User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
^ referring to the long, rambling post of mine above... everything stands except I'm totally not a "pro LB guy" and definitely a pro LB girl. I'm typing these posts on my iPhone and any errors you read from me can be blamed on this gadget.

Back OT: I am loving all the pics and finding it so fun to note how different Lindsey looks from one stage to the next... For example Tusk Lindsey looks nothing like Rumours Lindsey, who looks completely different from L&O Lindsey and so on...he's a chameleon and really embodies each new phase.
I think it's funny how in each phase, he looks like different, but you can still tell it's Bucky, in some cases, he doesn't even look like the same person, and yet somehow, he always manages to look good in each appearance phase. I dunno many people that could do that, and he does it well.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey and Stevie (interesting faces Lindsey is making here!)

Old 06-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In that first one (I've definitely seen that face used a lot in Joan the Wench's funny graphic designs) he looks like he's trying to be serious and not doing a very good job of it lol. Is the second one Mirage era?

Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
In that first one (I've definitely seen that face used a lot in Joan the Wench's funny graphic designs) he looks like he's trying to be serious and not doing a very good job of it lol. Is the second one Mirage era?
I'd say the second is '79 or '80, during the Tusk tour.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I wonder if that would be cold enough for Lindsey to put on an actual winter coat?

And you know, as bad as they sounded on the Today Show, Lindsey still looked gorgeous

---------------------------------------------
Old 06-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This is only a lip sync of 'Oh Diane' and not the best quality, but any footage of LB is good footage!!

Old 06-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He did look good in Oh Diane, but as for Today Show he shoulda worn a real coat dammit! Take my word for it, NY gets cold in the winter, and wearing a leather jacket with your shirt nowhere near buttoned is gonna cause you not to perform as well. Well, let's be thankful about 2 things:

1.He wasn't stupid enough to wear something like from the Japan show

2.He still managed to look good there.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Quote:
This is only a lip sync of 'Oh Diane' and not the best quality, but any footage of LB is good footage!!

Have I already mentioned how much i hate those 2 songs ?
Peacekeeper is particullary awful live, with or without any coats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
He did look good in Oh Diane, but as for Today Show he shoulda worn a real coat dammit! Take my word for it, NY gets cold in the winter, and wearing a leather jacket with your shirt nowhere near buttoned is gonna cause you not to perform as well. Well, let's be thankful about 2 things:

1.He wasn't stupid enough to wear something like from the Japan show

2.He still managed to look good there.

Japan, 77'? Hawaiian shirt? Yeah, that would be a bit inappropriate .
Old 06-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Japan, 77'? Hawaiian shirt? Yeah, that would be a bit inappropriate .
Yup. That Hawaiian shirt. he did look good in it, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't put it pas him to start running around in that outside.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, he looks great!

Actually, I think they sound OK on this one. GYOW is another story ( please don't post it...it would be torture ).
Old 06-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Yep, he looks great!

Actually, I think they sound OK on this one. GYOW is another story ( please don't post it...it would be torture ).
I promise to never post any GYOW from the last 20 years!! I agree that the live version has been torturous for a long time!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I promise to never post any GYOW from the last 20 years!! I agree that the live version has been torturous for a long time!
I must say that I agree with that. I mean, it is a great song in it's own right and still my fave Mac tune, but it hasn't fared well with Lindsey's aging. Personally, I say that it should be either retired or tinkered a bit to give it a new flavor.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm with you on that. I love the song but I'd also be just as happy if I did not have to hear him struggle through it. Granted, others may not feel the same way we who are more familiar with LB's vocal abilities do. I have brought friends to his show who feel the absolute highlight was that song, so it isn't an easy choice to just eliminate completely. I guess he could, as Miss Ladyloki mentioned, rework it in some way. He's pretty good at doing that, though, so I'm not nervous. I mean, I kind of prefer the more original Never Going Back Again to this new one he's stretching out and I'd sort of like to hear the original Big Love live at least once in my lifetime. But I can't be too picky I guess.

I'm just thrilled that he's still able to make amazing music and play as brilliantly as he does. All the rest is, as Lindsey calls it, "small potatoes."

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-28-2010, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I'm with you on that. I love the song but I'd also be just as happy if I did not have to hear him struggle through it. Granted, others may not feel the same way we who are more familiar with LB's vocal abilities do. I have brought friends to his show who feel the absolute highlight was that song, so it isn't an easy choice to just eliminate completely. I guess he could, as Miss Ladyloki mentioned, rework it in some way. He's pretty good at doing that, though, so I'm not nervous. I mean, I kind of prefer the more original Never Going Back Again to this new one he's stretching out and I'd sort of like to hear the original Big Love live at least once in my lifetime. But I can't be too picky I guess.

I'm just thrilled that he's still able to make amazing music and play as brilliantly as he does. All the rest is, as Lindsey calls it, "small potatoes."
Nothing wrong with being a little picky, though! Of course, I'm thrilled that Lindsey is still playing live but there's nothing wrong with voicing our opinions as fans.
The GYOW ending guitar parts are still great and I can see where a casual fan would feel that's the 'highlight' of the show. The vocal definitely needs some sort of an adjustment. I'm not quite sure how he could change it, but keep the guitar part the same. Maybe Lindsey doesn't know either and that's why he keeps the same version of GYOW.
I am also someone who would love to hear the original version of 'Big Love' live! It's fine acoustically but it would be great to hear how he'd do the original.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie