User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2018, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm not aware of any law that says an album cant be labelled as being by a particular band if one particular member doesn't want to appear on it.

No, the reason it wasn't labelled as Fleetwood Mac is because they'd need to perform live shows to promote the album and that would have caused problems without having Stevie. They'd already signed up for a tour with all 5 band members and the promoters for the forthcoming tour wouldn't have taken kindly to a Fleetwood Mac tour without SN. Furthermore they'd have faced problems from ticket buyers expecting to see SN only to find her absent.
it's not a law, but it can well be part of the terms of a contract that people had signed.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhfs0bhA...en-by=kbchrush

As visitor to the Penguin back to the days of Marty and Lisa in the Mid 1990's, I have experienced many highs and lows with this band, but this is by far the deepest sadness I have ever felt regarding any Fleetwood Mac happening.

It is now clear as evidenced by Lindsey's family's social media musings that this was not Lindsey wanting out. For all his personal failings in the 70s and 80s, he has essentially lived his life over the last 20 plus years as a person devoted to his family and the musical output of this band. He has led it musically, as its most consistent spokesperson and stage presence since 1997, and the band probably would not have had this 20 year second act if it was not for his vision and persistence.

I suspect the Washington Post article was a "friend of FM mgmt" piece to fire a shot across Lindsey's bow that in this "me too" era we will drag up every piece of the past we can, factual or not, relevant or reformed, to embarrass you and your family if you do not play nice.

It is sad that this how it will end for FM & Lindsey. Don't fool yourself, the tour will do just fine. The guys they brought in are talented, the draw is the name of the band and Stevie. Doesn't mean it is right or that I will attend. If I did, I would pay for a front row seat and stand with my back to the stage for the duration.

In all reality this tour will be the end of the band, so its final snap shot in what is for sure the last decade of some of the members' lives, will be this separation that will permanently darken the legacy and innovation of what was the collective musical greatness of these five people.
well said. And I agree about the WaPo piece. Damage control.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bhfs0bhA...en-by=kbchrush

As visitor to the Penguin back to the days of Marty and Lisa in the Mid 1990's, I have experienced many highs and lows with this band, but this is by far the deepest sadness I have ever felt regarding any Fleetwood Mac happening.

It is now clear as evidenced by Lindsey's family's social media musings that this was not Lindsey wanting out.
None of those accounts are verified and there are A LOT of parody accounts out there.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
None of those accounts are verified and there are A LOT of parody accounts out there.

The Instagram accounts for Lindsey's wife and daughter are obviously, irrefutably, 100% without a doubt genuine.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-13-2018, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The Instagram accounts for Lindsey's wife and daughter are obviously, irrefutably, 100% without a doubt genuine.
NOT VERIFIED.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
NOT VERIFIED.
Again, they're not celebrities. They're normal people so they don't get verified accounts. I follow Lindsey's daughter, her account is private and it's 100% real, as she posts almost entirely pictures of herself and her friends like any other girl her age. Kristens account is mostly for her furniture but she has also posted personal pictures. Both accounts are real.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Again, they're not celebrities. They're normal people so they don't get verified accounts. I follow Lindsey's daughter, her account is private and it's 100% real, as she posts almost entirely pictures of herself and her friends like any other girl her age. Kristens account is mostly for her furniture but she has also posted personal pictures. Both accounts are real.
It's not worth it... gldstwmn is clearly just a troll and being needlessly argumentative. No one else is questioning the veracity of those accounts.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
NOT VERIFIED.
Since when do the family members of celebrities get verified account? NOT NECESSARY TO BE VERIFIED.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Since when do the family members of celebrities get verified account? NOT NECESSARY TO BE VERIFIED.
If you want to spew it as fact then yeah it needs to be verified. Lindsey's wife's account links back to a website/brand so she could easily be verified. These accounts can be anyone.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you want to spew it as fact then yeah it needs to be verified. Lindsey's wife's account links back to a website/brand so she could easily be verified. These accounts can be anyone.

The fact you are being so vociferous is making me feel quite embarrassed on your behalf.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-13-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly how would 'anyone' get a video like this: https://instagram.com/p/BKoKngrDHsl/

Or pictures like these:
https://instagram.com/p/BHqmJDojuSc/
https://instagram.com/p/BQiZr6VDEhB/
Old 04-13-2018, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen on The Ledge this week. She’s his wife, she can say whatever she wants to say in support of her husband. She doesn’t need to have a verified account to share her feelings. Good grief. That you think some sort of tinfoil hat conspiracy is going on is just ridiculous.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:55 PM
Registered

Some people simply cannot accept the fact that there are actually people on Earth who like, admire, and love Lindsey sincerely, and that he is not simply the ogre the icon and her worshipers find it convenient to think him to be.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
It's not worth it... gldstwmn is clearly just a troll and being needlessly argumentative. No one else is questioning the veracity of those accounts.
That's because people have bought into the misogynistic led group think of this Ledge, this Rumours forum who have bought into the objectification and vilification of Stevie for so long that some of her long time followers have begun to wonder if it might be true. And when someone dares question these narcissistic abusers who spew this crap then they too are marginalized and vilified using those very same tactics (Crazy! Slut! Troll!). There are plenty who feel that way about Stevie's treatment on this board but would rather leave than deal with it. I don't blame them.
Believe me sweetheart I am quite real. Wanna step outside? Can't handle it? Put me on ignore.
Old 04-13-2018, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
The fact you are being so vociferous is making me feel quite embarrassed on your behalf.
No need. I have been a fan for a very long time and I have finally come to see what many here have buried their head in the sand about for so long. Lindsey is an a$$hole and Fleetwood Mac are tired of him. Save your embarrassment for yourself.