User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
There was NO space between the stage and the front row, so if you were up front, you were practically touching the stage.
This is the kind of set up I like best, so that no one can stand or push in front of you, if you have front row.

I like what he said to you about melodies just floating through the air and him grabbing them. Catching a butterfly.

Michele
Old 06-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey Elle and everyone,

Did anyone ever ask him if That's All for Everyone was in the setlist or if that was a new song.

You may have mentioned this, but I missed the post if you did.

Michele
Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Hey Elle and everyone,

Did anyone ever ask him if That's All for Everyone was in the setlist or if that was a new song.
funny you should mention this Michele - i actually did ask him that yesterday. i showed him the original Belly Up setlist that he never played, pointed at Everyone and asked what is this song? he was a bit defensive, and said "oh that's the song i played only a couple of times", i said no, i know that one, what about this one that you never played. he evaded the asnwer, seemed like he didn't want to say anything about the song.

EDIT: unrelated, but he also said that he doesn't read reviews of his shows. i told him if he ever wanted to, he can get the link to the page for that but that not reading reviews is completely understandable to me.

Last edited by elle; 06-12-2012 at 11:19 PM..
Old 06-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Ledgie

I know at this show, Lindsey took requests. I just have a question about taking requests at his shows. I'm going to see him Saturday. Not sure if he will take requests, but if he does, I want to request Rock Away Blind. My question, when taking requests, what exactly happens? I mean, do you just shout out a song that you want to hear? Or would it be more appropriate to raise your hand, and wait for him to point at you to then state the request. I'm blind, and since I can't see what's going on around me, and can't tell how other people would handle the request situation if it would arise, I just thought I would ask. I just want to get an idea as to what to expect. Thanks.

Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
I know at this show, Lindsey took requests. I just have a question about taking requests at his shows. I'm going to see him Saturday. Not sure if he will take requests, but if he does, I want to request Rock Away Blind. My question, when taking requests, what exactly happens? I mean, do you just shout out a song that you want to hear? Or would it be more appropriate to raise your hand, and wait for him to point at you to then state the request. I'm blind, and since I can't see what's going on around me, and can't tell how other people would handle the request situation if it would arise, I just thought I would ask. I just want to get an idea as to what to expect. Thanks.
Well, he didn't have a special request section. A few people in the front kept yelling, "Rock Away Blind!" between songs, and eventually, he gave in. Good luck!
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Ledgie

Thanks so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Well, he didn't have a special request section. A few people in the front kept yelling, "Rock Away Blind!" between songs, and eventually, he gave in. Good luck!

Time cast a spell on you, but you won't forget me.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

CLUBDOC has them all here... YOUTUBE
THANKS YOUROCK!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hi Ashley There is no official part of the show where he takes requests. He's made jokes a few times that next time around maybe he will start taking requests, but that's just him joking I'm sure. What happened in Delaware with us, was that he paid attention to hearing the shouts for "Rock Away Blind", and after about ten times of yelling it between everybody, he realized "Ok, they really WANT this." If you are sitting in the front row, perhaps you can do the same thing, or mention it to others around you before the show starts, so that everyone can get their voices heard. The best part of the show to do this is when he comes back for the encore. Perhaps he will squeeze it in between "Trouble" and "Seeds" as he did with our show. Good luck!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for posting Stephanie and ISA from this show!! I will NEVER get tired of hearing/watching ISA!! (Or Stephanie either really) I think I said that before! I love all 8 minutes of that clip!!!! When he gets to the edge of the stage, I was right at those feet of his! UGHH!! I was so drawn in!! I saw no one else around me! LOL. I was even going to mention before about how he saw something wasn't right during this song, and bent down to tweak something...and this clip of ISA captures it. I wonder what he was doing there? But this song..I can't describe..the perfect balance of powerful lyrics with guitar playing that tells such a story. The music is every bit as intense as what he is saying with words. Sheer Brilliance! I can't believe this song is as old as it is. Timeless, genious, wonderous, glorious, delicious and most other words ending in "s"!!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
funny you should mention this Michele - i actually did ask him that yesterday. i showed him the original Belly Up setlist that he never played, pointed at Everyone and asked what is this song? he was a bit defensive, and said "oh that's the song i played only a couple of times", i said no, i know that one, what about this one that you never played. he evaded the asnwer, seemed like he didn't want to say anything about the song.
Oh, very interesting. Thank you. Considering his behavior, I would think it's a new song. He wouldn't act that way about an old one, would he? Maybe he would if he wouldn't want people to start asking for it in concert. But it seems he would be more hesitant about a new song that he's not ready to share just yet.

Even if he doesn't see them himself, I think someone must summarize reviews for him now and then. I can't believe he's completely unaware of them. But I can certainly understand not reading them, good or bad. I know a lot of performers are like that.

Michele
Old 06-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, very interesting. Thank you. Considering his behavior, I would think it's a new song. He wouldn't act that way about an old one, would he? Maybe he would if he wouldn't want people to start asking for it in concert. But it seems he would be more hesitant about a new song that he's not ready to share just yet.

Even if he doesn't see them himself, I think someone must summarize reviews for him now and then. I can't believe he's completely unaware of them. But I can certainly understand not reading them, good or bad. I know a lot of performers are like that.

Michele
Lies! "Reading the paper, saw a review, they said I was a visionary...but nobody knew..."
He reads them all. [Hi, Linds! Lose the leather jacket. It's beginning to moo for mercy!]
Old 06-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Another of Elle's videos. Oh. My.

This performance rocks here and also rocked on June 12th at the Howard Theater in Washington DC. Lindsey's fingers are magic! He rocked the place!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
did you bind him to a lamppost and hit him with the hotlights?
Old 06-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
did you bind him to a lamppost and hit him with the hotlights?
maybe not exactly like that, but yeah i was definitely mean
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
maybe not exactly like that, but yeah i was definitely mean
No, but if you pointed at one song and he tried to deflect the question to Dancing instead, he should have been interrogated and read his "Miranda" rights.

Michele