Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default type A

Actually I goes I could be considered fidgety, I chew gum, and usually am playing with silly putty (its like plato), just to have something to keep my hands busy. Of couse I guess both are better then smoking (a habit I never got into, have enough trouble breathing with my allergies). I would bet Lindseys are just fidgetty habits due to type A personality.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: type A

Quote:
Originally posted by jadegypsy
Actually I goes I could be considered fidgety, I chew gum, and usually am playing with silly putty (its like plato), just to have something to keep my hands busy. Of couse I guess both are better then smoking (a habit I never got into, have enough trouble breathing with my allergies). I would bet Lindseys are just fidgetty habits due to type A personality.
Yeah, overall, I tend to agree. The way he plays his guitar requires a great deal of physical control, so I think he probably isn't too affected by the mild form of epilepsy he suffers from. Who knows, though?

Old 03-18-2004, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wink Hehe.

Quote:
Originally posted by jadegypsy
(its like plato)
Or Socrates.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Lindsey IS Nervous!!!

Lindsey seems especially nervous on this video!!!
It WAS his idea! He seems to go all nervous around
Mick and Stevie! Lindsey has been lectured in the
past to be nice to Stevie-do not tease her and speak with
a kind voice-so she would work with FMac on TITN!
She had her OWN Successful Career and didn't need it!
Stevie is savy...she's been there and knows what sells!

FYI:
My friend with epilepsey scares me when his hands shake
and he bites on his lips...he chews gum all the time!
He has awfull tension headaches and his body hurts when
he gets tired!!!Jeff B. told the camera around Go
Insane days:"Lindsey needs a lot of peace and quiet!"
Linz recently said he had epilepsey and takes Dylantin!
Two family men dropped over with heart attacks! Sky

Last edited by Cammie; 03-18-2004 at 07:57 PM..
Old 03-19-2004, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Buckingham was quite relaxed in front of the camera. He just has massive energy as compared to the rest of Fleetwood Mac. He's totally focussed. And it was Carol Ann Harris who said he always needed extreme peace and quiet to work. Nothing medical, just his wish.

"Fidgety" is Mick Fleetwood, rubbing his pate and listening to Buckingham's 2-bedroom apartment anecdote in the doc.....

...or expressionless, Stevie Nicks, nervously rubbing her hands together during her "we want Lindsey to be happy.....and don't want to hurt his feelings" speech.......

I was surprised at how Nicks now requires a chair to record her lead vocals....Remember when she cutely would be up and dance when recording"ANGEL" for TUSK? To my recollection, she's the only member you didn't see walking to the plane - or from it.....

Buckingham still stands up to records his vocals, and really gets into the music. He's got the energy of a guy half his age, and looks younger than he is!!.....

Last edited by 4Buck; 03-19-2004 at 01:10 AM..
Old 03-19-2004, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default sitting down

Lindsey records vocals while sitting down also! That is clearly seen on the documentary.
As for the plane, maybe the footage of Stevie was just not shown. How do you think she got onto the plane? Wheelchair? Was she carried by someone? Come on! Stevie has been touring for almost a year now, three to four nights a week. That takes an amazing amount of stamina and energy. I seem to recall it was STevie who wanted to stay and go through the entire set during the rehearsal on the documentary. It was LIndsey who was tired and wanted to go home. They are both in their fifties but have an amazing amount of energy to be able to do what they have done over the last year. Just because Vh1 did not show STevie walking onto the plane does not mean she is too old or too dried up to manage that big feat all by her little self. sheesh. The poor woman never gets a break.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kelly... this poster is best ignored. Just trying to get people fired up is his/her hobby!

Pip
Old 03-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Other than the standing-welcoming intros at the beginning of the doc and the “fish” scene, Nicks is ALWAYS sitting. You didn’t even see her standing full length head on towards the camera in the leather pants everyone was talking about…..She just doesn’t move about the way Buckingham and Fleetwood do. ( I watch a lot of "action" movies. )

We saw in this doc how Fleetwood keeps fit. Good job! And Buckingham must stay in shape and pain-free with swimming. He looks great!

That rare tour rehearsal time Lindsey was tired, I think Nicks just wanted to aggravate Buckingham and do an entire set because he was moving into his new house Besides, she arrived at 2 - probably 6 hours after Buck did.

Buck stated in the doc how he was there 6 days a week from 10-7, (while Nicks was nervously “fidgeting” .) Nicks even crediting Buckingham in an interview last year that he’d actually get in at 8am and stay till 10 at night, while she and the rest of the band would arrive every day at 2. At least she gave the Buck credit, but what could she possibly be doing before 2pm? Not practicing her guitar….not doing the work behind the controls….crocheting, perhaps? Sleeping? For rehearsals, looks like the members basically came in with their voices/instruments, took their places and found a chair while Buckingham also sang, played guitar PLUS engineered, arranged, made big decisions AND supplied the finishing touches…All the problems fell on the Buck, while the rest of the band had too much time to bellyache about how long the length of the album should be…….

But I really loved this documentary…the group still is making it a point to get along….Unfortunately, I think they know that any day, one of them may knock-off – just like that – so no one wants to ruffle any feathers…..

I do commend Nicks' stamina, though...you're right. She's making every show along with high-ocatane Lindsey Buckingham. I never thought she would.
Old 03-19-2004, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 4Buck
That rare tour rehearsal time Lindsey was tired, I think Nicks just wanted to aggravate Buckingham and do an entire set because he was moving into his new house Besides, she arrived at 2 - probably 6 hours after Buck did.
I don't believe Lindsey said he was tired at all. He was merely saying he needed to get home at a decent hour because he and his family were in the middle of a move. But are you suggesting that Stevie was purposely trying to interfere with that out of jealousy?

Quote:
Not practicing her guitar….not doing the work behind the controls….crocheting, perhaps? Sleeping?
To that I might add: Not editing her songs in much need of editing?
Old 03-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ah, yes...you're right about editing also!

Buckingham just said he couldn't rehearse till 10 -- or 9:30 that night. He said he needed rest. He didn't say the reason why but he said he was tired and was sweet about it.....

It was Nicks that stated "I know you're moving into your new house," and continued with "all this is happening..." but still wanted to rehearse a complete set...She wasn't jealous. She may have just wanted fans to see him explode to this suggestion on camera....but he didn't. He pretty much kept his cool throughout the documentary. Or it was edited that way.
No, I do believe the group is getting along now.

I just don't think Nicks should have suggested a 2 to 2-l/2 set rehearsal when he said he was tired. Don't irritate him when he's been working so hard. It's not like he screws off..... But it's no biggie. They compromised and did, or supposedly rehearsed only a half set....I thought that was nice...It's my favorite scene.

Buckinham's WORLD TURNING vocals sound just as good as his original lead vocals on the first album. I can't wait to get the digitally remastered reissue of FLEETWOOD MAC!

Last edited by 4Buck; 03-19-2004 at 12:28 PM..
Old 03-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Junior Ledgie

I was going to say something but nevermind "THE BUCK" blah blah blah What a dumbass conversation
This thread could use a good editor
Old 03-20-2004, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Lindsey IS Nervous!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Cammie

FYI:
My friend with epilepsey scares me when his hands shake
and he bites on his lips...he chews gum all the time!
He has awfull tension headaches and his body hurts when
he gets tired!!!Jeff B. told the camera around Go
Insane days:"Lindsey needs a lot of peace and quiet!"
Linz recently said he had epilepsey and takes Dylantin!
Two family men dropped over with heart attacks! Sky
Heart problems and epilepsy bear no direct relation, as far as I know. And that interview about the dilantin, I think he said that the epi was no problem at all.
Look, if he can work 12 hour days in the studio, is allowed to drive, can do exhausting world tours, the epilepsy hás to be very mild or well-controlled by medication.
You can't do all that if you have a serious epilepsy-problem. You wouldn't have the energy or the concentration.
I've only mild epilepsy, I couldn't do all those things, but neither could a lot of 'healthy' people without getting tired!
I know you probably mean well, but I'd feel embarrassed if I knew my friends were scared of those little twitches & tics. It's not at all scary to experience, so why would someone else have to be. It's only annoying sometimes because it can wear you out if it goes on too long. Don't worry about it
Old 03-20-2004, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by 4Buck
I just don't think Nicks should have suggested a 2 to 2-l/2 set rehearsal when he said he was tired. Don't irritate him when he's been working so hard. It's not like he screws off..... But it's no biggie. They compromised and did, or supposedly rehearsed only a half set....I thought that was nice...It's my favorite scene.
Yeah, but I think she said that because she was quite worried about going out on the road. And I can't blame her. Before the tour started, she gave interviews where she said the band hadn't toured in seven years and they needed a LOT more practice in order to even start back up. Personally, I think it showed that they weren't ready on the majority of the first leg. They only got really good on the second leg, IMO.

Old 03-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
[B]I don't believe Lindsey said he was tired at all. He was merely saying he needed to get home at a decent hour because he and his family were in the middle of a move. But are you suggesting that Stevie was purposely trying to interfere with that out of jealousy?

To that I might add: Not editing her songs in much need of editing?

he said he couldnt stay late, that he needed to go home and rest.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:35 PM

Saying you need rest and you're tired are two different things.