User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I can only pray. By the way Fleetwood Mac-esque, or more 'popmac'?
you know popmac or whatever, it has been a torture knowing that for 2 years now there are 8 LB / FM tracks recorded and we can't hear them. every m&g that i had with Mick last year there were always questions about how/when will these songs be released.

now we know there are 8 more tracks too. and people all over this thread and others think it would be great to wait about 3 more years for them. i just don't get it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
I was speaking for myself.
good, good, glad you clarified.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hopefully we will hear something about Stevie's new contributions within the next few weeks. I can't wait for the classic FM sound. Leave the LB weird stuff for the next solo.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

There won't be a new album released if there's no Stevie on it.

No record label will pick them up if she doesn't contribute. I'm not saying the album wouldn't be good - but from a commercial stand point it won't happen.

We just have to be patient and hope Stevie freakin gets it together soon...
Old 05-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I tend to agree with bombaysaffires' comments regarding Stevie's absence in the studio. Christine has not recorded in ten years and hasn't played regularly since 1998. Whilst it may not have been ideal for Stevie to be elsewhere, Lindsey and Christine made good use of their time together, getting Christine back up to speed. If they spent eight of the last nine weeks in the recording studio, presumably Stevie was available for seven of those, given that she has only spent the last fortnight in Nashville. Therefore, either Stevie chose not to be present or it was simply decided that she wasn't requried for that period of recording. Most probably the former is true, but it worked out to Christine's advantage having time alone with Lindsey.
I'm puzzled about Mick's comment that he wanted Stevie's solo recording finished within the allotted two week period because the Mac recording sessions have now been put on hold for the time being. Surely tour rehearsals won't begin for a while yet. I guess this in effect allows Stevie more time to focus on her own album. Perhaps the band have halted recording for this very reason?
I have to say it amuses me that some people honestly think Stevie will only get three songs on the next Mac album. There is no way in hell that she would forfeit an equal share of the music, even if it's only for commercial and egotistical reasons. There will be an equal share between the three singer-songwriters, most probably four tracks each. I'd bet my genitals on this.
I'd be happy for "Sad Angel" to make the cut, but don't care for "Miss Fantasy" at all. My preference would be for "It Takes Time" to be included and to have both Christine and Stevie add to it. I don't mean to be controversial, but I'd actually adore for Stevie to take the lead on this particular song. I'm sure Lindsey would go for it as well, but I imagine the stubborn old buzzard would never concede to utter those lyrics. Therefore, a delicate harmony vocal from her would do just fine.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:53 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires. Reason: I broke my own rule about not engaging
Old 05-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Whilst it may not have been ideal for Stevie to be elsewhere, Lindsey and Christine made good use of their time together, getting Christine back up to speed. If they spent eight of the last nine weeks in the recording studio, presumably Stevie was available for seven of those, given that she has only spent the last fortnight in Nashville. Therefore, either Stevie chose not to be present or it was simply decided that she wasn't requried for that period of recording. Most probably the former is true, but it worked out to Christine's advantage having time alone with Lindsey.
I'm puzzled about Mick's comment that he wanted Stevie's solo recording finished within the allotted two week period because the Mac recording sessions have now been put on hold for the time being.
but Christine was not having alone time with Lindsey in the studio, Mick and John were there too. presumably having the whole band would have been even better than just 4/5ths, for Christine to ease back in... unless people are implying Stevie is a distraction to the whole band recording?

i'm puzzled by Mick's comment too, considering that in one interview they said they shelved the recording for now, and in the other Lindsey said they are done for now. maybe once we get this whole interview things will be more clear?

Old 05-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting! usually we've seen and heard these excerpts released by radio stations after the full interview comes out somewhere like RS magazine.... wonder when and where will we see the full interview? probably in a day or 2...
I hope so, because I can't listen to things.

Michele
Old 05-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I hope so, because I can't listen to things.

Michele
there is nothing more on the audio than what was transcribed in the first post of this thread, so you are not missing anything.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing is coming out in 2014. Just go buy Rumours again. That's all you'll have for 2014.

Quote:
you know popmac or whatever, it has been a torture knowing that for 2 years now there are 8 LB / FM tracks recorded and we can't hear them.
It hasn't been torture for me, because I was very skeptical about the quality of those tracks anyway. I figured they sound like Dancing or the This is 40 stuff. I'll be glad to be proven wrong, however. And also glad he and Christine collaborated on a few things.

Michele
Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nothing is coming out in 2014. Just go buy Rumours again. That's all you'll have for 2014.

It hasn't been torture for me, because I was very skeptical about the quality of those tracks anyway. I figured they sound like Dancing or the This is 40 stuff. I'll be glad to be proven wrong, however. And also glad he and Christine collaborated on a few things.

Michele
but Sad Angel, Miss Fantasy and ITT sound nothing like Dancing or This is 40?!

Old 05-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there is nothing more on the audio than what was transcribed in the first post of this thread, so you are not missing anything.
Thanks. You're right. Just like the picture came out and then the interview came the next day. I can't wait to get the interview and hope we get a whole one, rather than 20 different news pieces all with new little sentences.

Michele
Old 05-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but Sad Angel, Miss Fantasy and ITT sound nothing like Dancing or This is 40?!
I was thinking that Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy were probably the best of whatever he had. I don't really have much to say about It Takes Time, except that it made me afraid of the other 8 songs. I slept with the night light on just brooding about it.

Anyway, to be perfectly honest and serious, I didn't think Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy were the best. I thought they were probably the most commercial.

Michele
Old 05-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Something Else Reviews, May 6, 2014

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...fleetwood-mac/

Lindsey Buckingham is taking fans inside the recording of Fleetwood Mac’s forthcoming studio effort, its first with Christine McVie, Buckingham and Stevie Nicks since 1987′s Tango in the Night.

He says the foundation of the new album grew out of songs left over from the band’s most recent, pre-Christine McVie sessions. Fleetwood Mac issued the Extended Play EP last year before hitting the road with its four-person lineup, rounded out by John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.

When Fleetwood Mac returned to recording after that tour, things had changed considerably. What was supposed to be a one-off appearance on stage with erstwhile fifth member Christine in London turned into a long-hoped-for full-fledged reunion.

Buckingham says the band switched gears to focus as much as possible on songs with Christine, whose most recent new music with Fleetwood Mac dates back to “Temporary One,” from 1997′s live package The Dance. The group then released 2003′s Say You Will without her.

Christine, perhaps to no one’s surprise, had a wealth of content. All of a sudden, Buckingham says the new album was substantially written.

“We got 8 tracks, very far along — you know, like, 75 percent done,” Buckingham tells 100.9 The Mix. “And all of those, except for one, are Christine — or co-writes between Christine and myself — because it seemed like the priority was to work on her stuff, then to get her feeling comfortable, and feeling far along with this process. We managed that very well.”
Old 05-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Something Else Reviews, May 6, 2014

http://somethingelsereviews.com/2014...fleetwood-mac/

Lindsey Buckingham is taking fans inside the recording of Fleetwood Mac’s forthcoming studio effort, its first with Christine McVie, Buckingham and Stevie Nicks since 1987′s Tango in the Night.

He says the foundation of the new album grew out of songs left over from the band’s most recent, pre-Christine McVie sessions. Fleetwood Mac issued the Extended Play EP last year before hitting the road with its four-person lineup, rounded out by John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.

When Fleetwood Mac returned to recording after that tour, things had changed considerably. What was supposed to be a one-off appearance on stage with erstwhile fifth member Christine in London turned into a long-hoped-for full-fledged reunion.

Buckingham says the band switched gears to focus as much as possible on songs with Christine, whose most recent new music with Fleetwood Mac dates back to “Temporary One,” from 1997′s live package The Dance. The group then released 2003′s Say You Will without her.

Christine, perhaps to no one’s surprise, had a wealth of content. All of a sudden, Buckingham says the new album was substantially written.

“We got 8 tracks, very far along — you know, like, 75 percent done,” Buckingham tells 100.9 The Mix. “And all of those, except for one, are Christine — or co-writes between Christine and myself — because it seemed like the priority was to work on her stuff, then to get her feeling comfortable, and feeling far along with this process. We managed that very well.”
ah we got a bit more! hopefully there's even more to this interview.

i'll focus on the positive here - substantially written i will combine with 75% done and the fact that all together these 16 songs were done in about 2.5 months. they added Stevie on 2 EP songs and recorded another Stevie song in 2 days, right? so i'll say 2 more weeks of work and album is done, they just have to select which songs to put on it, and it's ready to put out.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Aw! I've grown to LOVE the This is 40 songs. I would love more like them!
Just a dream, just a dream.