User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Though it is sacrilegious, I hope Christine retires You Make Loving Fun. it sounded DREADFUL on the BuckVie tour.
She needs to take a page out of Stevie’s book and not go for that high note, modify the melody to better fit her voice.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I hope that this wasn't also part of the reason why there was a disagreement with Lindsey. Them wanting more of this stuff back in the regular set list. Perhaps he finds the shadow of Peter Green's legacy intimidating. It's a shame if he's that insecure and it's cost him a place in the group because he doesn't have to be. He himself is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.
It probably was one of several factors that led to the split. Even though it was Stevie’s suggestion, Mick spent last year promoting his coffee table book about the Early Years, so it was probably lingering in the back of his mind anyway.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I gambled on tickets hoping for Angel (Tusk). Any other surprise is welcomed.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I gambled on tickets hoping for Angel (Tusk). Any other surprise is welcomed.
I think there's a good chance they will perform Angel, hopefully in place of Sisters of the Moon.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
My wish list?

That the houses are about 1/3 full
That Mick goes back into bankruptcy because of it.
That Stevie trips over her tambourine.
Lucky for the rest of us, these things are not likely.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I could see a setlist that looks like this.

1. Dreams
2. Say You Love Me
3. Gypsy
4. Oh well
5. Albatross
6. Angel
7. Everywhere
8. The Chain
9. I need to Know
10. Little Lies
11. Stop Draggin My Heart Around
12. Station Man
13. Don't Dream It's Over
14. Landslide
15. Black Magic Woman
16. World Turning
17. Silver Springs
18. You Make Loving Fun
19. Stand Back

Encore
20. Why
21. Gold Dust Woman
22. Don't Stop
Old 05-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see Neil Finn tweeted a bit yesterday. He's a very active Twitter user but went for several weeks without tweeting anything recently which seems to be a very long time for him.
Anyway somebody asked him 'Man of The World or Hypnotized'. He responded with 'We've tried both'

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 05-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I see Neil Finn tweeted a bit yesterday. He's a very active Twitter user but went for several weeks without tweeting anything recently which seems to be a very long time for him.
Anyway somebody asked him 'Man of The World or Hypnotized'. He responded with 'We've tried both'
Being they were "tried" I suspect they wont make the cut.
Man of the world just would not go over in a large arena with Stevie off the stage. It would be a mistake.
No way no how Hypnotized. I will sue. The band ignores the Bob Welch era and after what they did to him, it would be impossible for the band to do one of their songs. Bob would spin in his grave and come marching to the concert to put a stop to it.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Man of the world just would not go over in a large arena with Stevie off the stage. It would be a mistake.
No way no how Hypnotized. I will sue. The band ignores the Bob Welch era and after what they did to him, it would be impossible for the band to do one of their songs. Bob would spin in his grave and come marching to the concert to put a stop to it.
Since Neil and Mike already performed Man of the World live once at Neil's LA concert 2 weeks ago, I'd say there's a good chance FM will perform it, too.

As for your thoughts on how Bob Welch would react, I also disagree. I think Bob would actually be happy that FM would perform his songs live again, introducing his songs to a whole new audience who may never have otherwise been exposed to him before. To perform a song or two by Welch would help keep his legacy continue, something I'd like to think Bob or his family would be happy about.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Probably, but it also means they’re not off the table.

Quote:
I could see it somewhere in the acoustic/kettle drum part of the set.

Quote:
I would have agreed not all that long ago, but Mick did just spend last summer promoting his coffee table book about the Early Years, so I think there’s more of an openness now.

One thing I wonder is if they’re going to maybe learn a lot of songs and change up the setlists every night. Long shot, but I wonder how much influence Mike Campbell will have.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-11-2018, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Since Neil and Mike already performed Man of the World live once at Neil's LA concert 2 weeks ago, I'd say there's a good chance FM will perform it, too.

As for your thoughts on how Bob Welch would react, I also disagree. I think Bob would actually be happy that FM would perform his songs live again, introducing his songs to a whole new audience who may never have otherwise been exposed to him before. To perform a song or two by Welch would help keep his legacy continue, something I'd like to think Bob or his family would be happy about.
No way. I would be shocked. Bob sued the Mac for royalties over those songs exact songs. The Mac cut him off completely. I think Bob's wife would be upset. There is no way they would do one of Bob's songs and if they did they would deserve the flack they would get. The Mac would not even include Bob in the Behind the Music segment and he is not even mentioned as a transition. When they show the album Heroes are hard to find, Bob is cut off the album. Its almost like when Van Halen tried to erase Michael Anthony. They erased him from albums on their website. How could Bob's family be happy after all this they suddenly are profiting yet again off of Bob's songs when he is dead. Hypnotized would be amazing though.
Neil's concert was probably in a small club where he is feeling things out. Its a great song I think he could do well. But it wont work with an arena packed of casual fans. But who knows on that one. I was the first one to say they would play it. Then reality set in

Steve - yes Mick is overly nice about Bob in his latest book. Its really sad how he rationalizes. I think its way of saying I'm sorry or something.

On another note, I was thinking in the car today listening to the Mac channel. Oh Daddy is going to be impossible to play without Lindsey. His guitar playing is so original its not something that can be duplicated for the same effect of the song. Another thing I miss is Christine playing keyboards. I don't think she can do it anymore. I was listening to Rhiannon live 1976 and Don't Let Me Down Again and boy she is just playing mad keyboards on those songs. Its not impossible they pipe in some sound effects on some of these songs like the Buck/Vie tour.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-11-2018 at 04:28 PM..
Old 05-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No way. I would be shocked. Bob sued the Mac for royalties over those songs exact songs. The Mac cut him off completely.
Bob and Mick reconsiled years ago. Mick even agreed to do a benefit for Wendy when Bob was still alive.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-11-2018, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No way. I would be shocked. Bob sued the Mac for royalties over those songs exact songs. The Mac cut him off completely. I think Bob's wife would be upset. There is no way they would do one of Bob's songs and if they did they would deserve the flack they would get. The Mac would not even include Bob in the Behind the Music segment and he is not even mentioned as a transition. When they show the album Heroes are hard to find, Bob is cut off the album. Its almost like when Van Halen tried to erase Michael Anthony. They erased him from albums on their website. How could Bob's family be happy after all this they suddenly are profiting yet again off of Bob's songs when he is dead. Hypnotized would be amazing though.
Neil's concert was probably in a small club where he is feeling things out. Its a great song I think he could do well. But it wont work with an arena packed of casual fans. But who knows on that one. I was the first one to say they would play it. Then reality set in
In the Behind the Music you referred to, it also completely ignored Billy, Rick, Dave, and Bekka, so the fact it ignored Bob too didn't surprise me.

I'm not sure how FM would be profiting from singing a couple of Bob's songs live, but I could see Bob's estate profiting, another reason I hope they do Hypnotized and or Sentimental Lady.

Macfan4life, have you reconsidered whether to see them live this tour? Although I haven't bought tickets yet, I'm pretty sure I'm going. After learning more about Neil and Mike, I'm actually excited to see this version of FM live, whether it lasts or not.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn’t Bobs wife dead now too?
Old 05-11-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Isn’t Bobs wife dead now too?
Yes, she passed away.

THE Stephen Hopkins