Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
The reviewer wrote:

Buckingham’s solo song Go Insane was a welcome inclusion before Stevie performed her signature song Rhiannon. To be completely honest it was a dogs breakfast with her phrasing and the harmonies all over the place but it hardly mattered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This must be some interesting Australian phrase: a dogs breakfast.
Another one of my favourites! Although I do think it has British origins...

I actually thought his description was hilarious and rather apt to be honest. I loved his recognition that, even though it can sound like a bit a train wreck, its awesome nonetheless.

I actually liked the perspective he took in his whole review (and it's a super review). Having only fully discovered FM less than 2 years ago, I can identify with having "consigned them to the ranks of Gold FM staples".

And this....

Quote:
On the evidence of his performance last night he is one of the great artists of contemporary rock music. He’s a staggeringly good guitarist who plays with passion and integrity. He’s a great singer and he works tirelessly to deliver a performance that could never be described as perfunctory. His guitar playing in I’m So Afraid was Neil Young level mid-blowing. This was so far away from “easy-listening” it wasn’t funny!
I'm still yet to have my first live taste but that's one of the things that really stood out for me when I first started watching videos of LB live. My younger brother loves playing the guitar, and I desperately tried to convince him that the FM concert wouldn't all be the daggy, 'easy-listening' stuff he was expecting. I'm bitterly disappointed that my efforts failed, because I just know LB would blow him away.

Looks like it's left up to me to be blown away for him
Old 12-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

excuse this for being all random, i'm still grinning like an idiot.

just a few things i think were note worthy.

firstly, i think Stevie is sick. She sounds like she has a cold, well it sounded like it to me when she was talking...huskier than usual she was definitely hitting a few high notes she doesn't normally but she also cracked one or 2 on Storms...but i like imperfections. that's why i go to concerts. And Stevie is always flawless to me.

that being said, i am a Stevie fan primarily. have only started an interest in Lindsey over the past 2 years or so, but WOAH i was just blown away by him. he was really working the crowd and was just so pumped and full of energy. I dont know how many redbulls he drinks, he's freaking CRAZY...but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sexy

Someone's talked here about Stevie's tambo being de-rattled? so she can bang it around all she wants to the sounds of silence? er NO...i think it was on GYOW or something towards the end and you can definitely hear her rattling the tambo totally IN TIME with the drums, right in front of the mic. I was actually surprised to hear her tambo at all, normally i dont notice it.

The gypsy intro...I have to say, i think the audience was silent here because they were LISTENING to the story. it's not that they weren't impressed or anything. Stevie seemed like she talked forever...she talked for like 3 minutes haha she's so cute. I recorded it, my bro will have to cut it for me if anyone wants to hear it.

And her getting liberated/Deliberated confused omg that was the funniest thing EVER...even funnier when just the other day i was watching that clip Caitlin posted from the TimeSpace tour with the band intros and Stevie didn't know her left from her right haha that's all i could think of. She laughs at herself, that's even funnier

SnL seem much more in sync and ... i don't know, just better together on this tour than SYW. I REALLY like Lindsey singing on Stevie's songs, especially Sara, his vocal is more prominent, and the "Baby I would go anywhere, anywhere, anywhere..." i think is my new fave line. They sing to each other nicer. It's hard to explain. LOVE lindsey's "actions" to her songs too, especially in GDW

Song Highlights

NGBA... omg this is the sexiest thing ever with their whispering...not generally one of my fave songs. but last night changed that

GDW - the audience ate this one up. Stevie's pre shadow "stagger" ... and wotever she's adlibbing ... brilliant.

Storms - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah high notes. cracked notes, it was beautiful.

Go Insane - i like the song on the record, but live...i like it raw

Landslide - i dislike this song. but live OMG! everyone singing ALL the words... At a Stevie show it's good, but at a Mac show.... CHILLS

SARA - okay...i have a soft spot for this coz of the SnL squee factor. so i kinda wasn't concentrating towards the end, and I swear...it was like the whole audience were ledgies and they all knew what was coming coz it was like everyone sat up a bit straighter and were more attentive when she walked over to him oh how i'd love to be that guitar. i know there's all the staged-act convos about SYW and this tour, but that hug seems pretty genuine and they're both so smiley afterwards. my lil heart just 'sploded.

Though i did really like his blowing her a kiss too...i forget if that was Sara or another song, theyre so silly!

something totally random, at breakfast at my hotel yesterday morning, this lady was on the phone talking to someone about the concert and how UNREAL it was and how she'd pay 1000s of $$ to go see it again. This morning at breakfast, the table beside me was talking about last night's show and rambling off their Mac facts to each other lol "and yes, Stevie is still blonde" lol WTF....at the train station people were talking about it. Waiting to go home at the airport, this guy was on the phone talking about the show too..everyone is just raving about it. makes me so proud.

We stayed around til just before midnight waiting for the band to leave. it was pretty eerie being out under the full moon and crazy people singing Dreams REALLY REALLY loud in the dark but waves we did get. Stevie is super cute in her lil sunnies and big, ominous car. the dude beside me thought it was hilarious that Stevie is so tiny and she gets the GIANT car...well deserved i would say. oooh yeah and during Mick's introductions, he said he, Linds and John all know to behave around the "lady" of the band, coz she knows all their dirt.....bwaaaaaaaaah hahahaha does he always say that? coz that was priceless.

pissed about the cameras. security were bastards.

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 12-03-2009 at 07:55 AM..
Old 12-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post

The gypsy intro...I have to say, i think the audience was silent here because they were LISTENING to the story. it's not that they weren't impressed or anything. Stevie seemed like she talked forever...she talked for like 3 minutes haha she's so cute. I recorded it, my bro will have to cut it for me if anyone wants to hear it.
I would love to hear the Gypsy rambling story...

Thanks for sharing your review.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
excuse this for being all random, i'm still grinning like an idiot.

just a few things i think were note worthy.

firstly, i think Stevie is sick. She sounds like she has a cold, well it sounded like it to me when she was talking...huskier than usual she was definitely hitting a few high notes she doesn't normally but she also cracked one or 2 on Storms...but i like imperfections. that's why i go to concerts. And Stevie is always flawless to me.

that being said, i am a Stevie fan primarily. have only started an interest in Lindsey over the past 2 years or so, but WOAH i was just blown away by him. he was really working the crowd and was just so pumped and full of energy. I dont know how many redbulls he drinks, he's freaking CRAZY...but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sexy

Someone's talked here about Stevie's tambo being de-rattled? so she can bang it around all she wants to the sounds of silence? er NO...i think it was on GYOW or something towards the end and you can definitely hear her rattling the tambo totally IN TIME with the drums, right in front of the mic. I was actually surprised to hear her tambo at all, normally i dont notice it.

And her getting liberated/Deliberated confused omg that was the funniest thing EVER...even funnier when just the other day i was watching that clip Caitlin posted from the TimeSpace tour with the band intros and Stevie didn't know her left from her right haha that's all i could think of. She laughs at herself, that's even funnier

SnL seem much more in sync and ... i don't know, just better together on this tour than SYW. I REALLY like Lindsey singing on Stevie's songs, especially Sara, his vocal is more prominent, and the "Baby I would go anywhere, anywhere, anywhere..." i think is my new fave line. They sing to each other nicer. It's hard to explain. LOVE lindsey's "actions" to her songs too, especially in GDW

Song Highlights

NGBA... omg this is the sexiest thing ever with their whispering...not generally one of my fave songs. but last night changed that

GDW - the audience ate this one up. Stevie's pre shadow "stagger" ... and wotever she's adlibbing ... brilliant.

Storms - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah high notes. cracked notes, it was beautiful.

Go Insane - i like the song on the record, but live...i like it raw

Landslide - i dislike this song. but live OMG! everyone singing ALL the words... At a Stevie show it's good, but at a Mac show.... CHILLS

SARA - okay...i have a soft spot for this coz of the SnL squee factor. so i kinda wasn't concentrating towards the end, and I swear...it was like the whole audience were ledgies and they all knew what was coming coz it was like everyone sat up a bit straighter and were more attentive when she walked over to him oh how i'd love to be that guitar. i know there's all the staged-act convos about SYW and this tour, but that hug seems pretty genuine and they're both so smiley afterwards. my lil heart just 'sploded.

Though i did really like his blowing her a kiss too...i forget if that was Sara or another song, theyre so silly!

something totally random, at breakfast at my hotel yesterday morning, this lady was on the phone talking to someone about the concert and how UNREAL it was and how she'd pay 1000s of $$ to go see it again. This morning at breakfast, the table beside me was talking about last night's show and rambling off their Mac facts to each other lol "and yes, Stevie is still blonde" lol WTF....at the train station people were talking about it. Waiting to go home at the airport, this guy was on the phone talking about the show too..everyone is just raving about it. makes me so proud.

We stayed around til just before midnight waiting for the band to leave. it was pretty eerie being out under the full moon and crazy people singing Dreams REALLY REALLY loud in the dark but waves we did get. Stevie is super cute in her lil sunnies and big, ominous car. the dude beside me thought it was hilarious that Stevie is so tiny and she gets the GIANT car...well deserved i would say. oooh yeah and during Mick's introductions, he said he, Linds and John all know to behave around the "lady" of the band, coz she knows all their dirt.....bwaaaaaaaaah hahahaha does he always say that? coz that was priceless.

pissed about the cameras. security were bastards.

Great Review! So glad you had a great time. Please please upload the Gypsy intro and anything else you got recorded!

Thanks!!
Amy
Old 12-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Great Review! So glad you had a great time. Please please upload the Gypsy intro and anything else you got recorded!

Thanks!!
Amy
pretty much that's it my mic didn't work all night
WHEN I GOT HOME... it DID ..... omg i was MAAAAAAAAAAD
will post it on the w/end
Old 12-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And her getting liberated/Deliberated confused omg that was the funniest thing EVER...
Oooh. What was that about?

I have heard Mick say that about Stevie keeping them in line because she has all of the dirt on them once before.

Sounds like you saw a great show, with great chemistry. Thanks for the details.

Michele
Old 12-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Found the link over at Nickslive.blogspot.com. I couldn't figure out how to embed.

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/sunris...dded-video-top
Thank you so much for posting!!!!! It's good to hear that Mick is hoping on a new album, and hope the rest are too Looking forward to January to come so we'll know how they'll do

Seems to to well in Australia and thanks for posting videos!!! Can't wait to see more!!!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oooh. What was that about?

i dont even remember where that convo was going
she was talking before a song...not Gypsy... it was later in the set

OOOh it was before Storms. i think it was when she was talking about them adding the song to the set for this tour and she couldn't get "deliberated/deliberating" out and was like "liberated?" and said it like 5 times and then was like pffft haha and gave up. she was frustrated. it was HILARIOUS!

Her communications classes taught her very well. she's adorable
Old 12-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just thinking of the Gypsy intro, it's funny to me when Stevie says that Lindsey doesn't like to talk on the phone, because he sure was quick to call Tony in Destiny Rules and he made a dramatic point with his phone calls in his solo dvd. So, he may not like to make phone calls, but he loves to use them as props.

Actually, I wonder why he didn't call Stevie himself to ask her to join Fritz. Was he shy?

Michele
Old 12-04-2009, 12:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

I cannot WAIT for my show!! Brisbane, 16th December...OH MY GOD WOO WOO WOO WOO! lol. I'll be posting on here for sure afterwards...I'm going to bring my camera...hopefully it won't get "removed" by security!

I hope Stevie's not sick...I mean, I don't care in terms of the quality of the show etc if she IS sick, she's perfect to me anyway, but I don't want HER to feel sick or bad or worried about not performing as well. I think I myself might be getting a cold or something and am just relieved that if I am, at least I'll have time to get rid of it before the show!! I do NOT want to be sick for that show!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Found the link over at Nickslive.blogspot.com. I couldn't figure out how to embed.

http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/sunris...dded-video-top
Thanks for posting this - so great to see them, and I think what they both mean is yes we will be doing a new album IF we can persuade Stevie - they both have a knowing look in their eyes. Hearing those songs still sends a shiver down my spine.

Everyone that's going enjoy.

PS Does anyone know why I can't see some of the pictures/videos that are posted - just blank squares?
Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Just thinking of the Gypsy intro, it's funny to me when Stevie says that Lindsey doesn't like to talk on the phone, because he sure was quick to call Tony in Destiny Rules and he made a dramatic point with his phone calls in his solo dvd. So, he may not like to make phone calls, but he loves to use them as props.

Actually, I wonder why he didn't call Stevie himself to ask her to join Fritz. Was he shy?

Michele
Funny! I wonder too why Bob called her but Stevie has said many times Lindsey called and would either change it to Bob or not.

I love how all his phones are corded in his solo doc. Makes me think of Stevie's adamant tyrades against current technology and Lindsey still using tape to record. I can appreciate it, from the generational standpoint, but it is so...archaic...
Old 12-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

since there are no pics, i thought i'd amuse y'all with a terrible offering
i didn't take my camera coz i knew we'd be in trouble for taking pics
so these were done on my phone ... oh well i was happy

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5163/liddy.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6161/mamag.jpg

there were a LOT of people hanging around. i was surprised. ive never waited for a band to leave before. it was crazy!

Stevie had to hug EVERYONE and had a few pics taken before she left
I didnt even know she had come out coz she was SOOOOOOO tiny next to everyone, she was hidden

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 12-04-2009 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: stupid links
Old 12-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

there were a LOT of people hanging around. i was surprised. ive never waited for a band to leave before. it was crazy!

Stevie had to hug EVERYONE and had a few pics taken before she left
I didnt even know she had come out coz she was SOOOOOOO tiny next to everyone, she was hidden
Fun pics! Thanks for sharing--I've never waited for a band to leave so this is an interesting view to see.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh, I see what you mean about her limosine being large. How does that work with women? Is it compensation for small breasts or . . ..

Michele