Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood on Social Media

Fleetwood Mac are facing a huge backlash via social media.
In particular there are so many negative posts on Mick's Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/mickfleetwoodofficial/?hl=en

In particular the picture of him with Christine labelled 'Make new friends, but keep the old; those are silver, these are gold.' had loads of negative responses but most of the seem to have been deleted.
The more recent picture labelled 'Where words fail, music speaks' still has loads of negativity but it looks as if somebody has called him out for deleting loads of negative comments;
The feed here has been changed : how bout you change it back to the most recent first and stop deleting posts? @mickfleetwoodofficial People who have been with the band for year's are posting here and they are being erased and silenced from a Rock band?? Let them have their say in true Rock fashion.

I wonder if the backlash could get that bad that the tour promoters might encourage Mick to reconsider? I don't think it would come to that and even if it did I'm sure Lindsey would not agree to rejoin now anyway.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

I wonder if the backlash could get that bad that the tour promoters might encourage Mick to reconsider? I don't think it would come to that and even if it did I'm sure Lindsey would not agree to rejoin now anyway.
I hope he wouldn't rejoin now.

Let the band DIE with egg on it's face. It's f*cking embarrassing.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope he wouldn't rejoin now.

Let the band DIE with egg on it's face. It's f*cking embarrassing.

No, I wouldn't want him to go back now either. I just like the idea of them going grovelling to him.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I wouldn't want him to go back now either. I just like the idea of them going grovelling to him.
I rather like that one, myself.

"F*ck you bitches, you can kiss my ass! Enjoy your Crowded Campbell Mac."
Old 04-12-2018, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

No way. Contracts are signed and practice has begun.
They were aware of the backlash. I love how they tried to hide the fact he was fired. There was more confusion than backlash in 1987 because Lindsey left them.
Gosh I hope he writes a book. Can you imagine the chapters. The Tango chapter would be riveting.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Junior Ledgie

I left a couple of angry comments there myself! I'm so happy there's so much backlash!
Old 04-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

People are pissed! I read thru some of the comments--it's like a river of molten lava. All I can say is Mick, Stevie and Chris better rehearse their talking points for when an interviewer asks "why was Lindsey fired".
Old 04-12-2018, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
People are pissed! I read thru some of the comments--it's like a river of molten lava. All I can say is Mick, Stevie and Chris better rehearse their talking points for when an interviewer asks "why was Lindsey fired".
I bet Stevie will shed a few tears while saying: "he was always the one who loves me the most"
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I noticed on Mick's restaurant instagram, they had a video of him performing on his rooftop 2 days after the news broke. He was playing GYOW. GO YOUR OWN MUTHA ****ING WAY!!! is he for real. Tone deaf is an understatement, without Lindsey you would have been playing in your restaurant for the last 20 years.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I noticed on Mick's restaurant instagram, they had a video of him performing on his rooftop 2 days after the news broke. He was playing GYOW. GO YOUR OWN MUTHA ****ING WAY!!! is he for real. Tone deaf is an understatement, without Lindsey you would have been playing in your restaurant for the last 20 years.
WTF????????? God is shameless.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
WTF????????? God is shameless.
He is so shameless, so clueless and so out of touch. His next bankruptcy must be looming. Singing that song like NOTHING is going on. What a buffoon. I was so disgusted when I saw it.

I want them to come groveling back to LB in the worst way and I want LB to tell MF to shove a drumstick up his a$$. But my heart is broken at the thought of never seeing this lineup perform together again.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We already knew that Mick is one of the most grasping ,greedy and venal characters in the history of Rock so this latest debacle should come as no big surprise as far as he is concerned .The more shocking player in all of this is Christine. I guess her treatment of Bob Welch should have been a warning but she is coming off as a heartless and greedy old crone.Stevie has not been able to stand Lindsey for over 40 years so her wanting him out is not exactly a revelation nor will it much of surprise if she participates in a new "Fleetwood Mac" album now.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Eh I am willing to give Chris the benefit of the doubt. If it came down to a vote, she could have sided with keeping him and still been outvoted. Whereas Lindsey tired of the same old, Chris has been away and it hasnt had the time to get old for her yet so she likely opted to stay on board.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I read through a lot of them.
People are pissed -- but keep in mind that the Fleetwood Mac fans on instagram make up a tiny fraction of their overall fans.

It'll be interesting to see the reception they get, but I have a hunch that your average concert-going fans just want to show up and drink or get high and listen to the music.

The super-fans (like me) are the music nerds and the loyal fans who follow the band on social media. We're the ones who are going to scrutinize and compare and weigh and measure and speculate.

I might be an unusual kind of fan because I'm a lifelong Fleetwood Mac fan AND a lifelong Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers fan. So I'm left with mixed feelings -- disgusted and disappointed, but open to this new combo of musicians.

It's a weird thing -- sort of like being told Dad isn't going on vacation with us. Instead our favorite uncle is taking his place.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Rehearsals have begun and dates will be forthcoming on 4/23 so it's not going to happen.