The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-09-2021, 03:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And this all leads to the inevitable - the five standing on stage holding hands at some point in the second half of 2022....
Old 09-09-2021, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Her saying she didn't fire him, she fired herself, and if they wanted to go on without her so be it totally confirms the "it's me or him" story. Hilarious that she thinks she's denying it but is totally validating it.
Exactly. You don't have to be trained in statement analysis to see what she is saying is the same thing......its me or him.

What a horrible person Irving is for breaking his oath of not speaking about artists to belittle Lindsey for his protection of Stevie. Good grief.

Love that he is honest in hinting his disappointment in Christine for not sticking up for him and Mick really not wanting to see him go.

It really is $tevie Mac. Money over legacy.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-09-2021 at 05:25 AM..
Old 09-09-2021, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much for sharing this.

It's amazing that Irving says Stevie's account is accurate but Stevie has not shared what the account is. All Stevie says is that she did not have him fired.

What is Lindsey revising? And how did she fire herself? Does that mean the current band is not Fleetwood Mac?

Irving's not a tough guy. If he were, he'd spill everything. He's on Stevie's leash.

Irving and Stevie must think the public is really dumb.

And Stevie saying it's a shame for him to pass judgment... she said at MusiCares that "I don't have anybody. I feel lonely after shows" What a fool.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:46 AM

It's exactly what most of us thought was happening. $he's a money grubbing star who's truly lost her creativity. And quite frankly, is probably on drugs again. (Or her publicist is).
The rest of the band and Irving weren't about to give up millions of dollars for what they knew would probably be the last major tour for this groug. Legacy be damnnnned!!!
I remember being labeled a bad fan for saying all this, but as Christine would say, "But it's true!!!"
Old 09-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

One little lick that Lindsey got in that has not been covered yet is Lindsey throwing the jealousy card at Stevie because he is still able to be mobile and jump around the stage.

OUCH. He went there
Old 09-09-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
One little lick that Lindsey got in that has not been covered yet is Lindsey throwing the jealousy card at Stevie because he is still able to be mobile and jump around the stage.

OUCH. He went there
Yea, that sure was a swipe at her body in an indirect way.
The truth is, she just kind of stands there, tries to dance (but really can't dance) and growls god awful tones into the mic.
Old 09-09-2021, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing is...while some of Lindsey's comments may appear to be low blows, if we're being really honest about things:

1. Christine has apparently (according to Lindsey) already alluded to the fact that she was purely financially motivated to participate in the 2018 tour and didn't want to rock the boat defending Lindsey.

2. Anyone who googles Mick Fleetwood will be very aware of his financial struggles. I'd venture to say Mick would be the first to admit he doesn't have the best financial track record.

3. The comments about Stevie's choices - well, after all of these years it really makes one wonder where does all the resentment come from at this point in time? They cleared the air in 2012/2013 in which Stevie was very proud to tout the story to the press about her hours-long phone call rant to Lindsey Buckingham, which was well-received by Lindsey.

The rest of the band has been able to move on with the exception of her. I'm sure it causes Lindsey to wonder if it's long-term resentment caused by some core differences between him and Stevie.

4. Stevie has publicly acknowledged many times how he is really credited for making Fleetwood Mac shows a really good rock and roll show. Those comments started in 2003/2004 and continued through at least 2009. She's very aware of what he brings to the table. Again, for Lindsey to wonder if this is where the resentment starts to play a role, he's not making far-fetched suggestions.

5. BOTH Mick and Lindsey pleaded with her to participate in the Buckingham McVie project and she still bowed out. Lack of creativity isn't exactly a far-fetched thing to conclude when wondering why she wouldn't participate. It's a valid question to ask. Not to mention the majority of her rebuttals at the time had nothing to do with Lindsey and everything to do with "albums don't make money" or "I'm busy with my project".

Long story short - although his comments are very sharp-cutting on paper, none of it is untruthful or baseless assumptions.

There's a lot of ugliness behind the curtain and he's not sugar-coating it.

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-09-2021 at 08:26 AM..
Old 09-09-2021, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don’t understand why they are still so money grabbing.
They are all well over retirement age and with the amounts they have earned in their careers should be more than comfortable.
They are (maybe Mick excluded) all rich…

So why bother to tour at all ?

Well in Lindsey’s case he still has an artistic need to fill.
But for Stevie it’s an enormous ego.
Old 09-09-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I don’t understand why they are still so money grabbing.
They are all well over retirement age and with the amounts they have earned in their careers should be more than comfortable.
They are (maybe Mick excluded) all rich…

So why bother to tour at all ?

Well in Lindsey’s case he still has an artistic need to fill.
But for Stevie it’s an enormous ego.
Exactly, it's about her EGO. He compares her to Trump and her followers. I think he was saying EGO FOR SURE!!
Old 09-09-2021, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Her saying she didn't fire him, she fired herself, and if they wanted to go on without her so be it totally confirms the "it's me or him" story. Hilarious that she thinks she's denying it but is totally validating it.
Exactly. She is just saying it was him or me, but in a way that makes her look like the good guy. Who does she think she is fooling. I have do doubt that Lindsey can be an Ass, but like he said, there was much more awful stuff over the past 40 some years that he could have been fired for. My theory about his being difficult in the past may have to do with all the drugs and drink. While everyone else wanted to party all night, he actually wanted to work. The music and the making and production of the music was something he was obsessed with. It probably made him look like a mean tyrant to everyone else and yes he did drugs too, but mostly beer and weed. It has had to have been so frustrating to have Christine back and Stevie not want to do a new album. What else could it be but not having new music from her to make. I have really lost my respect for her. I think Lindsey is right that she is jealous and lonely. Some would say he is a misogynist for talking about her lack of husband and children, but she did tell Rolling Stone in '77 that she wanted kids. And he has known and loved her since high school. He really knows her. And know I think we all do too.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-09-2021, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Exactly, it's about her EGO. He compares her to Trump and her followers. I think he was saying EGO FOR SURE!!
Well, and because she doesn't have a life. What the hell else is she supposed to do? Sit home and feel sorry for herself? She gets worshiped for a couple of hours, three times a week, and that gets her through the week....I guess.

Man, that Army life is tough.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sitting in the living room of his Brentwood home, he is uninhibited in conversationhis honesty about his circumstances at turns refreshing and disconcerting. While he’d like to be asked back to the band, he’s well aware that it's probably a pipe dream unless Nicks comes around. "I realize I don’t have a lot of control over that — any control over that..
i had to laugh at this. this interviewer has been very clear on twitter that she's a Nicks fan and will always take her side (maybe she was not happy that is not clear enough in the article?), but even she was surprised how open and honest Lindsey is.

the man has no filter. his publicists (i guess under Azoff thumb at the time) would not let him talk in the past, but in the last 3 years since coming out from under Azoff, he's been his open no filter self. probably too much for his own good, but he really is always talking without any filter, whenever fans are in contact with him.

as far as Azoff, heh - having Azoff talk against you is a badge of honor. he's hated by fans on all social media as is his son who follows in his tracks (Jeff Azoff is managing Harry Styles now and judging by social media fans absolutely hate it what happened to HS since, and despise Jeff Azoff). and really, Azoff should shut up and be happy Lindsey didn't sue his pants of for a breach of contract - he was only LB's manager at the time, not FM's nor SN's, yet he threw his paying clinent under the bus for a bigger paycheck and creating yet another sad chimera band.

as far as "Fleetwood Mac fans" flicking to see fakewood, nope - Stevie Nicks fans, and just general boomer public wanting to see dinosaur bands flocked to fakewood show. Fleetwood Mac actual fans mostly stayed away, disgusted.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2021, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i had to laugh at this.

as far as "Fleetwood Mac fans" flicking to see fakewood, nope - Stevie Nicks fans, and just general boomer public wanting to see dinosaur bands flocked to fakewood show. Fleetwood Mac actual fans mostly stayed away, disgusted.
And I had to laugh at this. It was FM when Lindsey quit the band, it was FM when Stevie quit the band, it was FM when Christine quit the band, and it was FM when Lindsey was fired from the band. Saying it wasn’t is reminiscent of the Trump era. You can repeat it over and over again, doesn’t make it true. Or do you think Trump really won the election, too?
Old 09-09-2021, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
And I had to laugh at this. It was FM when Lindsey quit the band, it was FM when Stevie quit the band, it was FM when Christine quit the band, and it was FM when Lindsey was fired from the band. Saying it wasn’t is reminiscent of the Trump era. You can repeat it over and over again, doesn’t make it true. Or do you think Trump really won the election, too?
She has a point, and I'm not sure what it has to do with Trump. Most of the fans that go ARE Stevie Nicks fans. That's the draw. There's no need to say it over and over again. I think Elle's point is that there becomes of blurred line of what this entity is anymore. I mean I guess you could call it Fleetwood Mac.
Her huge stardom and ego have blurred the lines, in my opinion. Especially, bringing in her own guitarist and controlling the rest of the band. Her comment of NOT BEING THE BOSS is just as laughable as I FIRED MYSELF.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think this is going to get Lindsey and closer to rejoining the band, but I applaud him telling his truth. They really did him wrong back in early 2018, going on CBS and spouting lies. He has no reason to lie, he's gone from the band and has his own solo career. He could have easily said, yea, I'm hard to work with and I give Stevie a hard time, so I should be gone. The truth is hard and ugly. Stevie didn't want to record anymore because she has no new songs. Lindsey even sent her music tracks to put lyrics too and she wouldn't do it. Pride I guess. She wanted the band to behave and play songs she wanted. And It would be hard to see Lindsey still active and mobile on stage when she is not as able to do that anymore. She should have given up the boots long ago and gone with a lower heel and not those awful Frakenbocks. It's all about her image.

I have changed, but you remain ageless