User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie told Perez that she loves LB's new album because he took some serious melody pills and lyric pills.

Oooh weee. Listen to me. I actually don't think Lindsey needed any lyric pills. In fact, although I love the songs we've heard, I think his lyrics were more complex on past albums (save for the obvious DYMM exception) than on the 6 SWS songs.

Michele
I thought it was funny she mentioned the melody pills when Lindsey made the comment during the ASCAP expo how the music industry has discovered they can't survive without melody. It must be a hotbed of discussion right now.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammie View Post
The car wreck we were in left me with
some impairment and a slight stroke! I only tell you this because all I wanted was to get to my computer and check on darling Lindsey!!!
So thanks to the fans who print articles & photos!
Cammie, I'm so sorry to hear that news. I hope you are doing as well as possible! I'm glad that you are here at The Ledge. I always enjoy your posts.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I thought it was funny she mentioned the melody pills when Lindsey made the comment during the ASCAP expo how the music industry has discovered they can't survive without melody. It must be a hotbed of discussion right now.
Yes, they are all pushing back against rap, hip hop and the death of real music.

I think melody is important and, looking back, that is probably why it took me almost 2 years to warm up to TISL, because it lacked melody to me. However, once I fell for it, it was as if my eyes had finally been opened.

But Lindsey has always been able to bring that when he wants. There's a reason why the crowd always loves I Know I'm Not Wrong, even though must of them have never heard it before.

Plus, Lindsey did not just contribute to his own songs all those years. There are some FM songs that may not have been written by him, but are infectious because of him, at least partly.

But her lyric/melody comment made me think she didn't like UTS or GOS and that makes me a little sad. I thought she would. I don't expect her to like Go Insane or Law and Order, but I thought she would have liked the last ones more.

Michele
Old 05-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
A tweet:

@EagleSacramento 96.9 The Eagle
Lindsey Buckingham says that he and Stevie Nicks have turned a corner. "Closer than we've been in 30 years."

I'm getting interesting Buckingham Nicks vibes in these recent press appearances. But does anyone know from what interview this came?
Add-on:

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM: He and Stevie "Still a Work in Progress"

Even 35 years after Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, the wounds of that period aren't completely healed. Lindsey Buckingham admits that he and Stevie Nicks "are still a work in progress." He says, "We broke up and we never really got closure, and it was very difficult for me to produce her."

But they both feel they've turned a corner with the duet "Soldier's Angel," off her In Your Dreams album, released yesterday. Buckingham says, "You don't want things to end in any other than a positive and unified way. So I was quite happy to see that come about." And Stevie agrees, saying, "I think that song really brought Lindsey and I back together. He said to me..., 'I feel like we're closer than we've been in 30 years.'"

Could this lead to another Buckingham-Nicks album? Eight years ago, Buckingham said he'd be up for it, and Stevie now says, "Maybe Lindsey and I will go off and rent a house in Wales and do a Buckingham-Nicks album. I have no idea, but I do know the music will continue."

Read more: http://www.kkrw.com/pages/fixx.html#ixzz1MrBLwMVB
Old 05-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Excellent. Maybe the next Mac album will have a song called "Welsh Summer." lol

Seriously, how awesome and poetic would a BN 2 be??

Old 05-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember when he called the band a "work in progress" and talked about wanting to end things well, as friends.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...10301/-1/RSS03

Yes, Lindsey, if I were you, I'd like to end things on a good, warm and high note with all 4 of them.

Michele
Old 01-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie was saying the women in her family live forever. I can see she plans to smoke past Lindsey and intends to be the last survivor, sitting on that bed alone.

Michele
Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie was saying the women in her family live forever. I can see she plans to smoke past Lindsey and intends to be the last survivor, sitting on that bed alone.

Michele
Let's hope it's "smoking" past him in only the metaphoric sense. I would love for her to stop smoking for real though.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
That's funny -- but sad too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Let's hope it's "smoking" past him in only the metaphoric sense. I would love for her to stop smoking for real though.
And, hello, since her mom had "such bad emphysema"!! Now, cut THAT out!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, it's a very good thing that she's aware her mother's life was cut short because of smoking (although 84 is a good age, it could have been more). So, that's got to be a wake up call for her.

Michele
Old 01-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How much of a smoker is she? I'm somewhat aware that she's had periods of time when she smoked cigarettes, but I've never thought of her as a heavy smoker. But I see her and Lindsey as casual stoners.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
How much of a smoker is she? I'm somewhat aware that she's had periods of time when she smoked cigarettes, but I've never thought of her as a heavy smoker. But I see her and Lindsey as casual stoners.
well, your lungs don't distinguish between tobacco, pot, or anything else.... any kind of smoke is an irritant and causes inflammation and all the bad stuff that goes with..
Old 01-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, if Barbara Nicks smoked for 70 years she must have started at the age of 14 and she must not have stopped even after she and her husband were treated for heart problems. That's quite an addiction. I remember her making a statement after AHI about how important raising money for research is. Lindsey was standing behind her and she referenced his father's heart disease. I didn't know Mrs. Nicks was still smoking like a chimney at that late point.

Michele
Old 01-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well, your lungs don't distinguish between tobacco, pot, or anything else.... any kind of smoke is an irritant and causes inflammation and all the bad stuff that goes with..
actually there has been some surprising research results recently that maybe they do. not sure how reproducible and credible the study was, and they just speculated as to why that would be the case, but there is a possibility that pot smoking may not be as bad for your lungs as tobacco smoking.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
So, if Barbara Nicks smoked for 70 years she must have started at the age of 14 and she must not have stopped even after she and her husband were treated for heart problems.
You'd be surprised at just how stubborn people of the older generation can be. My Nanna had COPD and she chain smoked herself right into the grave.