The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a friend who has this whole speech about how Lindsey's Go Insane hair is his homage to/response to/improvement upon Lynch's Eraserhead.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Glad someone else loves the 'Go Insane' hair! Lucky you to talk to Lindsey! I'd probably be speechless!
Well, I guess it wasn't really like talking, since we were quite a distance from one another, but I still was very happy.

I consciously do NOT make eye contact with Lindsey, so when he caught my attention I was pretty thrilled. Also, I was glad that he recognized the picture on the shirt. I have another shirt using a picture from Mick's book, with Lindsey's back to the camera and I want to wear it, but I want to make sure Lindsey knows it's him. If he's not going to recognize it, I'd just as soon wear a GOS shirt. Michele
Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

38. Turning "road" into a ten-syllable word.

39. His faith in cycles, and how making an album is like making a movie or painting a picture, and how he and Stevie were a package deal, and his faith in cycles. ISN'T THAT WEIRD??

Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I guess it wasn't really like talking, since we were quite a distance from one another, but I still was very happy.

I consciously do NOT make eye contact with Lindsey, so when he caught my attention I was pretty thrilled. Also, I was glad that he recognized the picture on the shirt. I have another shirt using a picture from Mick's book, with Lindsey's back to the camera and I want to wear it, but I want to make sure Lindsey knows it's him. If he's not going to recognize it, I'd just as soon wear a GOS shirt. Michele
To consciously not make eye contact with Lindsey would be a major effort for me! I'd probably stare at him so long that he'd think something was wrong with me! Are there any shirts from the 'Go Insane' cover? I need one!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Seriously, though. This weekend in Dublin I was blown away by how generous Lindsey was to the fans standing at the stage. All night he was looking down, smiling, pointing, staring into cameras for photographs, making eye contact and funny faces and generally being completely un-aloof and giving so much of himself. I was completely unprepared for that. I would never have dreamed of being so close to him, let alone to be sharing even the briefest smile with him -- and he gave me and the other fans at his side of the stage so much more than a brief smile. I hope he knows just how mind-blowingly stonking happy that made us
Old 10-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Seriously, though. This weekend in Dublin I was blown away by how generous Lindsey was to the fans standing at the stage. All night he was looking down, smiling, pointing, staring into cameras for photographs, making eye contact and funny faces and generally being completely un-aloof and giving so much of himself. I was completely unprepared for that. I would never have dreamed of being so close to him, let alone to be sharing even the briefest smile with him -- and he gave me and the other fans at his side of the stage so much more than a brief smile. I hope he knows just how mind-blowingly stonking happy that made us
I'm so glad to hear that Lindsey was so great to all of you. It's good that he is showing fans his appreciation!
Old 10-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
Fact..

40. His arm around his neck while he's singing Save Me A Place for the Tusk Documentary.. oh.. oh my!

41. The fact that he inspired some of my favourite songs of all time.. and wrote a few of them aswel!

"If you see somebody running down the street naked every single day, you stop looking up."- Stephanie Lynn Nicks
Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The followin video. Had me in knots first time I saw it.
haha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnhV...layer_embedded

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 10-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAMagnet View Post
Fact..

40. His arm around his neck while he's singing Save Me A Place for the Tusk Documentary.. oh.. oh my!
Where is this Tusk documentary?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:54 PM
Ledgie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TElW2xIEfFI

"If you see somebody running down the street naked every single day, you stop looking up."- Stephanie Lynn Nicks
Old 10-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^Wow. Why isn't that documentary available? That was GREAT. Embarassed: I was totally drooling.

Old 10-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^^ Join the club Sooooo good to see that again.

The Tusk doc isn't available commercially but loads of traders, including myself, will be more than happy to trade you a copy. Email me if you're interested
Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

43. Speaking of smexy Lindsey gestures ... the hand-spidery-fingers .... thing that he does on this tour during Say You Love Me, on "You woo me until the sun comes up". It had me in a giggling heap on the floor. And I'm not quite sure why.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigYourGrave View Post

The followin video. Had me in knots first time I saw it.
haha!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnhV...layer_embedded
I love it!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Lindsey in This is the time 1992 Live

For me, Lindsey's This is the Time 1992. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlkQpPbA2Mo
So many Lindsyisms including his eye movement, pout, abrupt movements with his body and arms. Its AMAZING. I also love the filmclip for Wrong.