Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default 1 year ago...

Well, not a year ago exactly (it was a year ago and 6 days), but just a year ago Bob Welch left this world.
I really don't know why, but I got lost in time and I thought it was later. Yesterday I was thinking about Bare Trees, and I remembered that.
Sorry Bob, you will always be remembered, for your work, your songs, your legacy. I was really surprised that June 7th when I read the news on the web. It's still so sad.
R.I.P Bob Welch!!

Old 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Moon, I was thinking it was later in June, also.

When I found out the news about Bob, I was just speechless and shocked.

Not long ago, I was in Big Lots and they were playing 'Sentimental Lady'. It took all I had to not start crying when I heard it.

There are just not enough words to express how Bob Welch's music has added so much to my life. It is unbelievably sad that he is gone.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Right after Bob passed, I was sitting down on my bed with my guitar playing some of his songs. And, it was a little odd that some of them I had been playing for a long time, but some parts & riffs I just could never get to sound right. All of a sudden, my mind just sort of drifted and I proceeded to play almost ANY of his songs just right. I had this eerie feeling that Bob was in the room with me, guiding my fingers where they should go...the eerie-ness didn't last long and I felt comforted by the thought that he might've been giving me a guitar lesson from another plane of existence. Thank you, Bob, for all the music you inspired me to listen to, to play, to enjoy...and also for the guitar lesson.

PS: but, I'm going to miss that there won't be new music coming from you in this lifetime.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

There'd have not been a Fleetwood Mac after 1973 but for Bob I don't think.

There was a musician friend in the U.S. who did the same thing facing another back surgery, Christmas Eve 2000. It was quite a shock to everyone. Pain changes the actual structure of the brain, after awhile permanently. A few people blamed him for what he did but it was just tragic and that's all. The music lives on, and everything good that ever was will always have been.

The one year anniversary of my fiancee losing a fight to cancer (Jan. 13, 2006) felt almost as devastating as the night he stopped breathing next to me in the hospital. Later I felt glad of the time we had together though. It's a steep price, but what's that song about love healing the wound it makes? Hugs to you Wendy!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I can't believe it's been a year already! I'll have to put on some Bob tunes this weekend to celebrate his life. I still wish the current incarnation of Fleetwood Mac would have made some gesture to honor him this past year, but I will just have to accept that's not going to happen.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

Miss you, Bob.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I still wish the current incarnation of Fleetwood Mac would have made some gesture to honor him this past year, but I will just have to accept that's not going to happen.
Yes. Given his positive relationship with Lindsey and especially Stevie, who now make up 50% of the band, it seems really odd that they haven't said much at least independently. I guess we can only wonder.

Sometimes I wish I could go to the parallel universe where the Welch/McVie/Kirwan songwriters lineup endured for at least a few more albums. Those three were magic together, and I always feel like I never heard enough of Bob's work, even with his solo records.

Still missed.