Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Enron Tapes!!!

CBS News played "the tapes that Enron and the government did not want you to hear" (that's what Dan Rather said, folks!) and I almost **** my pants.

They were mocking old women who had to pay out of their asses for their electric bills, said "Burn, baby, burn!" about the CA forest fires, and said that they were supporting Shrub because he would do what they told him when it came to the company. Then they said that they were glad he'll win because then Ken Lay would beocme Energy Secretary.

I'm dying over here.

Last edited by dissention; 06-01-2004 at 05:47 PM..
Old 06-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
CBS News played "the tapes that Enron and the government did not want you to hear" (that's what Dan Rather said, folks!) and I almost **** my pants.

They were mocking old women who had to pay out of their asses for their electric bills, said "Burn, baby, burn!" about the CA forest fires, and said that they were supporting Shrub because he would do what they told him when it came to the company. Then they said that they were glad he'll win because then Ken Lay would beocme Energy Secretary.

I'm dying over here.
Oh my God. Horrifying, evil, souless bastards.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Oh my God. Horrifying, evil, souless bastards.
Exactly. All of it was so cruel and evil. I couldn't beleive what I was hearing.

Old 06-02-2004, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Those Enron people should be convicted and have to do time. I wonder if the gov't ever collected the taxes they owe? They collect mine fast enough..

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 06-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought that Ken Lay and Shrub never met each other, though?

Old 06-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Here we go again, one sided bashing. Please add - Clinton (hey - all of this happened under his watch ) and he and just about every other Democrat and other party politician took money from the scum at Enron and Enron itself. So, if you are gonna lay blame, I say lay it it on all involved.

Here is an interesting site:

http://www.counterpunch.org/donnelly02092004.html

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Here we go again, one sided bashing. Please add - Clinton (hey - all of this happened under his watch ) and he and just about every other Democrat and other party politician took money from the scum at Enron and Enron itself. So, if you are gonna lay blame, I say lay it it on all involved.

Here is an interesting site:

http://www.counterpunch.org/donnelly02092004.html
Here we go again. I point out another freeper lie and you have to defend it by bringing up people who don't even factor into the lie.

Old 06-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here we go again. I point out another freeper lie and you have to defend it by bringing up people who don't even factor into the lie.

Are you saying Enron and its employees never donated to Clinton, Kerry, or any other D politician? I do not think you are saying that. Moreover, what about T. Kerry serving on the same board as Ken Lay. Granted, I am not about guilt by association, but you seem to have no problem asserting it when it comes to W

Again, I am not exonerating W, I am just saying they ALL were bought by Enron. Yet, once again, you assert it only against W and seemingly are willing to forgive everybody else or at least are willing to forgive Clinton and his regime for allowing Enron to commit fraud during their watch while they were on the payroll. I mean yoiu NEVER assert that anyone has any guilt for anything but W and crewe. Everybody else gets a free ride. IMO - they are BOTH horrible people for that IMO - millions of people lost lots of money from that.

And - Clinton most certainly factors into the equation. It happened on his watch. Yet, you can never admit that - or can you

Old 06-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Apparently, Arnold Schawarzenegger met with Kenny Boy & Co back in 2001 at the Peninsula Hotel right before they went down the tubes. Then he settled the suit brought by the state for pennies on the dollar after his election whereas Governor Davis was going after Enron for a 9 billion dollar payback. It should be noted that Governor Davis's recall started after this.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you saying Enron and its employees never donated to Clinton, Kerry, or any other D politician? I do not think you are saying that. Moreover, what about T. Kerry serving on the same board as Ken Lay. Granted, I am not about guilt by association, but you seem to have no problem asserting it when it comes to W

Again, I am not exonerating W, I am just saying they ALL were bought by Enron. Yet, once again, you assert it only against W and seemingly are willing to forgive everybody else or at least are willing to forgive Clinton and his regime for allowing Enron to commit fraud during their watch while they were on the payroll. I mean yoiu NEVER assert that anyone has any guilt for anything but W and crewe. Everybody else gets a free ride. IMO - they are BOTH horrible people for that IMO - millions of people lost lots of money from that.

And - Clinton most certainly factors into the equation. It happened on his watch. Yet, you can never admit that - or can you
The point went so far over your head that it can now be seen hanging from the moon.

What did I say in my post? I said that Bush said he had never met Ken Lay, let alone knew him, and that has been proven to be an ass backwards lie. So, I pointed the lie out. Then you dragged Clinton into it when he had nothing to do with it. No one was talking about people being bought off or any such ****, I simply pointed out another lie from Shrub. But, when all else fails, blame Bubba.

Last edited by dissention; 06-02-2004 at 11:58 AM..
Old 06-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Apparently, Arnold Schawarzenegger met with Kenny Boy & Co back in 2001 at the Peninsula Hotel right before they went down the tubes. Then he settled the suit brought by the state for pennies on the dollar after his election whereas Governor Davis was going after Enron for a 9 billion dollar payback. It should be noted that Governor Davis's recall started after this.
This was the reason for the recall and I'm shocked that the Gubernator wasn't mentioned in any of the tapes. He kisses so much corporate ass that his lips are brown.

Old 06-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Enron imploded under BUSH. Kenny Boy and Georgie were good friends. You can't really say that about Clinton. What has this administration done to help the victims of Enron? Nothing. Has Kenny benn tried? No. Part of the reason alcoholics are able to continue their bad behavior (even into their supposed sobriety) is because certain people around them ENABLE them. They're called ENABLERS. Therein lies the basis for your arguments. I'm sorry but continually saying Clinton did it just doesn't work. We have a huge problem. We need to solve the problem by voting it out this November. You can stomp your feet and say "Clinton did it" all you want. It's not going to cure the festering wound inflicted upon this country by the Supremes in 2000. So please, if you feel it necessary to defend Bush, please do so in the context of his own actions. Otherwise, you're just ENABLING him.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So please, if you feel it necessary to defend Bush, please do so in the context of his own actions.
That's impossible, darling. Everything that happens under Bush's watch is no fault of his own, it's all Clinton. That's the only excuse that's out there for Shrub's incompetence. Even the old lie is still being spread around that a recession occurred under Clinton. They're all ludicrous arguments, so...

Old 06-02-2004, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You poor misguided people

I am not defending Bush. I think he is an a$$. I am merely pointing out that the Enron debacle occured under Clinton's watch and the Clinton DOJ did not catch them as them were supposed to do. In fact, they caught NONE of the largest corporate swindlers that apparently were allowed to run free during that time. I mean Enron imploded at the very beginning of the W Presidency, but the actions causing the implosion all occured under Clinton. To exonerate Clinton during that time period would require exonerating W as the Gov. of Texas during essentially that same time period. Again, so there is no confusion, I think both W and Clinton are to blame for the Enron fraud. NEITHER lifted a finger to stop it. So, once again, a la Iraq, we see Billy Bot and W in bed together in a situation that ruined peoples' lives. Yet, I call them both on it and the crazy liberals exonerate Clinton by looking the other way.

BTW - here is an article showing the Clinton administrations' connections with Enron - Any questions

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...28/12723.shtml

Here is another from a perhaps more reputable source:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...nguage=printer

In the end, whenever I read things like W never met Ken Lay or similar things naming only W, I read that as the same thing as saying W and every R are the worst people in the world and no D would ever do what they do. Perhaps that is not what is meant, but that is the way it comes across, esp. since W is always named alone and no high powered observation is EVER turned on Clinton, who, like W, had a duty to catch the crooks on his watch, or Le Dauphin of the D party, Kerry, who had similar ties. All I am saying is W is a jerk and clearly guilty of what he is accussed, but so are these other people and I think it is fair to point that out. So, if you want to call that "But, when all else fails, blame Bubba" go right ahead

Old 06-02-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's impossible, darling. Everything that happens under Bush's watch is no fault of his own, it's all Clinton. That's the only excuse that's out there for Shrub's incompetence. Even the old lie is still being spread around that a recession occurred under Clinton. They're all ludicrous arguments, so...

AND ANOTHER THING - are you seriously arguing that no downturn in the American economy happened under Clinton's watch or that Clinton's allowing the corp.'s to run free and participate in fraudulant activity for YEARS, which resulted in the loss of trillions of dollars at the tail end of his regime had nothing whatsoever to do with the end of that cycle in the beginning of W's regime. I mean come on. To hear you say it, all was fine and dandy under Clinton until the day he left office and the day W takes office its a hard candy Christmas due solely to W's policies. PUUHHHLLLLLEEEZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEE :rooleyes:

BTW - all credible economic indicators are suggesting the economy is getting stronger under W, a fact the D's currently are ignoring