyone ever hear of this?
She's full of you-know-what. Besides being full of herself SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.
That's the only think I can say after reading that rambling interview.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
She's full of you-know-what. Besides being full of herself SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.
That's the only think I can say after reading that rambling interview.
I read the article too fast. She found out supposedly before going on stage. Her surprise was Mick and Christine (fellow bandmates) congratulating her on stage.
That tells you all you need to know about current tensions in the band.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You should see what she said in Rolling Stone. She basically says the it's great that Lindsey's gone because now the other band members can kiss her ass on stage because of her Rock and Roll hall of fame induction. What a monster.

She said she was caught off guard that Mick and Christine acknowledged it, which might not have happened before.

Yeah, what a monster.

How dare her bandmates publicly express happiness for her?
Quote:
That tells you all you need to know about current tensions in the band.

How so?

I saw the video, and they seemed to genuinely be happy for her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=SteveMacD;1246206]

She said she was caught off guard that Mick and Christine acknowledged it, which might not have happened before.

Yeah, what a monster.

What I'm saying is, she orchestrated Lindsey's firing so stuff like this adulation can be unencumbered by Lindsey. She's a monster.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What I'm saying is, she orchestrated Lindsey's firing so stuff like this adulation can be unencumbered by Lindsey. She's a monster.
Or, she simply had had enough of him after a half century…

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-15-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Or, she simply had had enough of him after a half century…
Yes. She and the band didn't handle it well when she did, but this is what happened. Perhaps she did the math at several points along the way, and pulled the trigger when his financial value to her had diminished enough to justify the decision.

As I've said elsewhere, my issue is with the band for carrying on without Lindsey. Had they fired him and changed their name to "The Mac Attack" I would have no issue whatsoever.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She said a few things in the Rolling Stone interview that I don't believe and is part of her false reality.
She claims she was the last to discover she was inducted while on stage with Fleetwood Mac. Mick tried to tell her on stage but her ear piece went out and she could not hear him. Yeah ok.
She also claims Def Leppard comes to all the Fleetwood Mac concerts. Anyone ever hear of this?
The Def Leppard twitter page has a post on 11/26 showing Joe Elliot at a Mac show and it says "catching up" as if this is not the first time hanging out with them. (Though of course this doesn't mean they come to ALL of them)

Last edited by Feather Blade; 12-15-2018 at 10:06 PM..
Old 12-15-2018, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
As I've said elsewhere, my issue is with the band for carrying on without Lindsey. Had they fired him and changed their name to "The Mac Attack" I would have no issue whatsoever.
I have no issue whatsoever with it, since Mick, John, and Christine were all part of the band’s history from the very beginning (remember, Chicken Shack and John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers also played the Windsor Jazz & Blues Festival on August 13, 1967, when Fleetwood Mac made its debut). It’s their band and their story.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-15-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I have no issue whatsoever with it, since Mick, John, and Christine were all part of the band’s history from the very beginning (remember, Chicken Shack and John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers also played the Windsor Jazz & Blues Festival on August 13, 1967, when Fleetwood Mac made its debut). It’s their band and their story.
Well it would have made for an interesting performance if their lead guitarist/songwriter had been ousted and Christine was playing her Chicken Shack set and not theirs. That would be a whole lotta drum and bass to sit through!
Old 12-15-2018, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My view is that they forfeited that right in 1996 when they asked back Lindsey, who should have made his rejoining conditioned on becoming a non-fireable partner.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My view is that they forfeited that right in 1996 when they asked back Lindsey, who should have made his rejoining conditioned on becoming a non-fireable partner.
Yep. They asked him to rejoin. Of course, that was after he got them all to play on his album, which he did solely out of the kindness of his heart, because he proved he was a commercially viable solo artist.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-15-2018, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Well it would have made for an interesting performance if their lead guitarist/songwriter had been ousted and Christine was playing her Chicken Shack set and not theirs. That would be a whole lotta drum and bass to sit through!
Funny thing…Fleetwood Mac had two lead guitar players. I would have been okay if they parted with, say, Jeremy Spencer to bring in Christine Perfect. It’s not like she didn’t play on Peter’s songs anyway.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-15-2018, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, clearly they played it pretty loose as to who owns what given the revelation of oral understandings and whatnot.

I'm not sure I can explain this right, but I think I am kinda with you on the whole 1996-97 "Dance era" change with this band. In my opinion, that whole second life of this band (and of these individuals who ALL were rescued from the bin of obscurity with The Dance)....they began to completely ignore anything from before 1975 (the 1997 setlist was the first one in nearly 30 years without Oh Well being played, and it would stay gone except for the 2009 and current tours)...not just setlists, but even the whole Behind the Music stuff...they basically ignored what came before 1975, and what came after Lindsey left in 1987 and just focused on the Rumours-era 5. Once this was done, I just don't see any way that anyone else beyond these 5 could be in Fleetwood Mac. Christine made the decision to leave. She was not replaced. The Sheryl Crow idea was rightfully ignored.

I find the premise of this "new band" to be a complete joke after what they've put out as what defines Fleetwood Mac for the last 20 years. They're 70. This isn't a new band. It's not a fresh start. It's a bunch of petty BS and makes all their nonsense comments and actions as to what defines who is Fleetwood Mac from The Dance on through MusicCares seem ridiculous.

The fact remains, that particular fivesome has something special when they're together. They knew it in 1997 - all of their careers were rescued and resuscitated. If one of the 5 were missing or refused to partake, they wouldn't be making millions selling out arenas for the last 20 years. Stevie wouldn't be going into the RRHOF. It took all of them together - the appeal of the band is those people.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yeah, clearly they played it pretty loose as to who owns what given the revelation of oral understandings and whatnot.

I'm not sure I can explain this right, but I think I am kinda with you on the whole 1996-97 "Dance era" change with this band. In my opinion, that whole second life of this band (and of these individuals who ALL were rescued from the bin of obscurity with The Dance)....they began to completely ignore anything from before 1975 (the 1997 setlist was the first one in nearly 30 years without Oh Well being played, and it would stay gone except for the 2009 and current tours)...not just setlists, but even the whole Behind the Music stuff...they basically ignored what came before 1975, and what came after Lindsey left in 1987 and just focused on the Rumours-era 5. Once this was done, I just don't see any way that anyone else beyond these 5 could be in Fleetwood Mac. Christine made the decision to leave. She was not replaced. The Sheryl Crow idea was rightfully ignored.

I find the premise of this "new band" to be a complete joke after what they've put out as what defines Fleetwood Mac for the last 20 years. They're 70. This isn't a new band. It's not a fresh start. It's a bunch of petty BS and makes all their nonsense comments and actions as to what defines who is Fleetwood Mac from The Dance on through MusicCares seem ridiculous.

The fact remains, that particular fivesome has something special when they're together. They knew it in 1997 - all of their careers were rescued and resuscitated. If one of the 5 were missing or refused to partake, they wouldn't be making millions selling out arenas for the last 20 years. Stevie wouldn't be going into the RRHOF. It took all of them together - the appeal of the band is those people.
My sentiments exactly, and very well put.

I will add these two cents: Post-reset (1997) Fleetwood Mac does work without Christine. It does not work, however, without Stevie or without Lindsey. It's not a matter of just having two of the three lead vocalists. It has to be Stevie and Lindsey, or Stevie Lindsey and Christine.

Otherwise–given the reset, how long the reset lasted, and the indispensability of Stevie and Lindsey both–they can call themselves what they will, but it ain't Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-16-2018 at 07:56 AM..
Old 12-15-2018, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Funny thing…Fleetwood Mac had two lead guitar players. I would have been okay if they parted with, say, Jeremy Spencer to bring in Christine Perfect. It’s not like she didn’t play on Peter’s songs anyway.
Oh Well. Something tells me it would have been an equally "interesting" performance had it been just M, J and Jeremy, without their bandleader and musical director and leading singer and songwriter and "leadiest" guitarist, Peter.