Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2002, 12:21 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Rhiannon - Slower Version

Could someone tell me if there is a version of Rhiannon that is slowed down?

I love the original version. But then I heard how she sung Rhiannon on "The Dance". But she only sings the first few lines slow, and then it goes onto the normal speed.

Is there a version out there, that stays as slow as the begining of "the dance".....for the entire song?
Old 11-15-2002, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hi there,

You might want to check out the piano version of "Rhiannon," on Stevie's boxed-set, 'Enchanted.'

I prefer the version she performed on VH-1's Storytellers, but that can be a bit hard to find, as it was never officially released on CD.

Johnny Stew
Old 11-15-2002, 02:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew

I prefer the version she performed on VH-1's Storytellers, but that can be a bit hard to find, as it was never officially released on CD.

I have that version somewhere... I'll try to dig it up for you!

Kate
Old 11-15-2002, 03:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

Found it! You can e-amil me and I'll send it to you...

silversprings101@sympatico.ca

Kate
Old 11-19-2002, 11:03 PM
Junior Ledgie

This is a little off the subject, but instead of starting a new thread I thought it kinda ties into this one...

What do you think the likelihood is that FM will resurrect the old live Rhiannon? Do you think Stevie could still do it? It seems like if she wanted to do the "exorcism" (as Mick has called it) she would have done it for the Dance. Plus, I think Stevie has said that Rhiannon is something "different" now, which suggests that she does not want to perform it like she used to.

I think it was a 1994 House of Blues performance that seems like her most recent rockin' Rhiannon. Ever since then she has really mellowed it out. Don't get me wrong...it is still a great performance slowed down, but for me words cannot express how great her 70s and early 80s live performances were. I swear I will faint at the concert if they do go back to the early days of Rhiannon.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:41 AM
joe

you're right...this could be posted as a new thread and it most likely has been the topic in the recent past. It would be great to hear her go off like she used to but i really doubt that the quality of her voice would support that these days. She did a "brief" version of the old ending on the Dance tour (not the tv special) and her solo tours during the last few lines "...take me with you to the skyyyyyyyy....dream on.....dreamer" and that was about it....but it sounded like she was screaching at times almost like her voice was too thin at those octaves. However, i do feel that there is a way she could do it with just a bit more energy.

Then again, i respect the fact that she's probably moved on from the old days of her "exorcisms".
Old 11-20-2002, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's one thing Stevie did during the TISL tour that made me enjoy the fact that I was listening to Rhiannon for probably the 1000th time. After the first set of "Rhiaaaaaaannon"s and after the second verse, she goes "Say would you even try....ooh, I DON'T THINK YOU DO!" and turned sharply away from the microphone. I just loved that for some reason, and I sing it to any version of Rhiannon now, no matter what version it is. Just wanted to add that.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
There's one thing Stevie did during the TISL tour that made me enjoy the fact that I was listening to Rhiannon for probably the 1000th time. After the first set of "Rhiaaaaaaannon"s and after the second verse, she goes "Say would you even try....ooh, I DON'T THINK YOU DO!" and turned sharply away from the microphone. I just loved that for some reason, and I sing it to any version of Rhiannon now, no matter what version it is. Just wanted to add that.

Which show was this from????
Old 11-21-2002, 08:58 AM
joe

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer386
I believe she did this on the AZ Heart Benefit in 2000 and then she did do it on the show or shows i saw on the TISL tour. I liked it too.

And, i also like it when she sings the chorus unlike years past where she got lazy and just waltzed around the stage or basically while the others were singing "rhiaaaaaaaaanon" Stevie would sing "ooh she said..." right after. Never really cared for that.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which show was this from????
I saw it on the Pittsburgh TISL show. As joe pointed out, I guess she started the "I don't think you do!" at the AZ Benefit, and I know it continued through the TISL tour because she normally doesn't change too much, and after the tour she did the Recording Artists' show, which was featured at sararhiannon.com on audio. I downloaded the songs and she did it again on Rhiannon. Now I don't know if she always turned sharply from the mic when she said "I don't think you do!" but I'm assuming she's done it at every show since Pittsburgh (or AZ Benefit for the matter).