Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. and now we won't get that.

you can read thousands of threads of conspiracy theories around here. we don't need yet another one.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that if Lindsey was truly available, that he would be sacked just out of spite. I mean they just had a hugely successful Rumours line up tour only three years ago. If everyone was actually on the same page about touring, why not try to emulate the success of 2015 rather than risk jeopardising it with a risky new line up? Doesn't make any sense Elle and you're smarter than that. Sorry to sledge you Elle, but you're just blinded by how much you love Lindsey and Kirsten. They can do no wrong in your eyes.

Last edited by secret love; 05-05-2018 at 07:20 PM..
Old 05-05-2018, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Sorry to sledge you Elle,
Probably really just shouldn't, and as a matter of fact, don't sledge anyone.

Using sorry at the start of your sentence does not validate being allowed your comment. it reeks of ad hominem enough to start with.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let's put it this way, to all the fans boycotting this tour because there is no Lindsey, did you boycott the Say You Will tour, or the Unleashed tour, or the Live 2013 tour, because there was no Christine? She's had more hits than Lindsey and was in the band longer prior to her departure.
What's the difference? Is it different because she retired not got sacked? Or is it different because she wasn't replaced?
If they didn't replace Lindsey and just toured as a foursome with a fill in guitarist and didn't sing Lindsey songs, would you be less angry?
Good lort, you can only see things from your own myopic view.

Good luck with that...
Old 05-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Let's put it this way, to all the fans boycotting this tour because there is no Lindsey, did you boycott the Say You Will tour, or the Unleashed tour, or the Live 2013 tour, because there was no Christine? She's had more hits than Lindsey and was in the band longer prior to her departure.
What's the difference? Is it different because she retired not got sacked? Or is it different because she wasn't replaced?
If they didn't replace Lindsey and just toured as a foursome with a fill in guitarist and didn't sing Lindsey songs, would you be less angry?
Lol yes, there's a big difference between the Christine situation and this.
Christine wanted to leave, they (particularly Lindsey) BEGGED her not to, but she insisted she couldn't do it anymore and gave them her blessing. And while Stevie wanted to bring Sheryl Crow into the band, Lindsey was heavily against it and part of why was because he didn't want her to be a sort of 'replacement' for Christine. Someone posted on here the interview where he talked about it, he wanted Christine's work with the band to be respected so he didn't want Sheryl singing them.
This is just dirty business if you ask me. You don't throw away your guitarist and producer of 40 years, the one who contributed BY FAR the most effort to the band's music over a scheduling issue. What's extra frustrating about this is hearing them talk in interviews as if Lindsey was just any other guitarist, when they and everyone knows he was a lot more than that for the band. And it's very sad considering the fact that Stevie literally DID delay a recent tour by over a year because she was 'obsessed' with her solo project (in Mick's words). There are interviews you can read of Mick crying about it, saying his band is dead because Stevie won't tour. So even if Lindsey had made some request that they delay the tour by a year (which more than once reliable source has confirmed he did not), it's not fair that he gets sacked and replaced like yesterday's laundry for it whereas Stevie is allowed to just come back whenever she wants and the band just goes from there.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He was FIRED! Yes that's why. Even if he left I would have zero interest. Not the same magic.
The fact that they are playing ZERO LB solo on the FM channel shows you just how vindictive they are.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Agreed and I foresee the concert opener of that tour to be just stevie and Lindsey singing Kumbaya. Mick playing light bangos in between stevie and Lindsey
This is hysterical! I needed this. thank you
Old 05-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No.

I'm hugely excited to see Fleetwood Mac with Mike Campbell.
I was crushed when I heard the news -- I don't know anyone else on this planet who's a bigger Buckingham fan than I am; but I'm also a huge music fan in general -- and that's why I've always been drawn to the band. I go for the music.
The manufactured drama and the drug addition stories -- it never interested me.

The songs interest me and they've been under my skin since I was a young teenager, before Tusk came out. The only other band that I thought might be better as a live act is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. So having Mike step in is sort of a fantasy. But I would have rather had him in the band along with Lindsey.

It'll be fun. One of the best things about growing older is you stop micro-managing life. And you stop taking everything so seriously. And you stop making everything about yourself.
The majority of Fleetwood Mac fans are on board with this move. A little shell-shocked, but definitely curious. We have to remember how small a fraction of fans are represented on social media.
And then there are the Tom Petty fans, who seem to be over the moon about this new line up.

The Burnette/Vito years were very bland. Neither of them are great singers, and their playing is pretty paint-by-numbers. Mike Campbell has an amazing sound with muscle to spare. He'll blow the roof of arenas on this tour, and I can't wait.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope! I’m very excited. Already have tickets to one show, will likely go to at least 3, like I did for the last two FM tours.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We're going to get a hear a bunch of Peter Green and Bob Welch era stuff we haven't heard in decades. That's reason enough to be excited in my book...
Unfortunately, I don’t think you’re going to hear a bunch—-maybe two songs, tops. And of those two songs, one will definitely be “Oh Well,” which Lindsey covered for years.

Maybe Hypnotized, maybe Station Man, but probably not both.

Hey, I hope I’m wrong and there are loads of pre ‘74 songs in the set.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Unfortunately, I don’t think you’re going to hear a bunch—-maybe two songs, tops. And of those two songs, one will definitely be “Oh Well,” which Lindsey covered for years.

I think there MIGHT be a little more at first, but I wouldn't be surprised if all of them soon get dropped when they see how probably 80% of the people there don't get hyped or sing along because they don't know the songs and/or use those songs as their bathroom break.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

I'll kiss your ass if they do Hypnotized. #wonthappen
Old 05-06-2018, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
The majority of Fleetwood Mac fans are on board with this move. A little shell-shocked, but definitely curious. We have to remember how small a fraction of fans are represented on social media.
I disagree, 100%. True FM fans know that this scenario is bullsh*t. They're going to drop ticket prices like a hot turd.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

To quote my very casual FM fan brother, "Why bother? It's not Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey. I am so glad I got to take my kids to see the band with all 5".

BTW my nephew is 16 and is very into Tusk and thinks LB's guitar playing is a thing of wonder. He's even learned to travis pick. My niece (20) is a HUGE Stevie fan. Well I'm going to have to fill her in on what she's been up to.
Old 05-06-2018, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I disagree, 100%. True FM fans know that this scenario is bullsh*t. They're going to drop ticket prices like a hot turd.
I hope so. I hope they end their career with a huge embarrassment. They deserve it. I have to remind people that I've only been a SN hater the last couple of years. She has worn on my last nerve the way she has been acting. I used to be her biggest fan, and while I will always love lots of her music, I'm not going to worship her personally anymore. She's become insufferable.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I hope so. I hope they end their career with a huge embarrassment. They deserve it. I have to remind people that I've only been a SN hater the last couple of years. She has worn on my last nerve the way she has been acting. I used to be her biggest fan, and while I will always love lots of her music, I'm not going to worship her personally anymore. She's become insufferable.
I agree completely. This final act is the worst way they could have ever ended their legacy. Whoever IS responsible should die from shame.