User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think management, promoters, and legal had more to do with his firing than Stevie. I don’t doubt for a second that Stevie had a major outburst and gave an ultimatum. I also think that was a fire they (management and legal) could have put out, if they had been so inclined. They could have talked Stevie down. (BTW, I have no doubt that Mick and Christine heard about their dancing, too. But they have a very different relationship with Stevie.)

But, Lindsey’s comments before Classic West and what many perceived as a lackluster performance on his part, especially compared to his enthusiastic performances with LBCM, ultimately did him in. A concurrent tour? He’d already proven to management and promoters (which was pretty much one and the same with Classic West) that he couldn’t maintain his enthusiasm for Fleetwood Mac when he was also promoting a new project. It was one of the biggest things Azoff ever did, and Lindsey basically took a dump on it when they were still selling tickets. I think Lindsey made himself a liability in management’s eyes.

I could be wrong, but there’s enough between the lines..
This is ridiculous. Blame the victim why don't you. #himtoo
Old 10-12-2018, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This is ridiculous. Blame the victim why don't you. #himtoo
He is not a victim.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
That won't pass the smell test, especially when Lindsey points out that when John had cancer Mick and Stevie went looking for a new bass player and weren't going to cancel the tour. Plus, Fleetwood Mac has a history of NOT stopping a tour, when a members leaves. They can't just lie and get away with it. I think Lindsey is going to win a lot of money.
The reports are that Lindsey didn't have a written contract for the tour. If that's true, he will have a very difficult time winning this case.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
The reports are that Lindsey didn't have a written contract for the tour. If that's true, he will have a very difficult time winning this case.
I'm reminded of herpes...
Old 10-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think management, promoters, and legal had more to do with his firing than Stevie. I don’t doubt for a second that Stevie had a major outburst and gave an ultimatum. I also think that was a fire they (management and legal) could have put out, if they had been so inclined. They could have talked Stevie down. (BTW, I have no doubt that Mick and Christine heard about their dancing, too. But they have a very different relationship with Stevie.)

But, Lindsey’s comments before Classic West and what many perceived as a lackluster performance on his part, especially compared to his enthusiastic performances with LBCM, ultimately did him in. A concurrent tour? He’d already proven to management and promoters (which was pretty much one and the same with Classic West) that he couldn’t maintain his enthusiasm for Fleetwood Mac when he was also promoting a new project. It was one of the biggest things Azoff ever did, and Lindsey basically took a dump on it when they were still selling tickets. I think Lindsey made himself a liability in management’s eyes.

Once again, we get the claim that his performance at Classic West was "lackluster." It was not perceived that way by anyone but hypercritical fans, and therefore did not damage Fleetwood Mac at all. I have posted in the past gushing reviews from actual critics and have refuted this "lackluster" argument before but sadly, that doesn't keep it from getting repeated.

BTW, I wonder which sells more tickets: the Rumours 5 (even after Lindsey makes one comment about doing CW for the money), or a not-really-what-you-remember version of the band with two new guys (one of whom is almost unknown in America) which has alienated fans on an unprecedented level?

You can bet Azoff knew the answer to that question long before the band found it out the hard way.

No, I'm not pinning this on him.

Last edited by sodascouts; 10-12-2018 at 02:40 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I checked and Lindsey is suing for breach of oral contract; he apparently didn't have a written contract making this a very difficult case for him to win.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/a...m-lawsuit.html
Old 10-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm reminded of herpes...
You mean it's what you get if you don't keep your little demon from going after people?
Old 10-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

I agree with a lot of this. I think this has even more to do with management than bad blood with Stevie. I believe that Mick is still hurting financially from his last divorce and they quietly whispered to him and the rest of the band, you will make more if you get rid of him. Lindsey as far as i know is the wealthiest of the group; he has made smart financial decisions. The way in which this has played out makes my skin crawl. I hope they all have trouble sleeping at night.

I wouldn't pay $1.00 to see Fleetwood Mac
Old 10-12-2018, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
He is not a victim.
The courts will ultimately decide if Lindsey was a victim here but he's got a very tough road to winning the case. He's suing for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of oral contract, and international interference with prospective economic advantage. He has a weak case for breach of contract as oral contracts don't often hold up these days. He has an even weaker case for international interference with prospective economic advantage. He would have to prove that the band interfered with his solo career. If anything, all the media attention is helping his solo career. His only decent case is for breach of fiduciary duty but that's not a strong case as he apparently doesn't have a written contract. I wish Lindsey the best in settling this case because the band is likely to win if it goes to court.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The courts will ultimately decide if Lindsey was a victim here but he's got a very tough road to winning the case. He's suing for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of oral contract, and international interference with prospective economic advantage. He has a weak case for breach of contract as oral contracts don't often hold up these days. He has an even weaker case for international interference with prospective economic advantage. He would have to prove that the band interfered with his solo career. If anything, all the media attention is helping his solo career. His only decent case is for breach of fiduciary duty but that's not a strong case as he apparently doesn't have a written contract. I wish Lindsey the best in settling this case because the band is likely to win if it goes to court.
Hopefully the folks at Loeb and Loeb know how to contact you for legal advice.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Once again, we get the claim that his performance at Classic West was "lackluster." It was not perceived that way by anyone but hypercritical fans, and therefore did not damage Fleetwood Mac at all. I have posted in the past gushing reviews from actual critics and have refuted this "lackluster" argument before but sadly, that doesn't keep it from getting repeated.

BTW, I wonder which sells more tickets: the Rumours 5 (even after Lindsey makes one comment about doing CW for the money), or a kinda-not-really-"classic" version of the band since it has two new guys (one of whom is almost unknown in America) which has alienated fans on an unprecedented level?

You can bet Azoff knew the answer to that question long before the band found it out the hard way.

No, I'm not pinning this on him.
The show got a terrible review in the L.A. Times, which is probably the most important review as far as they were concerned.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Hopefully the folks at Loeb and Loeb know how to contact you for legal advice.
I'm sure the lawyers at Loeb and Loeb know they have a very weak case. That's why they released the legal documents to the press rather than sending them to the band. US Weekly received the legal papers before the band did. The goal of the lawyers is to drive up media support for Lindsey with the hope that the band settles quickly. Without a written contract, they know that they are likely to lose if this goes to court.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
The show got a terrible review in the L.A. Times, which is probably the most important review as far as they were concerned.
Yes, and that review criticizes the entire band's performance, not just Lindsey's. Lindsey shouldn't have made that comment, but that review implies that the whole band had the same tacit attitude toward Classic West, hence their uninspired performance.

And why would management wait until Stevie issued an ultimatum to fire Lindsey? The 2018 tour plans with Lindsey were on until something happened between him and Stevie at MusiCares.

Last edited by saniette; 10-12-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oral contracts count too to an extent.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:59 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure the lawyers at Loeb and Loeb know they have a very weak case. That's why they released the legal documents to the press rather than sending them to the band. US Weekly received the legal papers before the band did. The goal of the lawyers is to drive up media support for Lindsey with the hope that the band settles quickly. Without a written contract, they know that they are likely to lose if this goes to court.
How are you so sure of this? It amazes me how all this supposition is allowed with Lindsey, but never with Stevie. There's never an ulterior motive where she's concerned.

My guess is this will never go to court, as it's in no one's interests to drag this out. Lindsey might not get the amount he's seeking, but he will probably get a settlement of several million. I'd be surprised if the band fights this lawsuit, as it is bad publicity.

Last edited by saniette; 10-12-2018 at 03:02 PM..