The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-31-2004, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Dance. Better vocals and arrangement. The SYW version has too much damn noodling for my tastes. It just goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...

Old 02-02-2004, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

>>>>Buckingham’s lead vocal is powerful and pretty on this original BLEED TO LOVE HER from THE DANCE. He amazingly sustains his vibrato on the chorus of “bleed to love herrrrrrrr” and the “whoh…ahhh..ahhhhh”…finale like I’ve never heard him sing before!..........Nicks’ harmony is predominantly heard on the chorus here, where as on SAY YOU WILL, Christine McVie’s pipes are prevalent, the latter’s voice which I really prefer in the blend……

>>>On his SAY YOU WILL rendition of BLEED TO LOVE HER, Buckingham is less nasal and sexily almost “breathes” his verses ...which I like, too. His voice on the middle eight is sweeter and clearer than on the more intense DANCE bridge, and the harmony here is not dominated by Nicks as on the DANCE:

Somebody's got to see this through
All the world is laughing at you
Somebody's got to sacrifice
If this whole thing's gonna turn out right

>>>>>>> I never tire of Buckingham’s swirling array of sounds in any piece he performs. The echo-pleasing “And how she takes my breath away (breath away)” is a lovely nuance on SAY YOU WILL…. and his guitar coda doesn’t run out of gas for me, as I like its seemingly infinite mellowness. …………..

Both offerings are so passion-filled…… Sooooo?.......I like the --- I mean ----I love -- Oh, I don’t know, I don’t know…………..
Old 02-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really love The Dance version, because it is live, so there is no restaint or confines. Therefore, you can really feel Lindsey's strong emotions in this version, more so than in the studio version on Say You Will.

~~Don't compromise yourself. You're all you've got.~~ Janis Joplin
Old 02-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I prefer the Dance. There's something about the drum beat on SYW that takes away from the song. There's great emotion in the Dance and great harmony.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Dance version, by far! I love the different rhyhtm, the cleaner lead vocals, and most of all Christine's VERY prominent harmonies.

Song of the moment - The Nightmare
Old 02-06-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess I am the only one that likes the SYW version better. I love Stevie's backup vocals on this song- the raspy "sand-paper" way she sings "I would Bleed to love Her" (for lack of a better term) just gets me every time. And I also love how this is the only song on SYW that you can hear the three-part harmony, with Christine, that make the Mac, the Mac!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 02-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I love the Dance version because of the "whhooooaaa" at the end. I also like Christine's part and Stevie's on "Somebody's got to see this through/all the world is laughing at you."

I do like the guitar coda on SYW and the harmonizing, but as others have mentioned, I detest the drums. So the Dance version it is.