User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
since they insist on that stupid "only 22-24 songs" in the set (John Fogerty is older than all of them and he does anywhere between 26 and 29! and changes his sets from time to time during the same tour), i'd prefer they don't do any pre-BN era songs since there are so many BN ear songs, especially Lindsey's Tusk and SYW songs, that i would love to hear.

but if they do pre-BN FM song, my top choice by far would be Oh Well. we know that song is great live as done by LB-MF-JM (regardless of spitballs being thrown at LB by PG purists ), and i wouldn't mind to experience it live at all.

Man of the World might be interesting... did BN-FM ever did that song live as far as we know?

i realize that doing a Welch song would be nice tribute, but i really don't care one bit to hear any of his songs by the current lineup, and that includes Hypnotized.
His set is full of 2 and a half minute songs tho. Fleetwood Mac generally has about 10 "8+ minute" songs in their set so i gurantee a mac set is linger then a fogerty set. not knocking fogerty at all, just need to clear that up.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Definitely not just you

I agree on Rhiannon. I know Stevie's voice isn't what it used to be, but I still think they could do a much better job with the song now than they have been.
I really wish the sound city group would've played rhiannon. i feel like they would've propelled stevie so much on that song. It would've benefitted way more from the "foo factor" then even gold dust woman.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I really wish the sound city group would've played rhiannon. i feel like they would've propelled stevie so much on that song. It would've benefitted way more from the "foo factor" then even gold dust woman.
i don't mind Foos in general and SN obviously reveled in their adoration for her, but after everybody raving about how great their GDW version has been, i was very disappointed when i finally heard it. FM versions from European 2009 UL leg where much more interesting.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His set is full of 2 and a half minute songs tho. Fleetwood Mac generally has about 10 "8+ minute" songs in their set so i gurantee a mac set is linger then a fogerty set. not knocking fogerty at all, just need to clear that up.
good point, but you can't say that about all of his songs. and Stephanie, The Ledge, EOTW, or Illumination are also just about 2 mins.

ten 8+-minute songs?? i can't count that many - which ones are those?

i can think of ISA, GDW and WT of their regular songs... and i really hope they won't do WT this time around.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GDW
ISA
GYOW with intro and outro is about 8
WT 10 plus here

OK, maybe not that many 8+. If i had said 5+ it wouldbe been way more accurate and wouldve included half the set. , And they dont play any of their 2 minute songs you mentioned (The Ledge etc.) where as being the big CCR fan i am, nearly all their big hits (fortunute son, down on the corner, bad moon rising plus about 15 more) range from 2 to 3 minutes.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
since they insist on that stupid "only 22-24 songs" in the set (John Fogerty is older than all of them and he does anywhere between 26 and 29! and changes his sets from time to time during the same tour), i'd prefer they don't do any pre-BN era songs since there are so many BN ear songs, especially Lindsey's Tusk and SYW songs, that i would love to hear.

but if they do pre-BN FM song, my top choice by far would be Oh Well. we know that song is great live as done by LB-MF-JM (regardless of spitballs being thrown at LB by PG purists ), and i wouldn't mind to experience it live at all.

Man of the World might be interesting... did BN-FM ever did that song live as far as we know?

i realize that doing a Welch song would be nice tribute, but i really don't care one bit to hear any of his songs by the current lineup, and that includes Hypnotized.
I hope Oh Well is included again! Lindsey does the BEST Oh Well ever!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
GDW
ISA
GYOW with intro and outro is about 8
WT 10 plus here

OK, maybe not that many 8+. If i had said 5+ it wouldbe been way more accurate and wouldve included half the set. , And they dont play any of their 2 minute songs you mentioned (The Ledge etc.) where as being the big CCR fan i am, nearly all their big hits (fortunute son, down on the corner, bad moon rising plus about 15 more) range from 2 to 3 minutes.
i know i know they don't but The Ledge is one of the top LB deep cut requests here, and considering he played Stephanie throughout last year, we may need to consider those 2 in that 22 songs count - and that really irks me, as you can sense.

you can argue that it may be harder to do 29 different 2-minute songs than just 22 songs no matter how long they are.

FM should do at least 26 songs on this upcoming tour, period. but they already went from mentioning 24 initially down to 22 now.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

when did they say 22. I'm sure we'll get 23-24 opening night and it'll maybe widdle down to 22.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
when did they say 22. I'm sure we'll get 23-24 opening night and it'll maybe widdle down to 22.
i think SN said it in some most recent interview but i can't remember specifically where.

maybe she's just as bad with her math as usual though.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Getting back to the topic, a song I'd want to (realistically) hear the least would be:

"BIG LOVE"
Old 03-12-2013, 12:37 PM
llb

wouldn't miss tusk
Old 03-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
FM should do at least 26 songs on this upcoming tour, period. but they already went from mentioning 24 initially down to 22 now.
Yes... they might actually be able to fit in 26 songs if they cut out all of those excessively long guitar solos. I am 100% in support of that! But that will never happen because Stevie needs those long guitar solos to change outfits.

I would be the first to sign a petition for deleting "I'm So Afraid" from the setlist!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't mind Foos in general and SN obviously reveled in their adoration for her, but after everybody raving about how great their GDW version has been, i was very disappointed when i finally heard it. FM versions from European 2009 UL leg where much more interesting.
Same here. GDW hasn't been strong since Stevie dropped the climactic "go hooooomeargggggggghhhhhahahhhhhahhhhh" and added all those silly and unnecessary lines at the end ("baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby," "you can't see me now"). Less is more.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't kill me for saying this, but every time that Mick does his drum solo thing during World Turning, I think, man, if he just dropped that solo, we could have another song, and, even better, if they just dropped World Turning, we could have two or three more songs

I'd love for them to drop...

Dreams
Go Your Own Way
Stand Back
Rhiannon
Don't Stop
I'm So Afriad

as well.

I've heard all of those songs soooooo many times. If they even dropped two of them I'd be happy.

The Ledge would be awesome.
How about an acoustic That's Alright?
Or a full on rocker like Tango in the Night?
Maybe bring back Don't Let Me Down Again
or Angel...please please please....

Sigh.....

Kevin

Last edited by pattyfan; 03-12-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Old 03-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Yes... they might actually be able to fit in 26 songs if they cut out all of those excessively long guitar solos. I am 100% in support of that! But that will never happen because Stevie needs those long guitar solos to change outfits.

I would be the first to sign a petition for deleting "I'm So Afraid" from the setlist!
Or that will never happen because the guitar solos are one of the best parts of the show. As far as I'm concerned, Stevie can leave the stage for costume changes during all of Lindsey's songs.