User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
At least ticket prices will drop like a rock...I can see it now ...The "Men Of Mac featuring Christine McVie" coming to a steak house near you, advance ticket holders will receive a free buffet coupon...
a-ha. because Stevie was a part of FM arena tour 2013, and prices were ~ $100. and Stevie is a part of FM arena tour 2014, but now prices doubled to ~ $200. wait......... what?!?!?! how can that be?? so many people willing to pay so much money to fill these arenas, and so much faster than last year?? if looking at prices, almost seems like Christine rejoining is worth as much as the other 4 together.

it's ridiculous that this even needs to be stated, but Fleetwood McVie McVie and Buckingham are every bit as much a Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac as Fleetwood McVie Nicks and Buckingham.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At least ticket prices will drop like a rock...I can see it now ...The "Men Of Mac featuring Christine McVie" coming to a steak house near you, advance ticket holders will receive a free buffet coupon...
lmao! Honestly… you are so right.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey also could be working with some of Stevie's "vault" songs.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
a-ha. because Stevie was a part of FM arena tour 2013, and prices were ~ $100. and Stevie is a part of FM arena tour 2014, but now prices doubled to ~ $200. wait......... what?!?!?! how can that be?? so many people willing to pay so much money to fill these arenas, and so much faster than last year?? if looking at prices, almost seems like Christine rejoining is worth as much as the other 4 together.

it's ridiculous that this even needs to be stated, but Fleetwood McVie McVie and Buckingham are every bit as much a Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac as Fleetwood McVie Nicks and Buckingham.
Yes but will people pay $750 for "The Men Of Mac featuring Christine McVie"?
Old 04-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Very, very possible. I said elsewhere that, for all we know, Stevie may have already given them some demos to shift through and select their favorites.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
he could be. but Stevie was very clear she wants to be a part of the process. and fans here were very clear that they didn't like she was not part of the process with Lindsey's SYW songs, and that her not being involved from the start was a big problem with how SYW turned out. so she should be a part of the process. and if she's not, it's not because the other 4 don't want her there.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't remember that the band was called "The Men of Mac featuring Stevie Nicks" for the last 10+ years?

i also don't recall people paying $750 last year, it was more like $450, no?

prices speak for themselves. as well as how fast are tickets going this year, even the really expensive ones. the only difference from last year is Christine McVie. they still have the exact same Stevie Nicks. except she'll have less songs in the set. looks like that's worth doubling the price.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie was very clear she wants to be a part of the process.
I think it's more like Stevie wants to control the process/production on her songs but LB won't allow that to happen and I think this is where the problem lies...
Old 04-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahahaha.

"The Men Of Mac featuring Christine McVie" name me LOL.....

I would not pay $750 but I will be there to support them sitting in the cheap seats up in the nose bleed section with my telescope.

I would not pay $750 for a tix with all 5 present.I hope it will come with a full meet and greet package and I will have all five sign my Rumours album a photo of me with all 5 members.

That would be worth $750 bucks.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's more like Stevie wants to control the process/production on her songs but LB won't allow that to happen and I think this is where the problem lies...
i don't think LB cares anymore. i think he's willing to give in to almost anything just to finally get at least one album out. he's been pushing for years now.

so if there is a problem, must be something else.

Old 04-11-2014, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Can we please not go down the "Fleetwood Mac is nothing without ______" route again?

I think it's well been established that any four of the 'Rumours' five, can do quite well for themselves -- but ALL five will always be the top draw.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And they will, right after all the arenas sell out. (For the second leg.)
Oh, the will sell out the arenas, no doubt. People love nostalgia bands.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't think LB cares anymore. i think he's willing to give in to almost anything just to finally get at least one album out. he's been pushing for years now.

If LB's not the problem then what is it? I don't see LB just playing guitar on Stevie's songs while someone else is responsible for the production/ final direction they take.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Can we please not go down the "Fleetwood Mac is nothing without ______" route again?
however much i agree with you that arguing over that is stupid, i have to say that since it's been brought up now it's actually a good time to reassess some of it. because the pricing and the speed with which these ridiculously expensive tickets are selling is showing us something we didn't quite know for sure before.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Stevie didn't want 'Say You Will' to be a double-album. Lindsey did. Ultimately it was a double-length album, so Lindsey pretty much got his wish. (* It may not have been spread over two CDs, but it was longer than 'Tusk' by two minutes. And if it were released on vinyl, it most certainly would have been a double-album.)

Stevie didn't want Mark Needham to mix the album. Lindsey did, and got his wish.

Stevie (per Lindsey's comments to the press) wanted the "heavier" songs to be sequenced later in the album. Lindsey wanted them up front. Lindsey got his wish.

Really, any reluctance Stevie has had to record with Fleetwood Mac since 'Say You Will,' is pretty justifiable when all things are considered. She got struck down on just about everything she fought for with that album. Her opinion was dismissed.

So, yeah, Lindsey's been championing a new album for quite a few years now -- and that's great. But looking at it from Stevie's perspective, who in their right mind would want to willingly put themselves through that kind of stress again?