Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac Landmarks

I might be taking a trip to San Jose/San Francisco in a couple of months, and was trying to think of FM landmarks to see (like Lindsey and Stevie's high school, college etc). Any idea of Fleetwood Mac landmarks? It doesn't even have to be in these towns, as you never know where you might be traveling. I stopped in Silver Springs when I went to DC this past fall.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here in Wallyworld "Wallingford" there is Trod Nossel studios.

Its down the street from my old apt.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-26-2015, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd drive to Record Plant to be sure, and just being in the Palo Alto area has the vibe. I lived there for freaking ever and honestly never did this myself.
Visit the Haight/take a pic in front of Fillmore....wish I had more for you off the top of my head. If I were still living there I'd have invited you over to view the shrine. LMAO. You are more than welcome to do so if ever in Oregon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you both for the suggestions! I thought of the Record Plant after I posted this. Add this to my list!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I'd drive to Record Plant to be sure, and just being in the Palo Alto area has the vibe. I lived there for freaking ever and honestly never did this myself.
Visit the Haight/take a pic in front of Fillmore....wish I had more for you off the top of my head. If I were still living there I'd have invited you over to view the shrine. LMAO. You are more than welcome to do so if ever in Oregon
Absolutely the Record Plant.. As of last July it's queued to become a day-spa, but hopefully, it is all still in tact.

Walking around Sausalito is also really fun. I think Richard said everyone used to go to this one coffee shop/pub and drink for awhile after recording, but I can't remember which one. There's a neat shop there that has antiques and crystals and lamps, which I would bet anything Stevie has been in at some time.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Junior Ledgie

I have been thinking about this recently as well. My niece recently relocated to the Los Angeles area. I may visit in the fall and thought about taking a "Fleetwood Mac" tour.

Two of the locations I thought about were the apartment where Stevie and Lindsey lived with Richard Dashut as well as the Mexican restaurant where they all met for the first time. I'm assuming this is no longer the same business.

If anyone has those locations, please pass them along. The apartment I believe was Orange Grove and Fairfax.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzup View Post
I have been thinking about this recently as well. My niece recently relocated to the Los Angeles area. I may visit in the fall and thought about taking a "Fleetwood Mac" tour.

Two of the locations I thought about were the apartment where Stevie and Lindsey lived with Richard Dashut as well as the Mexican restaurant where they all met for the first time. I'm assuming this is no longer the same business.

If anyone has those locations, please pass them along. The apartment I believe was Orange Grove and Fairfax.
I believe Richard might have mentioned the streets on his blog. Hey, I should ask him for some suggestions!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I believe Richard might have mentioned the streets on his blog. Hey, I should ask him for some suggestions!
Absolutely.... I'd love to here what he'd suggest.

I did happen upon their star on the Walk-of-Fame when I visited Hollywood about 15 years ago. If I recall correctly, it is outside a Fredericks of Hollywood store.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Please correct me if I'm wrong .As I read this somewhere. I believe FM ate dinner at Yankee Silversmith restaurant while in town as they were at Trod Nossel.

Alot of the Oakdale Theater acts eat there also I had a couple dinners there too.

The restaurant burned down years ago and now Sonic is at its location now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Silversmith0j3.jpg (95.9 KB, 7 views)

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-27-2015, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And here I thought I was the only person who would do such things!! On several of my last trips to LA I went around to some of the landmarks, including Stevie's old house on El Contento, the Bel Air house where they recorded SYW, and Stevie's old house that was bought by George Clooney. We went looking around for Lindsey's old house on June Street (where he also lived with Carol) but with no cross street or other reference it's almost impossible to determine which house it might have been. I was considering trying to post some of the pics.

Our plan on my next visit is to see Stevie's condo building and possibly the big house. OH! How could I forget-- for you, elle, we went by LB's house. But that was kinda weird, coz he still lives there…..
Old 01-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Richard's response-

Hi Richard. I may be taking a trip to San Jose and San Francisco in a couple of months and was wondering if you could suggest a couple of Fleetwood Mac landmarks. I already have Lindsey and Stevie's high school and the Record Plant in Sausalito on my list. Any other ideas? And thank you for the punter pass!

I’m not as familiar with their Northern Cali hangs as much as Los Angeles, but it seems like you have a couple of main ones already covered. I seem to remember Stevie, Lindsey and Robin, talking about the Bascom Ave. house a lot, where they lived together in San Jose. I have never been there but perhaps you can do some detective work to find out where it was. That would be a cool landmark and a definite part of Buckingham Nicks lore.

Then he later posted-

"To the anon heading up to the Bay Area: There's really not much to see. The Bascom house is private property, so there's nothing to do there. Same with the high school; no memorials or anything. Don't waste your time. Instead, spend more time in San Francisco doing tourist things. It's more fun."

The second one he posted with quotation marks, which he normally doesn't do, so I couldn't quite tell if that was him or him passing on a message from someone else.

Last edited by Montclare; 01-28-2015 at 08:56 PM..
Old 01-29-2015, 02:56 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
And here I thought I was the only person who would do such things!! On several of my last trips to LA I went around to some of the landmarks, including Stevie's old house on El Contento, the Bel Air house where they recorded SYW, and Stevie's old house that was bought by George Clooney. We went looking around for Lindsey's old house on June Street (where he also lived with Carol) but with no cross street or other reference it's almost impossible to determine which house it might have been. I was considering trying to post some of the pics.
Nice thread, I'm following since I'm planning to do a California trip in December or possibly January and to add some Fleetwood Mac flavour to my trip I might want to drive by a place or two.

Does anyone know where Lindsey's Bel Air house was located?
Old 02-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Junior Ledgie

Here's an article I found on FM landmarks.

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20....hFYvuPme.dpbs
Old 02-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
I might be taking a trip to San Jose/San Francisco in a couple of months, and was trying to think of FM landmarks to see (like Lindsey and Stevie's high school, college etc). Any idea of Fleetwood Mac landmarks? It doesn't even have to be in these towns, as you never know where you might be traveling. I stopped in Silver Springs when I went to DC this past fall.
The City National Civic Auditorium (formerly known as San Jose Civic Center Auditorium) is an old, smaller venue downtown. The foyer hallways are filled with huge pictures of classic acts, and there's a great FM pic taken from (I believe) the white album tour. If you stop by on a non-show night you can go in without a ticket. Just tell security you're there for the $12 beers.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzup View Post
Here's an article I found on FM landmarks.

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/20....hFYvuPme.dpbs
This is awesome, thanks!

Thanks to you too Neal!