User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machu View Post
Most are at least 4 pages long and full of hate. I'd rather not participate in that. Also, it's not like this forum is bursting with activity.
"I want you all to do the work for me"
Old 05-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
"I want you all to do the work for me"
If I were a mod here, I'd merge all these self-important "Here are MY thoughts" threads with the main thread.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machu View Post
Most are at least 4 pages long and full of hate. I'd rather not participate in that. Also, it's not like this forum is bursting with activity.
And you think with the current state of the band, this won't morph into that why?
Old 05-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
If I were a mod here, I'd merge all these self-important "Here are MY thoughts" threads with the main thread.
Good thing you've got your own board.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
it's her 70th bday gift from Mick.
If it's true what they say that this is about Stevie overreacting to Tom Petty's demise, then we can safely conclude that something is emotionally, psychologically, and morally wrong with a 70 year old woman who cannot deal with death. I'd rather think she was just being her vindictive self that she concealed behind all those shawls all these years.
Old 05-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink She's always been passive aggressive. LOL

I just turned 42 the other day. In 2016, I lost my uncle. In 2017, I lost my mom, dad and a long-term relationship (7+ years together) all in the span of 3 months. I've not made any rash decisions and I've been very careful about doing anything "big" because I need to grieve and make sure I'm doing things with a "clear" head.

I'm not famous and I know everyone grieves differently, but good gravy. Go have a Tom Petty Tribute Concert or something, if you need to, to help with the pain. This whole deal...doesn't make ANY sense. I can understand them going on the road with these two guys...for a short tour to make cash. What I cannot understand, is completely dumping the guy who put you on the map.

WUT?
Old 05-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Ledgie

I agree with what the opening poster has said.

Before Stevie & Lindsey even joind

We had;
Peter Green, Danny Kirwin, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, Bob Brunning, Dave Walker, Bob Weston

Then Stevie & Lindsey joined

1987 - Lindsey quit/was fired

I do recall any ' there is no FM without Lindsey' (I may be wrong)

Billy & Rick joined and in my opinion the Tango tour was excellent

After Behind the Mask Tour/record & Time Christine left.
Again i do not recall any of this rubbish 'there is no FM without Christine'

Now we have have another new line up
To me this is interesting, hopefully a much more varied set list.

To all LB fans( this is no slight)

Why do you think there is no Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey?

As far as i am concerned, as long as Mick & John are happy to continue then Fleetwood Mac lives on
Old 05-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
I agree with what the opening poster has said.

Before Stevie & Lindsey even joind

We had;
Peter Green, Danny Kirwin, Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch, Bob Brunning, Dave Walker, Bob Weston

Then Stevie & Lindsey joined

1987 - Lindsey quit/was fired

I do recall any ' there is no FM without Lindsey' (I may be wrong)

Billy & Rick joined and in my opinion the Tango tour was excellent

After Behind the Mask Tour/record & Time Christine left.
Again i do not recall any of this rubbish 'there is no FM without Christine'

Now we have have another new line up
To me this is interesting, hopefully a much more varied set list.

To all LB fans( this is no slight)

Why do you think there is no Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey?

As far as i am concerned, as long as Mick & John are happy to continue then Fleetwood Mac lives on

Fleetwood Mac was a successful band long before Buckingham and Nicks and they made some great music. But...it wasn't in the same ball park as the Rumours-era band. It is the definitive line up.

Lindsey wasn't fired in 1987. He made the decision himself. Thus, the same sort of backlash didn't occur back then (aided by the lack of internet).

In 1987 there was time for a new band to develop. There was always the option to make new music and continue touring as a viable band. Now, they are old. Beyond a long tour there seems little likelihood of them making new music, certainly not as an ongoing, long-term concern.

Many people would consider the Tango tour to be relatively lacklustre (I cant speak from person experience, however).

Lindsey made Fleetwood Mac cool again. Its hard to see the new band as being the same sort of cool.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I'd rather think she was just being her vindictive self that she concealed behind all those shawls all these years.

Old 05-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
If it's true what they say that this is about Stevie overreacting to Tom Petty's demise, then we can safely conclude that something is emotionally, psychologically, and morally wrong with a 70 year old woman who cannot deal with death. I'd rather think she was just being her vindictive self that she concealed behind all those shawls all these years.
I don’t think this has anything to do with Tom’s death. She didn’t even stop touring after his death, when she should have. She’s just being herself. She wanted to have a nice and quiet farewell tour and to do and sing whatever the hell she wants.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes there was NO internet when Lindsey left last time. This time he was fired and they are not used to the backlash. I hope Mick is squirming all day like he looked to be in the TMZ video.
Old 05-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been a fan of the Mac since 1975 and a huge Stevie Nicks fan. I think for me, my feelings changed when Chris came back. I assumed a new album. John had gone thru a health scare and time is ticking for all of them. We've seen a lot of great artists pass in the last few years. Everyone in the group seems on page for a new album, all but Stevie. I was ready for the farewell tour and then Lindsey is out. Then it's not a Farewell tour. Not with Mike and Neil. I am still waiting for Lindsey to tell his side, but I think it's hard to put the blame on one person till we hear from Lindsey. But we have enough social media talk to see that it looks like Mick and Stevie didn't want to work it out with Lindsey, for whatever reason. And it seem like Lindsey wanted it to work out, but Mick and Stevie didn't seem to want too. It is all very odd. This group is exhausting.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

really, why is it so hard for folks to understand that no one is angry that there was a change in the band line up per se, but rather the WAY in which it was handled. i.e., that a band member was apparently booted against their wishes??
Old 05-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
really, why is it so hard for folks to understand that no one is angry that there was a change in the band line up per se, but rather the WAY in which it was handled. i.e., that a band member was apparently booted against their wishes??
Exactly, I can embrace change well, it's the one constant thing in life right? But yes it's the way it was handled, why could Stevie not compromise, suck it up, continue one last time as a legacy act and get on with the show. Why fire the one person who made you the rock diva you are.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I have been a fan of the Mac since 1975 and a huge Stevie Nicks fan. I think for me, my feelings changed when Chris came back. I assumed a new album. John had gone thru a health scare and time is ticking for all of them. We've seen a lot of great artists pass in the last few years. Everyone in the group seems on page for a new album, all but Stevie. I was ready for the farewell tour and then Lindsey is out. Then it's not a Farewell tour. Not with Mike and Neil. I am still waiting for Lindsey to tell his side, but I think it's hard to put the blame on one person till we hear from Lindsey. But we have enough social media talk to see that it looks like Mick and Stevie didn't want to work it out with Lindsey, for whatever reason. And it seem like Lindsey wanted it to work out, but Mick and Stevie didn't seem to want too. It is all very odd. This group is exhausting.

I so agree with so much of what is said here--I've said this before, but I feel the need to say again, so I don't get slammed--I am a fan of FM--the Rumours 5. I wasn't around (or I was but really young) so didn't see the earlier stuff, but have really come to appreciate the iterations of this band before Stevie and Lindsey joined. We (collectively the fans...I don't mean to speak for everyone) were ready for a farewell tour, with the 5 Fireflies. I am in camp Lindsey right now, because of how everything appears to have been handled. Now, I think post OWTS both Lindsey and Mick may have said the 2018 tour wasn't necessarily "farewell" but perhaps John alluded to not being up for another post this tour? I may be wrong here...Stream of concise typing right now. It not that I can't get behind another "FM" formation. I have huge respect for Mike Campbell (I never really got in to Crowded House, but by all accounts, Neil Finn is clearly a talented musician) and will be forever be grateful I saw Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers last summer. Who knew it would be the end.....which brings us back to this situation---I can't get behind this iteration because of the manner with which it happened. While we will likely never know what truly happened, we do know--all 5 had signed for the tour.....Christine and Lindsey said as much in their press for Buck/McVie, and honestly the body language of the band on the CBS interview (my mother always said if someone doesn't look you in the eye...they are lying to you) and Mick's encounter with TMZ are rather indicative that something went down here that isn't on the "up and up". It's unfortunate Mike and Neil are getting dragged into the drama of the most dysfunctional rock and roll family of all. As long as Mick, John, Christine, Stevie and Lindsey aren't pushing up daisies, I will forever hope they can right this and give all of us, (the band as well) a proper farewell. If this tour is really is---I am heartbroken