User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
They will never record a new album. Next year will be the farewell tour; Lindsey will continue his solo efforts (and who knows - there's perhaps a small chance of more BuckVie); Stevie will tour until she's in a wheelchair; Mick will try to think of new ways to make a buck; and John will retire. The end.
And Christine will be by Lindsey's side. They're happy with BuckVie. Very happy. I think FM doesn't do the trick for them anymore.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
And Christine will be by Lindsey's side. They're happy with BuckVie. Very happy. I think FM doesn't do the trick for them anymore.
definitely looks like it!

unfortunately, the time is not on their side. and Fleetwood Mac tour smacked right in the middle of their creative period is not helping one bit. i wish the FM tour is fragmented into little pieces in between which they can all do what they actually really want to do - kinda like this year's activities, with different band members and combinations doing what they love, and then coming together as FM here and there for people who want to see the whole band.

instead, we will probably have a massive mammoth 2 year FM tour going throughout 2018-19.

many other bands alternate between touring solo, and with different bands and combinations - so considering how little time they have left, that should definitely be something FM should consider. 2014-15 OWTS tour really threw a wrench into many individual (and together!) band members' creative and touring efforts for basically 3 years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
definitely looks like it!

unfortunately, the time is not on their side. and Fleetwood Mac tour smacked right in the middle of their creative period is not helping one bit. i wish the FM tour is fragmented into little pieces in between which they can all do what they actually really want to do - kinda like this year's activities, with different band members and combinations doing what they love, and then coming together as FM here and there for people who want to see the whole band.

instead, we will probably have a massive mammoth 2 year FM tour going throughout 2018-19.

many other bands alternate between touring solo, and with different bands and combinations - so considering how little time they have left, that should definitely be something FM should consider. 2014-15 OWTS tour really threw a wrench into many individual (and together!) band members' creative and touring efforts for basically 3 years.
That would make a lot of people happy, starting by some members of the band. Time is not on their side, I agree, so they should make a decision quick.

Maybe the tension in the air during the Classics had something to do with that. Maybe Lindsey is trying to negotiate some solo time between the FM tour, and he's getting nowhere. I really hope he's gonna try because that would work for many of us.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-02-2017, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
They will never record a new album. Next year will be the farewell tour; Lindsey will continue his solo efforts (and who knows - there's perhaps a small chance of more BuckVie); Stevie will tour until she's in a wheelchair; Mick will try to think of new ways to make a buck; and John will retire. The end.
Yep. This is it.

Although I hope Ana is right, and we might get more BuckVie. I'd actually prefer that at this point. Because "THE STAR" can't be bothered. I wish they'd kick her ass to the curb. INGRATE!
Old 08-02-2017, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think there will be another Buckingham McVie album. I just don't think it'll happen, I believe it was a one-time thing.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:56 AM

I think they will do a new album. It looks like Stevie and Lindsey have hit rock bottom in despising each other. Only one way to go but up.

That's my theory.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not factually correct either. EP came out before Christine returned.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yep. This is it.

Although I hope Ana is right, and we might get more BuckVie. I'd actually prefer that at this point. Because "THE STAR" can't be bothered. I wish they'd kick her ass to the curb. INGRATE!

BuckVie's modest success was something I think Lindsey wasn't expecting. And he can't be more happier to have a chance outside FM.

Her attitude towards BuckVie and towards the two Classic concerts was sooo different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think they will do a new album. It looks like Stevie and Lindsey have hit rock bottom in despising each other. Only one way to go but up.

That's my theory.
I agree. Maybe we will get a new BuckVie album instead of a solo work, although it's a bit earlier for a second BuckVie album.

I also sensed the hate last Sunday. I don't want to sound soap-operish but his main problem was HER. I can't believe how some fans don't find it odd that they didn't even stand next to each other for the bows. Every movement on stage is carefully planned and they decided to spontaneously change the bows? No, something's going on and BuckVie is involved.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

BuckVie's modest success was something I think Lindsey wasn't expecting. And he can't be more happier to have a chance outside FM.

Her attitude towards BuckVie and towards the two Classic concerts was sooo different!

I agree. Maybe we will get a new BuckVie album instead of a solo work, although it's a bit earlier for a second BuckVie album.
With Lindsey especially, you can clearly see how much more he enjoys BuckVie. They're both relaxed, and clearly loving it being up there together. A complete contrast to when they're up there with OGB.

It is too early, but maybe another short tour would scratch my itch!
Old 08-02-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't think there will be another Buckingham McVie album. I just don't think it'll happen, I believe it was a one-time thing.
I think it doubled their power and they actually both got there name out there.
It helps that Christine has 2 hits per 1 of the other members.

Example,
SYLM OMHead >>> Rhiannon
YMLV, Don't Stop >>> GYOW Dreams
Little Lies/Everywhere >>>> Seven Wonders Big Love

I think they were a bit surprised by how well it came out. So, here's hoping.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I also sensed the hate last Sunday. I don't want to sound soap-operish but his main problem was HER. I can't believe how some fans don't find it odd that they didn't even stand next to each other for the bows. Every movement on stage is carefully planned and they decided to spontaneously change the bows? No, something's going on and BuckVie is involved.
My guess (and I have no idea what I'm talking about) is that the camel's back is broken by Stevie's refusal to do a Mac album.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
My guess (and I have no idea what I'm talking about) is that the camel's back is broken by Stevie's refusal to do a Mac album.
Same here. Only a guess.. but by the looks on his face... he's done with her and her big bag of bs.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
With Lindsey especially, you can clearly see how much more he enjoys BuckVie. They're both relaxed, and clearly loving it being up there together. A complete contrast to when they're up there with OGB.

It is too early, but maybe another short tour would scratch my itch!
Here's hoping for a UK or an European tour. I'll have to pack and hit the road again!

I love seeing them so happy!
Old 08-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think it doubled their power and they actually both got there name out there.
It helps that Christine has 2 hits per 1 of the other members.

Example,
SYLM OMHead >>> Rhiannon
YMLV, Don't Stop >>> GYOW Dreams
Little Lies/Everywhere >>>> Seven Wonders Big Love

I think they were a bit surprised by how well it came out. So, here's hoping.
You see their expressions when people don't stop cheering them at every concert. They clearly weren't expecting this positive reaction.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
He threw some daggers at her direction by some comments he made on the Classic East.

I saw her trying to reach to him many times. And he was having none of it. He wasn't disrespectful to her or anything but he tried to stay away from her. I think that's why she said: "We talk sometimes" when she kept talking and talking to him after Landslide and before Glenn Frey's dedication.