User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Everyone!!

Tomorrow Is The Big Day!

Who is coming? I'm going tomorrow for Dec1st, got a second row ticket, this will likely be the only show i get up to the stage for, and i haven't organised much else... only bought the ticket last week! Got to charge up the ol camera... would love to do some sound recording for you all, but don't have the equip... :-(

Also going to the second show, don't know where our tickets are... bit suss but bought them from ebay, from some preschool in LA that Mick donated tickets to, and have the "tour manager"'s phone number to call and they put tickets aside for us in the "band section"??? I don't know what to make of it, but these were the only tickets i could get my hands on, very excited to take my step mum to, as she was the one that got me into the band in the first place.

I really want to get good tickets, but won't have the new camera for it...
Feel like i'm letting myself down, i just haven't been super organised this time!

I'm also off to Hunter Valley show this weekend and Brisbane last show.. got to go to the last show of the tour!

Last edited by Janis_no1; 11-30-2009 at 03:10 AM..
Old 11-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmmm, what should a 14 year old expect to see at a FM concert?
Geez, not long to go - I'm going on the Wednesday show
Old 11-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well if getting to the stage is as easy as it was for me in London, you guys should really try for it. The second London show I had 15th row and I just wandered up like 20 min before showtime and stood at the stage right between Lindsey and Stevie and no one said a thing!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
i meant since they were here in 2004
they were uber affectionate
Oh, I had skipped right over 2004 and went to a bad place. Michele
Old 11-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've got second row for Dec1st concert... since no other tickets were available.. well that weren't silver secton... $495 later, and i'd better get a great view, and a wave, and a hug.. LOL
Old 11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janis_no1 View Post
I've got second row for Dec1st concert... since no other tickets were available.. well that weren't silver secton... $495 later, and i'd better get a great view, and a wave, and a hug.. LOL
I just want to know how you meet Stevie (Judging by your avatar)
Old 11-30-2009, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Age, Australia

http://www.theage.com.au/news/entert...429336946.html

Fleetwood Mac hopes winery shows will be bottlers

December 1, 2009

MICK Fleetwood loves Australia so much he is visiting twice this summer.

Over the next two nights, his band Fleetwood Mac will perform hits such as Go your Own Way, Don't Stop, Rhiannon, Gypsy and Tusk before sell-out crowds at Rod Laver Arena.

He will return seven weeks later with the Fleetwood Mac Blues Band to play at country wineries with Boz Scaggs and the Doobie Brothers' Michael McDonald. While only one song - 1967's Oh Well - is likely to feature on both tours, he says the blues band is his way of paying homage to the originators who started the band with him 40 years ago.

''Over my career I've been called a pop star and a rock star, yet in my inner heart, I will always be part blues man,'' says Fleetwood. ''On my journey from blues to a life of rock'n'roll, I've always remembered where I started.''

This week's shows, says Fleetwood, will feature a different set list to its last tour in 2004. Recent lists lean heavily on the classic 1977 Rumours and 1979 Tusk albums, as well as solo songs from members Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

''This tour will be different because we always usually play new songs - it's always fine and people bear with it - but this time around we don't have a new album,'' he says from his home in Maui, Hawaii. ''After 40 years of being who you are, it's cool to be less selfish. The crowds are loving it because they are emotionally connected to every single song.'' His return trip will be more of a show for blues purists.

''It will be for more of a boutique tour, but I think people will have a lot of fun playing songs like Oh Well, Albatross and Shake your Money Maker - all of the great old stuff that started Fleetwood Mac.''

Fleetwood Mac play Rod Laver Arena tonight and tomorrow. The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band play Sutton Grange Winery, Victoria, on Saturday, February 20, and Balgownie Estate Vineyard Resort & Spa, Yarra Valley, on February 21.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight is my first of five for the unleashed tour! super pumped i have seats in the first 10 rows for all 5 shows! i have had a 3 week dry spell of no Fleetwood Mac or Fleetwood Mac affiliate bands so I'm super excited!!! i like to go in "fresh" as Frank Costanza would put it!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Tonight is my first of five for the unleashed tour! super pumped i have seats in the first 10 rows for all 5 shows! i have had a 3 week dry spell of no Fleetwood Mac or Fleetwood Mac affiliate bands so I'm super excited!!! i like to go in "fresh" as Frank Costanza would put it!
I think one concert is enough for me
Old 12-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Well hi
I'll be up with you tonight... got second row B section. If you want to introduce yourself I'll be in a sleeveless dark purple top, pony tail.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone let me no how the camera situation is 2nite. I dont like all those VERY overt NO CAMERA signs everywhere :§
Old 12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Ledgie

The band played an awesome show tonight. Stevie was exceptionally happy and put a lot into all her songs. They seemed really pleased to be here - Mick is well recovered, Lindsey his usual best but John looked a bit tired. I hope he is ok. The show was very well received, but...

I must say, they had to work very hard with audience to get the kind of reactions I saw during my six shows in the US earlier this year. My home town crowd did not respond the way I was used to, so that was disappointing. E.g. very little cheering to Stevie story about Gypsy, even though she kept adding more and more to it! The audience got going late in the night with GYOW and Don't Stop, so that was ok.

The lack of cheering wasn't helped by the meaness of security only letting the first six rows up. It wasn't enough, as many older people did not want to stand all night, so it was the smallest bunch up the front I have seen. They will hopefully relax this for future shows so a packed crowd up the front can go off like the US ones did! We managed to get up there for Silver Springs (from row 12).

Off to bed now. Hope to a get a good ticket tomorrow and try again!

PS - for the person who asked about cameras - security were obessively strict about ehm too - none allowed!

cheers, Gazz
Old 12-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gazz i was row 11 on Lindsey side where were you?
Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
I must say, they had to work very hard with audience to get the kind of reactions I saw during my six shows in the US earlier this year. My home town crowd did not respond the way I was used to, so that was disappointing. E.g. very little cheering to Stevie story about Gypsy, even though she kept adding more and more to it! The audience got going late in the night with GYOW and Don't Stop, so that was ok.
I love the thought of Stevie adding to the Gypsy story.

The band is sensitive to crowd reaction, so maybe there will be changes made at the next show based on the dampened response they received tonight.

Thanks for the review!

Michele
Old 12-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post

The lack of cheering wasn't helped by the meaness of security only letting the first six rows up. It wasn't enough, as many older people did not want to stand all night, so it was the smallest bunch up the front I have seen. They will hopefully relax this for future shows so a packed crowd up the front can go off like the US ones did!

PS - for the person who asked about cameras - security were obessively strict about ehm too - none allowed!

cheers, Gazz

Ugh! Dean, are you reading this? Fix this pronto!

I was a bit concerned that they would be all jetlagged and sleep-deprived, so it's good to hear that things went off without a hitch. And "Silver Springs" means Mama's not under the weather. I could just imagine that Mick was probably quarantined somewhere in the back of the plane while everyone else donned surgical masks (with little piggy noses drawn on them) in the front.