The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Should FM release the album without any SN-penned songs?
yes, there's no time to waste! 31 28.44%
no, they should keep waiting for SN, however long it takes 76 69.72%
we don't need no stinkin' FM album 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
If Stevie is in fact dead set against recording with FM again what will it take for them to realize it...
I don't mean to sound harsh but it is what it is...
Hard to say what it will take, since they are pretty dumb and the more of them that are involved, the dumber they get. Like, if I had hoped that Christine's return might be the tipping point which would make them a little shrewder about these sort of things, I now see that it made them collectively more stupid.

Michele
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
The boys have been trying to "get Stevie on board" with recording for 5 years now with no luck...Mick wanted to get the band together in early (Feb) of 2010 and see if they wanted to work on an album or tour and Stevie said NO and then started working on "IYD"...The boys started recording without her hoping she would like what they were doing an get on board with them...Stevie declined to participate (except for "Without You" which didn't turn out very well)...Christine has returned and time has been purchased at the Village and as far as we know Stevie was never there...If Stevie is in fact dead set against recording with FM again what will it take for them to realize it...
I don't mean to sound harsh but it is what it is...
I agree. I know she has been reluctant to record with the Mac. But I haven't heard her say that she NEVER wouldn't either. So I don't know how it will play out.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
They should wait. But I don't believe in ANY quality anymore now it's heading this way.

Christines songs cannot be ready yet, they just started a week or two max. In march. Maybe Lindsey is working alone on them now.

I think it is weird. Mick even said : she is doing it quick we hope.
I'm not going to say more about her behaviour. Before I'm called hostile again.

But still, in 2014, with this line-up, there has to be some steviesongs before we can call it a FM album. Especially since Chris is back.
i expected that vote from you, you've been consistent in wanting the chemistry of the 5, from the ground up.

by my math, considering it's the end of april, march and april would be more like a month or 2. if Stevie can record the full album in 2 weeks from scratch, why would you think FM can't finish 4-6 Christine's songs they had demos for beforehand in 2 months?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Hard to say what it will take, since they are pretty dumb and the more of them that are involved, the dumber they get. Like, if I had hoped that Christine's return might be the tipping point which would make them a little shrewder about these sort of things, I now see that it made them collectively more stupid.

Michele
i love you!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it is weird. Mick even said : she is doing it quick we hope.
I'm not going to say more about her behaviour. Before I'm called hostile again.
I never said you were hostile toward Stevie. I said you were hostile toward many a Stevie fan.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm, maybe I should have voted for the third option.
yes, you should have!

Old 04-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I never said you were hostile toward Stevie. I said you were hostile toward many a Stevie fan.
What's the difference.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i expected that vote from you, you've been consistent in wanting the chemistry of the 5, from the ground up.

by my math, considering it's the end of april, march and april would be more like a month or 2. if Stevie can record the full album in 2 weeks from scratch, why would you think FM can't finish 4-6 Christine's songs they had demos for beforehand in 2 months?
I think they really said goodbye to eachother at the end of that America todaything in Stevie's house. They just worked out some tracks from Chris. But I don't think they are still working there. But maybe Linds took the track home to arrange vocaltracks and guitarparts.

And, of course fooling around with his friggin trivial selfcalled productionvalues...

Last edited by shackin'up; 04-27-2014 at 05:51 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ah ok. somehow i have a feeling that mutually agreed amount of time has long passed or they could never mutually agree on it.

not saying "i'll pass" but not saying "i'm in" either while insisting "i will never break up this band" and at the same time going "but band should wait till she cleared up her schedule" is not fair towards the rest of the band. you can't say to your employer they should wait till you are done with your hobby. either the band is first, or solo career is first. either is fine, but you can't be sitting on both chairs at the same time.
I guess that depends on who your employer is.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a feeling she has done her "part" with the MAC project and has moved on. If they plan on releasing a 12/13 track disc it could be done. Stevie has only contributed two to maybe three tracks to an album when Chris was on on board so.........
Old 04-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I have a feeling she has done her "part" with the MAC project and has moved on. If they plan on releasing a 12/13 track disc it could be done. Stevie has only contributed two to maybe three tracks to an album when Chris was on on board so.........
i love your optimism!

Old 04-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FM without Stevie won't sell. She is the one keeping this band relevant. This would be foolish to do without her. Absolutely foolish.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
FM without Stevie won't sell. She is the one keeping this band relevant. This would be foolish to do without her. Absolutely foolish.
new FM album won't sell with or without Stevie. it's absolutely foolish to think it would. plus that was not the question.

what keeps the band relevant is new music, not nostalgia tours. thinking that no new music and never-ending money-grabbing nostalgia tours keep the band relevant is foolish. absolutely foolish.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i love your optimism!
There's no room for that here.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it's time to a new release, with or without the SN work. I really want to hear songs from everyon!!!
We know that Stevie always had a little piece on the albums; 2 songs in FM and Rumours, 3 songs in Mirage and Tango...
Even when it's time to see more SN songs on an album, and even when both with Lindsey released new works recently (2011), we can't compare. Lindsey will have more songs. So I think it's ok, if the new album must be released now.
Regards!!