User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
P.S. - How's THIS for WILD though??? I got curious once too and looked it up on one of the Geneology sites. Don't quote me on the exact details, but the general idea is that her family was from an area called "Buckingham."
I always found it interesting that Lucille Ball's middle name was Desiree, considering she married a Desi.

I think Stevie's father was named Jess Nicks. Middle name began with an "S." I don't think Jess was short for Jesus.

Looking at a family tree for Aaron Jess Nicks (the grandfather -- I don't think the middle name is actually Jesus), I see he died in August 1974. His wife was Effie. His parents were Johnathan Nicks and Fannie Lida Newton. His paternal grandparents were Anderson T. Nicks and Mary Ann Wilkins. The "Nicks" lineage goes back to Kent and then Sussex, England (in the 1400s). Hey, Christine and Stevie might have the same ancestors!

They do have some of the ancestors listed as "Nix Nicks," so probably those surnames were interchanged at some point. And any time you got a father and son walking around in those days, you would just call the son, Nick's son. So, I think the link to Nixon and Nickson is very likely.

Now, on Aaron's mother's side, the tree doesn't go back that far. Mary Ann's mother and father were Jonathan Wilks and Susanna Black and that maternal line came from North Carolina, Texas and Georgia.

Michele
Old 10-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard Nixon- "I am not a crook!"
Stevie Nicks- "I am not a witch!"

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I bring further proof of the Nixon connection.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
on Aaron's mother's side, the tree doesn't go back that far. Mary Ann's mother and father were Jonathan Wilks and Susanna Black and that maternal line came from North Carolina, Texas and Georgia.
Maybe our Louie is related to Stevie too?
Old 10-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
I bring further proof of the Nixon connection.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Jesus Seth Nicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I always found it interesting that Lucille Ball's middle name was Desiree, considering she married a Desi.

I think Stevie's father was named Jess Nicks. Middle name began with an "S." I don't think Jess was short for Jesus.

Looking at a family tree for Aaron Jess Nicks (the grandfather -- I don't think the middle name is actually Jesus), I see he died in August 1974. His wife was Effie. His parents were Johnathan Nicks and Fannie Lida Newton. His paternal grandparents were Anderson T. Nicks and Mary Ann Wilkins. The "Nicks" lineage goes back to Kent and then Sussex, England (in the 1400s). Hey, Christine and Stevie might have the same ancestors!

They do have some of the ancestors listed as "Nix Nicks," so probably those surnames were interchanged at some point. And any time you got a father and son walking around in those days, you would just call the son, Nick's son. So, I think the link to Nixon and Nickson is very likely.

Now, on Aaron's mother's side, the tree doesn't go back that far. Mary Ann's mother and father were Jonathan Wilks and Susanna Black and that maternal line came from North Carolina, Texas and Georgia.

Michele
Hey Michele...

This is her dad's complete name.

I was not extremley clear in my descriptions of Stevie and her Latinaish flair...as was pointed out by someone. Stevie speaks often with a dead on Spanish/Mexican American accent. She also knows a lot of the very specific terms and pronounciations of obscure (to MOST caucasians) and often slangish dialects of native Aztec, Inca, Maya etc...which were the tribes of Spanish Indians....
Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 AM
Ledgie

It could be that Stevie doesn't really know much about her ancestral roots. She might want to try out for and appear on this hit TV show about the genealogy of celebrities: http://www.facebook.com/FindingYourRootsPBS
Old 07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaidSomething View Post
Hey Michele...

This is her dad's complete name.

I was not extremley clear in my descriptions of Stevie and her Latinaish flair...as was pointed out by someone. Stevie speaks often with a dead on Spanish/Mexican American accent. She also knows a lot of the very specific terms and pronounciations of obscure (to MOST caucasians) and often slangish dialects of native Aztec, Inca, Maya etc...which were the tribes of Spanish Indians....
I don't recall ever hearing her adopt a Spanish/Mexican-American accent.

She grew up in the Southwest; that alone explains any knowledge of or preference she might have for Mexican slang/food/etc. There are probably a few Latino/a folks scattered throughout her family, but there's no evidence that Stevie herself has Latin roots or grew up with Latin culture in her household. This is Stevie we're talking about. Don't you think we would have heard about it a bajillion times if she were Mexican?
Old 07-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg cream View Post
I don't recall ever hearing her adopt a Spanish/Mexican-American accent.

She grew up in the Southwest; that alone explains any knowledge of or preference she might have for Mexican slang/food/etc. There are probably a few Latino/a folks scattered throughout her family, but there's no evidence that Stevie herself has Latin roots or grew up with Latin culture in her household. This is Stevie we're talking about. Don't you think we would have heard about it a bajillion times if she were Mexican?
Haha,true. I am Latino, and have been a fan since I was a child. I did hear somewhere that she was Latin, but I just don't really think so......BUT, if she was....she would have talked "about it a bajillion times if she were Mexican?".

I ADORE Stevie, but her interviews are almost like a poem are script...... and ofcourse they always start with "When I was senior in high school and Lindsey was a Junior".........she always throws Lindsey into her interviews atleast a few times. It just goes to show you, true love never dies.

So, back to her being Latin....I am sure she would have said something like "When I was a senior and had just met Lindsey, I would meet him at my mom's house after cleaning houses, and him writing music all day and not working, and just have a grand Mexican feast....My mom always made the best tortillas as she told me to never give up on my dreams because dad liked landslides....and I would always eat hot tamales in the fabulous black velvet room where dreams was written, and ofcourse that skit for Fajita Round up was based on a true story....so have you any beans you'd like to sell me, beans of lone-ly-ness............" Oohhhh....Kay.....!!! It's late and I am tired and babbling...LOL

Last edited by Etisl; 07-19-2012 at 11:00 PM..