User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
I just don't see this level of ridiculing Lindsey or his fans over in the Stevie forum (maybe I need to look into older threads). They don't seem to play at Lindsey piss taking
i don't know if it happened there too, but there were several posts here deleted last night, mainly directed at Christine and her fans i think. my understanding is that was because of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Hurling insults and name calling on an internet forum. So brave.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-03-2014, 01:19 PM
BlueDenimLamp
This message has been deleted by BlueDenimLamp.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Both have been characterized as narcissistic divas by members of the other's fan groups... Probably because that's true for both to a degree. I love them anyway!
Haha, bingo!

Old 05-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The return of Mark Needham concerns me. I did not care for his contribution to the Say You Will album and thought there was an unpleasant murkiness throughout many of the songs. I remember Stevie's hesitation regarding having Needham mix the album, but then didn't he also end up doing some mixing work on her "Crystal Visions" collection a few years later?

I understand that the band has traditionally recorded without Stevie until she was required, but I honestly thought all members were now at a stage in their lives where they would want to be together, especially on this occasion. It needn't be just about collaboration, but a demonstration of commitment and support. I guess I was hoping that Christine's return and John's illness would make everyone approach the situation in a more inclusive, mature way. I acknowledge the past difficulties between Lindsey and Stevie, but I do get the impression that Lindsey is genuine about wanting to move beyond their emotional baggage and create together in a meaningful way. He has spoken of his desire for them to co-write since the SYW days and properly collaborate on songs from scratch, seemingly so that Stevie would have complete input and not be dissatisfied with the final result. It should also be remembered that upon the completion of the IYD sessions in late 2010, Dave Stewart actually suggested to Stevie that she needed to find a way to co-write with Lindsey so he can't be the stumbling block between them.

When Lindsey speaks of Stevie's complicated needs, it clearly is a none-too-veiled comment on her unwillingness to properly cooperate. Whilst I understand Stevie's position and that she most probably thought these last couple of weeks were an opportune time to knock out some solo recordings, she could potentially piss everyone off by not being present for the Mac, especially if she hasn't already submitted some material of worth. She may not ordinarily care about the fall-out, but Christine is now back in the fold and I suspect she will not easily tolerate Stevie's absence. I wanted Christine to realise how far Stevie has come in terms of her capability and work ethic in the studio these days, but worry she'll just think these latest proceedings are reminiscent of the Tango sessions. If Stevie just decides to breeze in once the bulk of the work has been done, surely this won't sit well with the others, regardless of whether they demonstrate it or not. (I was secretly hoping Christine had attended some of the Nashville recording sessions, if only to gain some insight into what Stevie is currently doing and ensure all was well between them. Of course, this may have happened, but there doesn't seem to be any confirmation of such.)

I guess the best we can hope for at this stage is that Stevie does eventually contribute strong songs to the Mac album and works well with the band once she is present. Hopefully when they tour later this year, the experience will be a positive one and Stevie will feel enthused about contributing to a band album. She needs to be invested in such an undertaking if it's to truly work.
What an excellent post Phil. The best one I've read in these weird times in FM. I fully agree on what you write, and it means that, in the end, if there's material from Stevie in the batch included, I NEVER ever want to read about the fact that she wasn't happy how the album turned out. You have to be part of the process of the whole. Especially now. I'm really dissapointed in how this goes, although I'm excited about the high productivity in LA as well as Nashville. It's distracting....

Last edited by shackin'up; 05-03-2014 at 01:41 PM..
Old 05-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If Christine had promoted her album, "In the Meantime" I think it would have done quite well. She had a lot of airplay despite not doing anything with it.
Further, Buckingham Nicks, prior to FMAC was a commercial failure. Without Mick bringing the forces together, Dragoon would not be able to yell at us.
I liked that album. But I wish Lindsey would of produced Friend. That was a great song. He would of made it even better.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I liked that album. But I wish Lindsey would of produced Friend. That was a great song. He would of made it even better.
I think Ken did a great job with the sound. I think Lindsey would have made her do certain things with the arrangements and the mixing which would have given it the bite that would have made it, "over the top" good. So agree he was missed. Easy Come And Easy Go is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-03-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
[Oh baby, don't make me wait (whispered like on the Mirage video)]

http://framework.latimes.com/2014/05...e-news-906/#/7

Los Angeles: Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac are collaborating on their first new material in 15 years.

That's a powerhouse for sure! Very exciting to see Christine and Lindsey working together again. Their Tango songs were some of the best in FM's history. The next FM album is going to be a gift from the Gods!

I wonder who is more jealous, Stevie of Christine for being able to write songs with Lindsey, or Lindsey of Dave for being able to work and create with Stevie? The dynamics of this band are extremely interesting, to say the least!!
Old 05-03-2014, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie's on my S list right now. She hasn't said a word about recording with FM. She actually doesn't even seem excited about Chris returning. Very subdued in my opinion. Believe me, if they had gotten any commitment from Stevie that she will eventually record, they would say it. Instead she's being all difficult about it, when this should be an exciting last chapter of the band. She better clarify things fast or I'll really be pissed. Sorry this is the way I feel.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Stevie's on my S list right now. She hasn't said a word about recording with FM. She actually doesn't even seem excited about Chris returning. Very subdued in my opinion. Believe me, if they had gotten any commitment from Stevie that she will eventually record, they would say it. Instead she's being all difficult about it, when this should be an exciting last chapter of the band. She better clarify things fast or I'll really be pissed. Sorry this is the way I feel.
And I simply can not imagine that there is ONE person on the Ledge that isn't able to understand the way you feel. It's unbelievable, really.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The return of Mark Needham concerns me. I did not care for his contribution to the Say You Will album and thought there was an unpleasant murkiness throughout many of the songs. I remember Stevie's hesitation regarding having Needham mix the album, but then didn't he also end up doing some mixing work on her "Crystal Visions" collection a few years later?

I understand that the band has traditionally recorded without Stevie until she was required, but I honestly thought all members were now at a stage in their lives where they would want to be together, especially on this occasion. It needn't be just about collaboration, but a demonstration of commitment and support. I guess I was hoping that Christine's return and John's illness would make everyone approach the situation in a more inclusive, mature way. I acknowledge the past difficulties between Lindsey and Stevie, but I do get the impression that Lindsey is genuine about wanting to move beyond their emotional baggage and create together in a meaningful way. He has spoken of his desire for them to co-write since the SYW days and properly collaborate on songs from scratch, seemingly so that Stevie would have complete input and not be dissatisfied with the final result. It should also be remembered that upon the completion of the IYD sessions in late 2010, Dave Stewart actually suggested to Stevie that she needed to find a way to co-write with Lindsey so he can't be the stumbling block between them.

When Lindsey speaks of Stevie's complicated needs, it clearly is a none-too-veiled comment on her unwillingness to properly cooperate. Whilst I understand Stevie's position and that she most probably thought these last couple of weeks were an opportune time to knock out some solo recordings, she could potentially piss everyone off by not being present for the Mac, especially if she hasn't already submitted some material of worth. She may not ordinarily care about the fall-out, but Christine is now back in the fold and I suspect she will not easily tolerate Stevie's absence. I wanted Christine to realise how far Stevie has come in terms of her capability and work ethic in the studio these days, but worry she'll just think these latest proceedings are reminiscent of the Tango sessions. If Stevie just decides to breeze in once the bulk of the work has been done, surely this won't sit well with the others, regardless of whether they demonstrate it or not. (I was secretly hoping Christine had attended some of the Nashville recording sessions, if only to gain some insight into what Stevie is currently doing and ensure all was well between them. Of course, this may have happened, but there doesn't seem to be any confirmation of such.)

I guess the best we can hope for at this stage is that Stevie does eventually contribute strong songs to the Mac album and works well with the band once she is present. Hopefully when they tour later this year, the experience will be a positive one and Stevie will feel enthused about contributing to a band album. She needs to be invested in such an undertaking if it's to truly work.
I wonder if Christine will put Stevie in her place like she did on TITN too.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does Christine have false teeth?
Old 05-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
And I simply can not imagine that there is ONE person on the Ledge that isn't able to understand the way you feel. It's unbelievable, really.
I understand maybe some confusion. That's what I feel. But she's not on a s**tlist for me, at least not yet, until I know all the facts. If she's churning out a quick solo album and then participating in fleetwood Mac and its not a tango in the night part 2 situation, then she'd be on the opposite of a s**tlit then.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I understand maybe some confusion. That's what I feel. But she's not on a s**tlist for me, at least not yet, until I know all the facts. If she's churning out a quick solo album and then participating in fleetwood Mac and its not a tango in the night part 2 situation, then she'd be on the opposite of a s**tlit then.
She has said more than once recently that she wants her projects to be shorter, not longer (which I personally think is a good idea for both her and her fans). Maybe she feels like she can get a solo album done in the same amount of time it would take FM to do three of her songs for their album. I'm sure Lindsey can be quick in the studio when he wants to be, but he doesn't always want to be. The band could probably take up as much of her time as she would allow them to; maybe she sees this as a way to do two projects instead of one.

Last edited by MikeInNV; 05-03-2014 at 08:17 PM..
Old 05-03-2014, 06:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think Stevie was honestly already committed to the idea of recording another solo album before all this Christine business.

If they still can't get Stevie to record, out of desperation they could always mention in an interview that Stevie refuses to work with with them and it's her fault there's no new Mac album then just let the media and the fans guilt trip her into recording.

Obviously the quality wouldn't be there, but it would still be a FM record featuring Stevie Nicks.

I wouldn't want that though. I wish Stevie could find some inspiration for Fleetwood Mac. Their late 70s/80s sound is VERY in right now in certain aspects of pop music. If Stevie could just find that passion for the band, they could do some brilliant stuff (and maybe land some Grammy nods).

I'm optimistic though. The band's phrasing still makes it seem like Stevie's still on board, they're just waiting for her to get done with prior engagements - - not that they're unsure if she'll even do anything at all with them.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Registered

Mick is in Maui Now
Old 05-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
someone's clearly sulking in a corner
acting like a child
wasn't she all happy about Chris returning
and Bucky was the one who had reservations?

but what Mike said above ... maybe Stevie is using the time to churn out a new album whilst Lindsey can give Chris his undivided attention and vice versa so they can draw out their sessions together. Then Stevie will be finished her solo album and be ready to come back to Mac land where they can just concentrate solely on her stuff?

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 05-03-2014 at 06:56 PM..