User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Mick Fleetwood and Christine McVie have confirmed they chose to ditch Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac due to his feud with ex-lover Stevie Nicks.

Lindsey left the band acrimoniously last year, and later claimed he had been kicked out of the band by Stevie, 70, who he alleged took exception to his “smirking” behaviour at a MusiCares benefit concert and refused to share a stage with him ever again.

Comparing the warring duo’s relationship to Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton’s tempestuous marriages, the group’s leader Mick told Britain’s Mojo magazine, “Support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging.”

The veteran drummer disagreed that the group’s guitarist was fired, but did admit the famed guitarist was forced out due to the animosity between him and his one-time lover.

Mick, 71, explained: “The truth is, call it what you want, a parting of company took place, and it had to take place, and it was supported by the remaining band members around something that for sure was a major problem to two people – Lindsey and Stevie.”

Christine, 75, collaborated on a joint album with her former colleague as recently as 2017, believed the rest of the group had to “make a choice” as she feared for their future if action wasn’t taken.

“It was the only route we could take, because there was too much animosity between certain members of the band at that point, there was just no way it could’ve gone on as a five-piece, a group with Lindsey in the band. So it was either just completely break up the band or make the best of it,” she confessed.

The 69-year-old initially sued his old bandmates, but the case was settled in December, leading to him expressing a willingness to return to the Fleetwood Mac fold if invited. However, he underwent open heart surgery last month and is now recovering.

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...vie-nicks-feud
Confirming what we already knew since day 1: a Stevie vs. Lindsey feud. Even though many people didn’t want to believe it.
And Mick and Christine held Stevie responsible.

This is how you treat family....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ooh la la. Thanks for posting.

This confirms what we thought. Not all members of the band were mad at him. There's no secret heinous conduct by Lindsey that they have been concealing for the world's sake, which would justify his ouster. No magic elixir which will prove that Stevie, as always, is absolved of all guilt and responsibility.

It was the age old feud between Lindsey and Stevie and they backed the money horse, no matter how much Lindsey had given to them from the seventies to the present. Christine's comment that they either had to kick him out or disband says it all. Well, gee how could you possibly disband when all that money was lying on the table. Better to stab Lindsey in the back and go on with the show.
And do their last tour without him....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-18-2019, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

All they had to do was walk away from the tour talk for a year and Stevie and Lindsey would have come to some sort of compromise by necessity. Stevie wanted to tour as much as anyone. She wants the money. She would have gotten over the fight and come to the table, if they waited it out. Little Bo Peep's Sheep. Leave them alone and they'll come home, wagging their tales behind them. And if she didn't, then perhaps it was time for them to disband and go out with the legacy intact.

But no. No loyalty. No shame. No conscience.

At least they've stopped lying, for the minute. Of course, I haven't read the entire interview yet. They're probably still lying up a storm in other ways.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All they had to do was walk away from the tour talk for a year and Stevie and Lindsey would have come to some sort of compromise by necessity.
That's the first thing that occurred to me. There's a fight (gosh, a fight in Fleetwood Mac?), so you send the two parties to neutral corners for six months. Big deal!

Something is still odd to me here—maybe because I don't think Stevie's as pathological as some of my colleagues think here. If she's disgusted with Lindsey and she's just finished a fabulous solo tour, why didn't she tell Fleetwood Mac, "Sorry, I'm not doing this anymore. I'm going back on the road with the Pretenders or Don Henley or one of my other famous pals who can sell out arenas with me"?

Or DID she tell them that, and they panicked and sacrificed Lindsey at that point in order to keep the band's tour intact? "Stevie! Wait! What if we fire him? Will you stay? Is there anyone you'd want to replace him? Name your terms."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-18-2019, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That's the first thing that occurred to me. There's a fight (gosh, a fight in Fleetwood Mac?), so you send the two parties to neutral corners for six months. Big deal!

Something is still odd to me here—maybe because I don't think Stevie's as pathological as some of my colleagues think here. If she's disgusted with Lindsey and she's just finished a fabulous solo tour, why didn't she tell Fleetwood Mac, "Sorry, I'm not doing this anymore. I'm going back on the road with the Pretenders or Don Henley or one of my other famous pals who can sell out arenas with me"?

Or DID she tell them that, and they panicked and sacrificed Lindsey at that point in order to keep the band's tour intact? "Stevie! Wait! What if we fire him? Will you stay? Is there anyone you'd want to replace him? Name your terms."
I think the latter. That’s why I always blamed Muck more- I think it was his saying what you wrote at the end that did it. She just issued him or me.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-18-2019, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't think she ever thought about leaving the band. She wanted to punish him. She wanted to show him how she was touring with the band while he wasn't.

Sorry about my #negativity.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree, something is odd about that interview, or the part that we saw. Things are not adding up completely for me, maybe the entire interview would help.

1. Why was Christine so mad initially and claimed she didn't know, and why did she tell Lindsey that it wasn't her doing? Now she is saying that she did know, and helped make the decision? I think she was told what was happening and she didn't stand up for Lindsey. And maybe now is paying the price by having to "tow the company line."
2. Why did Azoff tell Lindsey that Stevie gave the ultimatum, "him or me?" So now the whole band is saying that it was all of them? Are they that afraid of Stevie, or are they just trying to look like a cohesive group?

I think Stevie was the instigator, the rest of them idiot followers with no backbone to stand up to her. It still stinks like garbage. You don't do that to a friend/family member.

Thus, the legacy is killed, the loyalty is dead, and they all look like fools.

This made me more angry at them than ever......................

Last edited by lovethemac1; 03-18-2019 at 07:10 PM..
Old 03-18-2019, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SMIRKED: The Lindsey Buckingham Story
Old 03-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These people just continue to gross me out. I’ve not been one to be on the “poor Christine she was blindsided” horse that has gone around here for the last year. The McVie’s were just as complicit as the other two in firing Lindsey.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Genius!

He shouldn’t have smirked — Stevie should have that engraved on her tombstone

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you for the sense of humor.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

So Mick and Christine are out doing marginal press at best for this tour, answer questions and essentially taking the hit for Stevie too. Creating a nice little buffer for her from reality. Sure they are pointing fingers her way too (very delicately or she will kick them out too--they still have EU and AU/NZ to get thru), but she doesn't have to answer anything. Do the rest of them think they can just knock on LB's door when the tour is over and say "Stevie made us do it---hope we can still be friends" And how does she look at herself in the mirror knowing she orchestrated (in all likelihood) the demise of the rest of the bands friendships/relationships with Lindsey. I guess when you can go home and count your millions, it doesn't matter? Morally corrupt people
Old 03-18-2019, 09:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
So Mick and Christine are out doing marginal press at best for this tour, answer questions and essentially taking the hit for Stevie too. Creating a nice little buffer for her from reality. Sure they are pointing fingers her way too (very delicately or she will kick them out too--they still have EU and AU/NZ to get thru), but she doesn't have to answer anything. Do the rest of them think they can just knock on LB's door when the tour is over and say "Stevie made us do it---hope we can still be friends" And how does she look at herself in the mirror knowing she orchestrated (in all likelihood) the demise of the rest of the bands friendships/relationships with Lindsey. I guess when you can go home and count your millions, it doesn't matter? Morally corrupt people

As michele pointed out, what this whole sorry affair proves is that it was always a lie. They are not friends. They don’t care about each other. It’s not even about the music.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All they had to do was walk away from the tour talk for a year and Stevie and Lindsey would have come to some sort of compromise by necessity. Stevie wanted to tour as much as anyone. She wants the money. She would have gotten over the fight and come to the table, if they waited it out. Little Bo Peep's Sheep. Leave them alone and they'll come home, wagging their tales behind them. And if she didn't, then perhaps it was time for them to disband and go out with the legacy intact.

But no. No loyalty. No shame. No conscience.

At least they've stopped lying, for the minute. Of course, I haven't read the entire interview yet. They're probably still lying up a storm in other ways.

except he didn't ASK them to give him a year. He may have initially at some point put that out there (we still don't really know) but he had pulled back from that and was asking about doing his solo shows between the long break between shows the HMQ needs to rest her voice.

The whole thing is a reeking lie.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
As michele pointed out, what this whole sorry affair proves is that it was always a lie. They are not friends. They don’t care about each other. It’s not even about the music.
Been that way for a long time.

In reality, they probably should have broken up after Tusk-- it was so difficult for those two to keep working together, they were going in different musical directions, they had vastly different ideas about playing the fame game, etc.

But they stayed together-- which is on all 5 of them-- because of the money. Lindsey grudgingly reined in his more adventurous side and Stevie cut short her Bella Donna tour and they eased the strain with their separate limos, separate hotels, bags of coke, whatever. Stevie has no interest in making music if it doesn't make her money, Lindsey has the privilege of wealth to not maybe need the money so much but his ego cares about how many albums he sells....

And the Brits, well, they follow the money trail too.

Such a sh*tshow.