User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-30-2020, 05:51 PM
Ledgie

Default Dreams back on the charts

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...p-tiktok-clip/

Well, here Fleetwood Mac goes again with its signature classic rock hit that absolutely will not be kept down. "Dreams," the U.K.-meets-L.A. group's 1977 chart-topper -- their lone No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 -- has experienced another spike in sales and streams tied to a viral video.

This time, it's due to a TikTok video that took the world by storm late last week, with the enduring song soundtracking a middle-aged man in a hoodie seemingly being pulled on a skateboard, as he swigs from a bottle of Ocean Spray Cran-Raspberry juice and occasionally sings along with Stevie Nicks' lead vocal. The clip's incredibly specific vibe of melancholy chill and absurdity captured hearts across the Internet -- and inspired a massive hike in "Dreams" consumption in the days following its spread.

For the three-day period of Sept. 25 - Sept. 27, "Dreams" racked up 2.9 million on-demand U.S. streams and 3000 in digital download sales -- numbers up 88.7% and 374%, respectively, from their totals in the prior three-day periods, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. (The song also climbed as high as No. 24 on Spotify's US Daily chart on Sept. 27.)

The viral bumps are nothing new for "Dreams," which previously enjoyed gains in 2018 following a meme of Alcorn State University's Golden Girls dance team grooving to "Dreams" that took off on Twitter. The spikes two years ago were much more modest however, representing a 24% gain in on-demand streams and a 36% gain in download sales over the week following the meme's debut.

Even when not actively boosted by such social media spikes, "Dreams" has been a regular presence on the Billboard charts in recent years. The song has appeared on Billboard's Rock Digital Song Sales chart for each of the last six weeks, and for much of the year before that, climbing to a No. 5 peak in March. Meanwhile, it's held a place on the Rock Streaming Songs chart since February, hitting a peak of No. 6 in July. And the song has also appeared sporadically on Billboard's all-metric Hot Rock & Alternative Songs listing, reaching a No. 13 peak following the Alcorn State bump in April 2018.

A whopping 43 years after its initial release, "Dreams" remains one of the most consumed rock songs in America on a regular basis. Check back to next week's Billboard charts, dated Oct. 10, where the song is likely to hit new peaks on both charts following its TikTok journey -- and perhaps enter some new ones for the first time as well.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone is talking about Mick Fleetwood’s tik tok. It’s gone viral. Covid, please take me.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Everyone is talking about Mick Fleetwood’s tik tok. It’s gone viral. Covid, please take me.
There's certainly no accounting for taste. He's such a POS.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

And here it is. I must say he lip syncs as bad as Stevie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwnj-OiGfMo
Old 10-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
THIS has gone viral???
Old 10-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't enjoy even the original tiktok video. Can't find the funny side on those.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

it just hit number 1. It's also number 9 so likely has been the true number one for two days. This is really cool. 43 years later. It's a classic. TIMELESS!
Old 10-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
it just hit number 1. It's also number 9 so likely has been the true number one for two days. This is really cool. 43 years later. It's a classic. TIMELESS!
twitterverse is saying that Mick and co, all multimillionaires, should throw some money to the guy who made this happen for them.

while i like Classic FM song is doing well, i wish it was a different, better song. i dislike Dreams almost as much as i dislike Trouble. adult contemporariness of both of these songs makes me cringe.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-05-2020, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
twitterverse is saying that Mick and co, all multimillionaires, should throw some money to the guy who made this happen for them.

while i like Classic FM song is doing well, i wish it was a different, better song. i dislike Dreams almost as much as i dislike Trouble. adult contemporariness of both of these songs makes me cringe.
Stevie's song Stevie's voice Stevie's allure is what made this the phenomenon it is. Made the whole band unbelievably famous and rich.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Stevie's song Stevie's voice Stevie's allure is what made this the phenomenon it is. Made the whole band unbelievably famous and rich.

Show us some pics of your $hrine. Seriously.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I don’t think Dreams sounds like adult contemporary. It’s way better than that and set a standard. There are many songs that sound similar today, but when it came out it was quite an original. Little Lies on the other hand ... I don’t need that on tik tok.

I don’t want anyone from FM to give doggface208 any money, thank you very much.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I don't enjoy even the original tiktok video. Can't find the funny side on those.
I don’t understand it. I need someone to explain to me why it is good.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:48 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
Plus if you look at the iTunes Rock chart Fleetwood Mac songs are numbers 1-7!
1) Dreams (Greatest Hits)
2) Dreams (Rumours)
3) The Chain
4) Rhiannon
5) Gypsy
6) Landslide
7) Go Your Own Way
10) Little Lies
20) Gold Dust Women

So it drummed up sales for a lot of their catalog. Pretty amazing...and cool.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Your Dreams View Post
Plus if you look at the iTunes Rock chart Fleetwood Mac songs are numbers 1-7!
1) Dreams (Greatest Hits)
2) Dreams (Rumours)
3) The Chain
4) Rhiannon
5) Gypsy
6) Landslide
7) Go Your Own Way
10) Little Lies
20) Gold Dust Women

So it drummed up sales for a lot of their catalog. Pretty amazing...and cool.
who are these Gold Dust Women? Is it Stevie and her coven?
Old 10-05-2020, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
just in case some don't know, this isn't the video that went viral, this is Mick's attempt to cash in on it for some attention for himself.

Here's the original: https://www.yoursun.com/dreams-tik-t...488b6bc02.html (lip-synching here is just as bad)