The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned

Besides, I did not use any graphic language. My silly comments over my favorite Stevie Fleetwood Mac song, mixed with my other favorite hobby, was no worse than any suggested jokes you would hear on Late Night TV Talk Shows.

Its just a message board Kennation, calm down, the sun comes up again tomorrow to incase your forgot!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miragex69x View Post
Kennation are you straight, as in hetrosexual? You seem uptight, maybe you need a nice adult toy from your local Adult Novelty Store. I think it will loosen you up and make you happy!

Then PLEASE come back to the board and lecture us all how lucky we are to hear all of the Rumors material again on this Unleashed Tour! I really think you need a job as a spokesperson or public relations manager for the band!
Say what you will, but the moderators will NOT tolerant this long. You need to clean it up, or take it somewhere else. No one here wants to read all that.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
Say what you will, but the moderators will NOT tolerant this long. You need to clean it up, or take it somewhere else. No one here wants to read all that.
How can you speak for the mods?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Because it is outlined, in the rules, that type of behaviour is unacceptable.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
. No one here wants to read all that.
REALLY KENNATION???? You polled and asked EVERYONE on The Ledge their opinion? Thank you so much for spending your sweet time, asking, and speaking for everyone. Bless your soul!!!!!

Old 02-05-2009, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kennation, perhaps the humour in this thread has gone a little wayward but the title of the thread does lend itself to a few comments, rightly or wrongly.

Just a quick question though if I may, are you male or female?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:57 AM
Banned

Some people around here are SO TIGHT they just need a FEW GOOD :
Old 02-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
kennation thinks he can speak for everyone, and has ever since he registered for this board in early December. Three weeks after he joined our community, he drew the lines & boundaries regarding who was a TRUE Fleetwood Mac fan, and who should be banned (mainly those not blindly duplicating his unflinching passion). As for "grey areas", or anything that doesn't fit his rigid, narrow focus of what this message board (joined two months ago) should be about, BAN 'EM!

Last edited by LukeA; 02-05-2009 at 04:07 AM..
Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 AM
Banned

Luke you said it best! I can not stand people like this that think they are in charge, and think they speak for everyone! ESP in a community like this, that has been around since Fleetwood Mac started in 1967 if you want to get to the point.

Golden rule is if you do not like what someone posts, then do not read it! This board is big enough where there are other areas that you can read if you want. People have a right to say what they want, and to say that we can not say something or agree with everything Fleetwood Mac has done is STUPID.

Fleetwood Mac has done more drugs, and had more sex than most people on this board. For Kennation to come on and say we should not make light hearted drug/sex comments is STUPID!

Creatively Fleetwood Mac is at a ALL TIME LOW! They have put out one original album since 1995, if you want to count Time. Most of this board is sick and tired of the usual boring routine. I am excited to be going to so far two Unleashed Shows. But I fear minus like 2 songs, we are going to get the same ole setlist. YAWNNNNN!!!!!

Kennation thinks we should all be excited for them, and we are not true fans if we are not!

Last edited by Miragex69x; 02-05-2009 at 04:19 AM..
Old 02-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think he might be shocked if he went to the archives to read some of the racy things posted on this board in the past. Far, far worse than that poem
Old 02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
kennation thinks he can speak for everyone, and has ever since he registered for this board in early December. Three weeks after he joined our community, he drew the lines & boundaries regarding who was a TRUE Fleetwood Mac fan, and who should be banned (mainly those not blindly duplicating his unflinching passion). As for "grey areas", or anything that doesn't fit his rigid, narrow focus of what this message board (joined two months ago) should be about, BAN 'EM!
Thanks for your insight, but I appreciate a difference of opinion. I was to understand that there are rules to posting. Forgive me if I try to follow them. There are loads of things said that I do not agree with, but I never say, "You can't say that," or "That's just wrong..." Unless they are to the point of being totally against the rules... I just say what my thoughts are. My thought here is that this nasty poem, and disgusting humor is totally against the rules I read, understand, and try to follow. I admit, I have had a difference of opinion than MOST of you, but that is why we are here. Not to make lewd jokes. As long as my posts follow the rules posted then I will continue to post my opinions. Simple.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

I am very sorry if you were offended Kennation. Maybe you might want to re read board etiquette that is under the Chit/Chat section. Here is a snip of it:

Posting: don't be afraid to post! Yes, you will read some inside jokes between members. Yes, people can be sarcastic at times. Don't worry about it. Several of us have been here for years & have met eachother personally, so this is to be expected. It can get vulgar at times, we don't mean to offend (well, most of us don't mean to, anyway. ) Being silly or trying to out-gross eachother is one thing, but outright name-calling, personal attacks & putting people down to demean them is not cool.

I know it's hard to decifer who's kidding & who's not when you're new here - for instance, many of the gay men who've been here a while call eachother queens or homos. That doesn't mean it's OK for a straight homophobic male to start calling everyone a faggot & say they're going to hell. Get it? And don't forget that posting IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS is considered yelling.

Sorry if your offended but I like to poke a little fun sometimes just to be funny. But dear this board is not meant for conservative Church crowd. It does get vulgar and lewd at times, thats just how it is, as its been set in stone.

So have a good day

Last edited by Miragex69x; 02-05-2009 at 08:10 PM..
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miragex69x View Post
Sorry if your offended but I like to poke a little fun sometimes just to be funny. But dear this board is not meant for conservative Church crowd. It does get vulgar and lewd at times, thats just how it is, as its been set in stone.

So have a good day
I appreciate the apology. Meanwhile, isn't that a nice gift from the mom? Maybe FM could sell those types of quilts. I would buy one!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

0_o *is disturbed* And I'm not talking about the quilt...

Really guys? Can't we all just get along, please? We're all here becuase we love Fleetwood Mac or something related. Why not look at the similarites instead of the differences!? You guys can fight if you meet in the real world, but for now...

And I'm not trying to be mean... or single anyoen out. So don't bash me, porfavor... I'm just a kid!

~Rhiya

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 02-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
You know I am very disappointed in this thread. When I saw the title "Mum Helps Son Sleep With Stevie Nicks" I thought, ok so now here's a thread for me. Let me read all about it, email my Mum with the info, and I'll pack my bags for the USA while she's sorting out the details (don't know what I'll do with the missus for the weekend though).

So yes VERY disappointed.
Okay... so that made me laugh. But other than that... :/

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥