Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2004, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I Know I'm Not Quadrupel Wrong

Well, now we have IKINW 4 times on the reissue. Does anyone have an idea why the original vinyl-version is absent?

Not that I'm complaining. I adore the three versions on the bonus disk. It looks like he had a lot of versions of this one. And builds some melodylines by finding guitarparts that he later uses as vocallines. Beautiful. The instrumental one is amazingly Wilson-like. The NR 12-version rocks my world because of the immediate beginning, and those drumsounds!!! (shoeboxes? Kleenex?)
The nr 17-version links alot towards the late seventies avantgarde ala Talking Heads. Amazing stuff.

What do y'all think?

Old 03-24-2004, 01:24 PM

Wish I could comment, Gerald, but evidently Warners did not press enough disks for me to get one yet.

I maintain it's not that funny.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Wish I could comment, Gerald, but evidently Warners did not press enough disks for me to get one yet.

I maintain it's not that funny.
shall jump on my bike and bring you one?

Old 03-24-2004, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I know you LB lovers are diggin' it, but I'm not! Those 2 extras on the bonus disc were unnecessary, imo - and too similar. We could have had 2 more new songs instead.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shackin'up
shall jump on my bike and bring you one?
Yeah, just don't fall and break it on the way.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Livia
Well, I know you LB lovers are diggin' it, but I'm not! Those 2 extras on the bonus disc were unnecessary, imo - and too similar. We could have had 2 more new songs instead.
Some people are never happy.

Aahhhh... how good it felt to actually be the one who said it.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some people are never happy.
Hee. Well, let's face it, us die-hards will never be completely satisfied, will we? There's always going to be griping about the set list, Stevie's clothes, LB's overinflated ego (yeah, I said it!), the choice of songs on VBO, the re-issues, or whatever, "Waaah, they're not coming to my city for a THIRD time on the next leg..."

Old 03-24-2004, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Hee. Well, let's face it, us die-hards will never be completely satisfied, will we? There's always going to be griping about the set list, Stevie's clothes, LB's overinflated ego (yeah, I said it!), the choice of songs on VBO, the re-issues, or whatever, "Waaah, they're not coming to my city for a THIRD time on the next leg..."

Eh, I see your point, though. I was just teasing.

By the way, did you catch Camper, Cracker and Marah?
Old 03-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I knew you were just kidding...

Uhm - no, as much as I wanted to see everyone you mentioned, I didn't (see my SXSW update thread on chit-chat). My intentions were good, but that's the nature of the SXSW beast - I always make a list, and then never end up sticking to it...but I still saw some great new bands I'd never heard of or seen.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm picking up my discs tomorrow. I'd love to know four versions of IKINW, I'd love to know tig versions of it
Old 03-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I understand that, Livia. I would turn two of them in for unreleased songs, too. But as long as it's there, I think it's great to have a peak in how he worked his *ss off in his bathroom to build that song. And, okay, I can't listen to Stevie singing the same passages for sixteen minutes on a repetive badly played pianochord, and other fans can float on it. I'm glad that they chose some two minute-something sketches of lindsey. And in this case it's around my favorite song.....

On the other hand, the most incredible performance on disk two is Stevie on Storms......

PS: on sxsw: i bet you planned to see a lot and just stayed in one club and got loaded....

or am I totally wrong?

gerald

Old 03-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by shackin'up

PS: on sxsw: i bet you planned to see a lot and just stayed in one club and got loaded....
That's what I would have done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL - That's what usually happens on Wed. nite at the awards show, but I still managed to stumble over to the Saxon Pub that nite.

It was VERY hard to leave Stubb's right before the B-52's, but as I said in my chit-chat post, I've already seen them. And Little Richard is 71 for cryin' out loud! And he was awesome! If it weren't for him, I would have stayed at Stubb's all night. And gotten loaded there.
Old 03-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL - That's what usually happens on Wed. nite at the awards show, but I still managed to stumble over to the Saxon Pub that nite.

It was VERY hard to leave Stubb's right before the B-52's, but as I said in my chit-chat post, I've already seen them. And Little Richard is 71 for cryin' out loud! And he was awesome! If it weren't for him, I would have stayed at Stubb's all night. And gotten loaded there.
Sh*t. Sounds like fun.

Old 03-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hehe.
10 replies and nothing on IKINW. Just talking boozing and biking. Maybe that's what it's all about. Why talk about what a big ego did 26 years ago in his shower. There must be something more important.

i need a drink