Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I think the way Bob Welch
was treated was beyond foul. Not letting him in the HOF
And anyone thinking Christine is sweet and innocent is naive. Lindsey's firing just makes her look as cold and calculating as Wendy portrayed her to be. I guess I was one of those people too, but I'm beginning to see the light.

Last edited by jwd; 10-31-2018 at 09:19 PM..
Old 10-31-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
And anyone thinking Christine is sweet and innocent is naive. Lindsey's firing just makes her look as cold and calculating as Wendy portrayed her to be. I guess I was one of those people too, but I'm beginning to see the light.
I agree with this. And Chris was ALWAYS my favorite. She's done nothing to prove her worth as a human being, at least that we've seen.

I never dreamed I'd write those words.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree with this. And Chris was ALWAYS my favorite. She's done nothing to prove her worth as a human being, at least that we've seen.

If you think about it though, anyone who would **** around with Dennis Wilson, in the shape he was in at that time, had to have some issues. Don't you think?
Old 10-31-2018, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you think about it though, anyone who would **** around with Dennis Wilson, in the shape he was in at that time, had to have some issues. Don't you think?
I figured she was just enjoying her new found millions, and whoring around.

But you're right. That's not a decision any kind of adult would make, being with a lunatic like him.

NONE of them ever appeared to be good at making decent life decisions. Lindsey(now, not then) is probably the most sane of them all.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I figured she was just enjoying her new found millions, and whoring around.

But you're right. That's not a decision any kind of adult would make, being with a lunatic like him.

NONE of them ever appeared to be good at making decent life decisions. Lindsey(now, not then) is probably the most sane of them all.

Chris was always a sucker for good looking MEN. I still remember how she fumbled presenting with Bob Seger at an awards show. I just knew it was Bob making her nervous.

I've lost track of all of Dick's love affairs/marriages!
Old 10-31-2018, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Chris was always a sucker for good looking MEN. I still remember how she fumbled presenting with Bob Seger at an awards show. I just knew it was Bob making her nervous.

I've lost track of all of Dick's love affairs/marriages!
Makes me wonder which band member has the highest.... tally? I'd guess $tevie, then Chris, then Dick?

I never thought of Lindsey or John as being whores.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Makes me wonder which band member has the highest.... tally? I'd guess $tevie, then Chris, then Dick?

I never thought of Lindsey or John as being whores.

Dick has to be the biggest WHORE of them all! I'm surprised you ranked them that way! Are you ok tonight?!
Old 10-31-2018, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Dick has to be the biggest WHORE of them all! I'm surprised you ranked them that way! Are you ok tonight?!
But Dick is FUGLY! At least Christine and $tevie were beautiful. Who'd want to sleep with Dick? Nasty ho's.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But Dick is FUGLY! At least Christine and $tevie were beautiful. Who'd want to sleep with Dick? Nasty ho's.
Are you calling Stevie and Sara nasty hos?!
Old 10-31-2018, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you calling Stevie and Sara nasty hos?!
Well, sometimes people are guilty by default.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Chris is the puzzle piece for me. Did she sign a contract and couldn't get out of it? Maybe she figured Lindsey would "understand" somehow? She's known Mick forever and probably feels closer to him than anyone else. I don't know. She's always been the no nonsense one to me. If Mick, Stevie and John agreed to fire Lindsey then informed Chris later wasn't she pissed off that they kind of decided for her? I read somewhere that she left or was ticked off for a week then came around. I wish I knew more about her role in this. Could be that I know what her role is and just don't understand it. Lindsey made her promise not to leave again so I guess she's keeping her promise....

She looked so uncomfortable in that CBS interview. I don't get it.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always figured dude had to be...uhhh....well endowed in order to be as popular with the ladies as he is whilst having the look he does. Those old pics of him...agggghhh he looks greasy as hell
Old 11-01-2018, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I always figured dude had to be...uhhh....well endowed in order to be as popular with the ladies as he is whilst having the look he does. Those old pics of him...agggghhh he looks greasy as hell
He's the Great Dark Wing. Just height itself can be very potent.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Great Dark Wing

I think Stevie uses Mick. Oh, I am sure she cares for him and did back then too, but I believe he shielded her from "The Big, Bad Wolf" after their break-up. She ran to Mick to protect her and be on her side.

In her own words....nothing ever changes.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I think Stevie uses Mick. Oh, I am sure she cares for him and did back then too, but I believe he shielded her from "The Big, Bad Wolf" after their break-up. She ran to Mick to protect her and be on her side.

In her own words....nothing ever changes.
Mind blown... that’s something I never considered. Especially since Mick was the head of the band and it’s manager at that point. Shrewd move indeed, especially considering a few years earlier how the band only wanted Lindsey, and Stevie became a member only upon Lindsey’s request. He could have easily shoved her out in ‘76-‘77.

Regarding John & Lindsey not being as “amorous” as Mick & Stevie, didn’t the famous groupie Sweet Connie claim to have bedded them both? If they planted their poles in her, I’m thinking they weren’t exactly puritans. They were probably just more discreet about their conquests.