User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Awww. He felt like a member of the band. I wonder how it felt for Lindsey. If he felt gratified and artistically challenged. Thanks Elle.

Michele
Maybe Lindsey needs to start up a new band... a new supergroup like The Travelling Wilbury's perhaps?
Tom Petty anyone?
Old 09-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Maybe Lindsey needs to start up a new band... a new supergroup like The Travelling Wilbury's perhaps?
Tom Petty anyone?
i like that idea! but he'd never do it, unless somebody else recruits him.

meanwhile, i love that i can see him in small venues (which would not be the case with most superbands) and hope that happens soon!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okee, he co-wrote 'To Her Door'

That is a relief because that new single sounds awful in my ears. And I couldn't hear him on it.

Three years ago I saw them live at the Lowlands festival, but couldn't bear the hollowness and self absorbed stage act. let's hope Lindsey actually added some depth, although those lyrics do not put me in a feeling of much confidence about that....

Old 09-12-2016, 08:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Tom Petty anyone?
I swear if somehow, someway he teamed with Tom Petty for a supergroup things I could die happy and content. Tom Petty ranks right up there in maybe my top 5 or 6 favorite bands.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronVonBielski View Post
I swear if somehow, someway he teamed with Tom Petty for a supergroup things I could die happy and content. Tom Petty ranks right up there in maybe my top 5 or 6 favorite bands.
Well, I really don't hold out any hope of him ever striking up a full-on collaboration with Tom Petty, but if he did then how much would that really pi!ss Stevie off
Anyway, Lindsey did play on a Heartbreakers song at Tom's behest; Walls (circus), so you never know.

Lindsey Buckingham, Tom Petty, Brian Wilson, Trent Reznor and...er...Norah Jones?
Old 09-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

re: Lindsey supergroup: He should start with Peter "Hooky" Hook and go from there...

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Listen to the new song with LB!!

Sounds like something from Tango! I need some more listens....

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495809...ntent=20160929

UPDATE: Listened many more times. I like it quite a bit, but I love Tango and this is so 80's sounding. LB's vocals are pretty and fit in with EOTS' sound. It's breezy and nice. Nothing hard here, just light, easy listening pop. ��

That's the great thing about LB...he goes from Nine Inch Nails to EOTS. �� He flawlessly fits in everywhere.

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 09-29-2016 at 01:49 PM..
Old 09-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
Sounds like something from Tango! I need some more listens....

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495809...ntent=20160929

UPDATE: Listened many more times. I like it quite a bit, but I love Tango and this is so 80's sounding. LB's vocals are pretty and fit in with EOTS' sound. It's breezy and nice. Nothing hard here, just light, easy listening pop. ��

That's the great thing about LB...he goes from Nine Inch Nails to EOTS. �� He flawlessly fits in everywhere.
Hmm. It sounds okay. Not much to it though really. Actually, it's a bit...boring. Sorry
Old 09-29-2016, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i just listened.

i love hearing his voice. i love hearing his guitar. i love hearing his recent contributions and recordings. but if he was not on it i would not care about listening to this even though it's pleasant enough.

hearing him on this though made me even more curious and salivating to hear new Chris-Lindsey Mac songs. but i hope they are not nearly as soft poppy as this. although who knows, they might be, he was hinting that he was kinda going in more mellow direction with FM music, unlike solo.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-30-2016, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice song
Old 10-01-2016, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Songs We Love: Empire of the Sun, 'To Her Door'

September 29, 201610:00 AM ET by Megan Buerger NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/29/495809...un-to-her-door

When Fleetwood Mac released Rumours in 1977, the band's lush instrumentals and melancholic harmonies reignited an obsession with bright, shining California pop. Decades later, modern folk bands like Mumford and Sons, Best Coast and Haim are still channeling the same bittersweet chords and joyful choruses.

Empire of the Sun is the latest group to pay tribute to Fleetwood Mac's lush legacy, but the Australian synth duo is far from folksy. It's better known for playing dance-music festivals in exotic Space Age costumes that feel, from a distance, almost like Cirque du Soleil. And yet, its forthcoming album, Two Vines, features a glistening collaboration with longtime Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham called "To Her Door."

"When you've got the undeniable, magical aura of Doctor Buckingham, things blossom," Luke Steele — one half of Empire of the Sun — tells NPR. Both he and bandmate Nick Littlemore consider Buckingham one of their heroes. "We jammed like we were in high school and it came together almost instantly."

The song captures a couple's dialogue the day after a big argument. One partner wakes up surprised and anxious, Steele says, eager for reconnection. "He says, 'Hey, good morning, what happened, can I come around and talk?'" The lyrics convey that desire: "I feel better when we're together / I know it's simple but I don't care / I try to say the things to make up for the mess I've caused."

Sonically, "To Her Door" reflects Fleetwood Mac's warmest records — such as "Hold Me" or "Gypsy," which overflow with richness. Steele says that when he and Littlemore conceptualized a direction for this album, they were drawn to an image of vines that grew out of the ground and into cities, wrapping around buildings and cars until they overtook the urban world. He couldn't get the image out of his head. When they traveled to Hawaii to record at Honolulu's Island Sound Studios, where Kanye West recorded My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, the tropical, breezy setting cemented the return-to-nature concept.

"In Hawaii, our hotel on the beach had a giant banyan tree that stretched from the lawn into the living room. It felt like being a part of nature again," Steele says. In an effort to carry that vibe into the studio, he opted to use more analog equipment to return to the way music used to be recorded. It helped, of course, to have Buckingham in the room, an old-school guy who, arguably more than any living artist, is responsible for that lush, breezy sound.

"That's why working with him was beyond words, really," Steele says. "You're not just working with a great guitarist or producer, you're working with classic heritage. He's not just a genius, but a genius of feeling. It's his gift. And I'm so grateful we got to share in it."
Old 10-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like the chorus. Actually, it reminds me of Christine. I wouldn't mind hearing Lindsey do a live solo version of this at all. I like it better than the This is 40 material.

Michele
Old 10-03-2016, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.astralwerks.com/news/lind...ut-empire-sun/

Today, alt-electro pioneers Empire Of The Sun released “To Her Door,” a song they recorded with Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham, who contributed guitar and backing vocals. The track – which is from Empire of the Sun’s new album, Two Vines. ” “To Her Door” can be streamed on Spotify HERE.

Empire Of The Sun will perform on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” next Tuesday, October 4. Two Vines will be released on October 28 via Astralwerks. The pre-order is underway HERE. Beginning today, fans who pre-order the digital album will instantly receive “To Her Door” plus “High & Low,” “Two Vines” and Manny Marroquin’s remix of the band’s Platinum hit “Walking On A Dream.”

NPR praised Empire Of The Sun’s “glistening collaboration with longtime Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham…Sonically, ‘To Her Door’ reflects Fleetwood Mac’s warmest records — such as “Hold Me” or “Gypsy,” which overflow with richness.”

“‘To Her Door’ started with us just improvising in the studio with Lindsey,” explains Nicholas Littlemore, who co-pilots Empire Of The Sun alongside Luke Steele. “After the first jam, which was probably about an hour, we turned up his parts and there were so many beautiful gems. You could hear all of the years of playing that he’s done with Fleetwood Mac coming through. That was quite early on, so that was a big inspiration for us.”

Old 10-08-2016, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just looked up the UK, Australia and US singles charts to see if To Her Door had charted. Nothing. I guess it will be appearing in next week's charts.
btw- each of these charts: what a complete pile of steaming sh!t. Boy, its a long time since I paid any attention to singles charts.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
btw- each of these charts: what a complete pile of steaming sh!t. Boy, its a long time since I paid any attention to singles charts.
All right! To Her Door will fit in perfectly then!