User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I believe Lindsey played Johnny Stew at the Cleveland UTS show (by request)- the guy probably went to that show too.
I see another member of the Kingston Trio, Nick Reynolds, has died.

Michele
Old 10-03-2008, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Nope Christy (Wondergirl) and David (DavidMN) were there too but they're still "on the road" with him for another show or two.

I'm sure they will be back with MANY pics and stories...

I was there, too

I don't think the girls took many pics. I have dozens.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:29 AM
BTFLCHLD
This message has been deleted by BTFLCHLD.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I believe Lindsey played Johnny Stew at the Cleveland UTS show (by request)- the guy probably went to that show too.
yeah, part of it... and he said "next tour" THAT time too...time will tell if we hear it
Old 10-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart69 View Post
yeah, part of it... and he said "next tour" THAT time too...time will tell if we hear it
Well, "next tour" was next year the first time, so lets hope that there's a new tour next year, even if he doesn't play Johnny Stew!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was there, absolutely loved the show. The best part by far was when he played the little snippet of Johnny Stew (Neale had the low growly "Stewww, Stewwwwww" down pat!!) And immediately afterwards everyone starting shouting up requests and Lindsey said something like, "oh no, look what we started"

I was right in front of Neale, so I watched him more than I ever have, and he's quite the character! Making faces at Brett during the GYOW solo, intimating Linds during his "Gift of Screws speech"

Lindsey actually played a few solos directly above me, wonder of wonders, it was damn amazing. Yes, he did drip sweat all over me, which was pretty funny. Eric pretended to lick it off (nice boy that he is). But my parents came along to the show as well, and despite thinking I was insane for making them get there ridiculously early, they LOVED standing right up at the stage. Every time someone new witnesses this concert, they fall in love. It's really fun converting fans

Last edited by Maccafan5000; 10-03-2008 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: I can't spell and am somewhat grammatically challenged
Old 10-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccafan5000 View Post
I was there, absolutely loved the show. The best part by far was when he played the little snippet of Johnny Stew (Neale had the low growly "Stewww, Stewwwwww" down pat!!) And immediately afterwards everyone starting shouting up requests and Lindsey said something like, "oh no, look what we started"

I was right in front of Neale, so I watched him more than I ever have, and he's quite the character! Making faces at Brett during the GYOW solo, intimating Linds during his "Gift of Screws speech"

Lindsey actually played a few solos directly above me, wonder of wonders, it was damn amazing. Yes, he did drip sweat all over me, which was pretty funny. Eric pretended to lick it off (nice boy that he is). But my parents came along to the show as well, and despite thinking I was insane for making them get there ridiculously early, they LOVED standing right up at the stage. Every time someone new witnesses this concert, they fall in love. It's really fun converting fans
He said "oh, no I just opened the flood-gates." After the crowd got quieter I yelled "The Right Place To Fade."
Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
He said "oh, no I just opened the flood-gates." After the crowd got quieter I yelled "The Right Place To Fade."

Hahaha, that's what it was. Good call on that one, I didn't yell anything because I kept hearing others voice my request. And I think I heard yours
Old 10-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccafan5000 View Post
Hahaha, that's what it was. Good call on that one, I didn't yell anything because I kept hearing others voice my request. And I think I heard yours
I couldn't decide whether to yell Twist of Fate or The Right Place to Fade.

I can blame this concert for my new-found appriciation of LRD and Great Day. They were both in the middle of the pack when I first heard them, but they sailed up after hearing them live. Great Day was just amazing, I can't get over it! This is a show that I won't forget anytime soon!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He played it....also known as Second Hand News
Old 10-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
He played it....also known as Second Hand News
I'm sorry, I don't get it.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't get it.
The songs sound exactly the same.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
The songs sound exactly the same.
Hardly.

Edge/Bring On The Night is far more obvious.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was at the Cleveland show and it was incredible. Just amazing. I have to say, this tour is so much more energized, rocking, and fun overall than UTS for me. Lindsey was in a super mood and seemed really comfortable in the setting. The Cleveland crowd ROCKED. And I have to say, being from here, our crowds often do. I guess it has something to do with retained energy, who knows? But we were loud and madly in love with it all- and Lindsey was feeling the love. He even mentioned that a few times.

Ok, so he came over to the side I was on and my mother's friend and I were "teased" by him with his guitar, and then he just kinda shoved it in our face and we got to grab his hand while he played. No biggie, but he gave me a wink. I think he recognized me, cuz, you know...I met him before and kinda went to, like, 6 of his concerts last tour.

Anyway, the setlist was fabulous. I got some pics, kinda blurry, and some video, kinda noisy. I may post it, but I am FAR more impressed with my photography/video skills from the Milwaukee show (which was just as awesome, but the crowd much less so). I think I'll post those first...

Met a few people from here. Shout out to all of you beautiful people for representing for LB. It's been so fun. I'm a workaholic and this kind of excursion is necessary from time to time. And it's just amazing to see him!!! Lindsey. Buckingham. Rocks.

One more show and that's a rap!

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I may post it, but I am FAR more impressed with my photography/video skills from the Milwaukee show (which was just as awesome, but the crowd much less so). I think I'll post those first...

Met a few people from here. Shout out to all of you beautiful people for representing for LB. It's been so fun. I'm a workaholic and this kind of excursion is necessary from time to time. And it's just amazing to see him!!! Lindsey. Buckingham. Rocks.

One more show and that's a rap!
It sounds like you had a blast. It's amazing how different shows with the same setlist can be, depending on the audience enthusiasm and energy. There can be an entirely different mood. Glad your home town crowd came through for LB.

Michele
Old 10-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

It was cool to meet you Nico! Cleveland was a really great show.