User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Juan called yesterday and said he wants to come over tonight! It will be date #7. I'll let you know how it goes...
Does anybody really know what time it is?
Does anybody really care?
At the TONE, the TIME will be . . .
Six . . . TWENTY . . . and THIRTY seconds.

At the TONE, the TIME will be . . .
Six . . . TWENTY . . . and THIRTY-FOUR SECONDS...
Old 11-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I should have finished my degree!!! Maybe I'll go back, and become a librarian....jtis
Old 11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

My roommate doesn't clean. EVER.
She doesn't do her dishes, she doesn't clean the bathroom, she doesn't pick up the living room. I tried to talk to her yesterday, I told her that we had fruit flies (she didn't notice?) and that it would be better if "we" didn't leave dirty dishes around. I also told her that I saw a mouse. ( I didn't really) I just did her dishes again. I don't remember the last time I've seen her do dishes. Or take out the garbage. It drives me crazy and I can't just leave her dishes because they will be there for WEEKS. I don't know what to do. She works all the time, so I don't see her very much, but the few times she is here, I can always tell, because there are always 2 or 3 diet cokes cans laying around the house, butter out on the counter, dishes on the stove and in the living room, and crumbs everywhere. I'm not overreacting. Really, I'm not.
She's driving me crazy and I don't know what to do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 11-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippilil86 View Post
She doesn't do her dishes, she doesn't clean the bathroom, she doesn't pick up the living room. I tried to talk to her yesterday, I told her that we had fruit flies (she didn't notice?) and that it would be better if "we" didn't leave dirty dishes around. I also told her that I saw a mouse. ( I didn't really) I just did her dishes again. I don't remember the last time I've seen her do dishes. Or take out the garbage. It drives me crazy and I can't just leave her dishes because they will be there for WEEKS. I don't know what to do. She works all the time, so I don't see her very much, but the few times she is here, I can always tell, because there are always 2 or 3 diet cokes cans laying around the house, butter out on the counter, dishes on the stove and in the living room, and crumbs everywhere. I'm not overreacting. Really, I'm not.

I've LIVED this!!! I moved out, and never looked back!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Have you tried talking to your landlord? Sorry, but after reading this I really do wonder if that's something you should consider at this point. It's to your landlord's advantage to "have a little talk with her" about it because if you get . . . uhm . . . BUGS . . . then he or she will have to pay to get rid of them.
Actually, come to think of it, i.m.o. your landlord should tell her that if you DO get bugs, mice, rats, etc., then she's the one who's going to have to pay for the exterminator. She's probably also in violation of her lease, by the way.
Anyway it might make things a little uncomfortable around the place for awhile - but aren't they already? And besides, you'd be doing her a favor because she's gonna have to learn to pick up after herself sooner or later. And she's mistreating and disrespecting you as a person and you should let her know that.

One sidebar, though - Is she really really busy? Like a Med Student or something? Or really anxious about low grades or something and so studying all the time? Or maybe going through something else? Those things, of course, could be the reasons behind all this.

By the way, I once had a roommate from China who was a little messy - one thing he did was he was ALWAYS pouring vegetable soup and stuff like that down the sink, and it would get clogged up -
we'd explain to him why and he'd seem to understand but then he would do it AGAIN. Anyway he eventually moved out (because he had graduated with a Master's in Architecture) and it turned out that he had left a bunch of cereal behind in a cabinet in the kitchen - we hadn't even been aware of it. The landlord discovered it and there were BUGS. (Ants, if I remember right.) LITERALLY inside the cereal. The landlord then kicked EVERYBODY out. He said he was going to only rent to girls from then on - because (he thought) they're "cleaner." That's not even legal. I could have made a big fuss, reported him to the "Black List" of Syracuse University, and all of that; but I had already been planning on leaving and it just wasn't worth dealing with, and I figured it really was a karma kind of situation where it was gonna come right back to him.

Anyway read whatever moral you want to into all that - I guess the main thing is that it seems like everyone has to deal with a messy roommate, sooner or later.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I lived this in 1975 in college. Some people are just slobs. They have always looked to their mother to clean up after them. Disgusting! Throw this bum OUT.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My friend Erin had to deal with this when she was finishing her undergrad. It seems like no matter what the details of these stories are, the ending is always the same: one of you needs to move out.
You're so like me
Old 11-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
My friend Erin had to deal with this when she was finishing her undergrad. It seems like no matter what the details of these stories are, the ending is always the same: one of you needs to move out.
you're right.

my friend recently had big drama unfold when she and her other roommate confronted the other one about being a slob. The b!tch accused my friend of trying to kill her. by having a cat because she was allergic. She knew my friend had a cat before she moved in with them. she also kept letting the cat out, presumably so it'd get lost and/or die.

everyone ended up moving out of the apartment.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdrummer View Post
The b!tch accused my friend of trying to kill her. by having a cat because she was allergic. She knew my friend had a cat before she moved in with them.
I love people
You're so like me
Old 11-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love people
Don't we all.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do. The whole situation sucks right now. The good part is that this is the cheapest apartment that I've ever found in an actual decent location in Minneapolis. The bad part is that it came with an extremely messy roommate. Ughh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 11-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Photobucket

This banner reminds me of the movie SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
Old 11-11-2009, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Yep, that butterfly!

I love, love, love this:

This is definitely my favorite Christine song pre-1975.
Absolutely love the lyrics and the music. So beautiful.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Photobucket

This banner reminds me of the movie SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
LMFAO. I made that when I was like, 13. Oh, the shame.
You're so like me
Old 11-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy That nothing sucks more...

than watching a beloved pet die in your arms when nothing you can do can save it.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."