Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
It's time to say goodnight...and finally turn out the lights....
Well I don't care if the band goes down,
kick the Bucks and McVie's around...
Old 03-20-2019, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Perhaps the band wouldn't do the knocking, but Christine herself might. If Stevie wants to keep Fleetwood Mac a strictly touring band, Chris may decide that she wants to write and record more songs, and Lindsey's her obvious option.

Stevie: “What we do is go on the road, do a ton of shows and make lots of money. We have a lot of fun. Making a record isn’t all that much fun.”

Christine has always shared Lindsey's sentiment that studio work is more satisfying and enjoyable than live performance. A permanent state of touring might not be Christine's idea of fun.
I wonder he would think now that she's made these comments? He's a better man than me if he could overlook the backstabbing.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I will say this : Lindsey did the same sentiment and lines when Christine left. He felt they were more open as a 4 piece. Best music they've ever done. Best they've ever gotten along. More masculine sound, burning bridges... etc blah blah blah blah blah

I just have a problem with the way they let him go, and the fact that they let $tevie control the band. She has enough control and they gave her more.

Farewell Mac...
Her music never sounded that great live anyway. 33% more room. Oh he had loads to say. But he felt she walked away and he was bitter. What is she bitter about?
Old 03-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

i think the RRHOF induction will just make her more insufferable. the fact that it's for her solo work (much of which is comprised -- certainly so for bella donna-- of songs she had in her collection since before FM, songs that LB worked on and created the basic format of how they should be recorded already.., like that's alright, sorcerer, candle bright, and on and on) will let her pretend she did it all herself or with jimmy. jimmy himself said when he started working with her she had no idea about anything because she let lindsey do everything (so she could dance around and have fun).
Yeah. She said he thinks she’s all play and no work and she thinks he is just the opposite.

He would show her a bar and she would say, “you mean that bar down the street,” to his chagrin, she said.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see this a bit different. Mick and Christine playing both sides. We didn’t fire Lindsey, he had to leave because of the toxicity between him and Stevie and retaining Stevie was in the best financial interest of the stakeholders.

Mick says how could we fire him after all he has done for the band? This is just what was best for everyone.

They both know this run is done in September and Lindsey is always willing to make new music. They can play that card with him and then still have an income stream in a smaller Mac at the mid size theatre level with Lindsey if Stevie bails post September.

Playing both sides of the track.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
well, it will be interesting to see what the queen has to say at her hall of fame induction in about a week's time. she can thank jimmy for, in her own words, "handing me my solo career" but really, she should thank lindsey for handing her her career, period. even tom admitted that lindsey remains her best producer, and that there were many times tom was confronted with her droning demos and couldn't figure what the hell to do with them when lindsey then came and knew exactly what to do with them.

chris also has said that she wouldn't know what to do with stevie's songs and that when stevie tried to explain what she was trying to do with a song chris "had no idea" what stevie was saying, but that lindsey would just totally get it and be able to translate her non technical incoherence into something musicians could understand.

in many ways stevie, who likes to think she is her own magnificent creation, is really (in the studio at least) the creation of other, more talented people who take her raw scraps, shape them, and tell her what and how to sing. lindsey has said that really, based on the amount of work he did on so much of her material, that many of them should in fact be credited as co-writes. but her ego would never stand for that.

i think the RRHOF induction will just make her more insufferable. the fact that it's for her solo work (much of which is comprised -- certainly so for bella donna-- of songs she had in her collection since before FM, songs that LB worked on and created the basic format of how they should be recorded already.., like that's alright, sorcerer, candle bright, and on and on) will let her pretend she did it all herself or with jimmy. jimmy himself said when he started working with her she had no idea about anything because she let lindsey do everything (so she could dance around and have fun).
I don’t think she will mention him. Maybe it will be a “Mick, Christine, John and Lindsey” thanks. That’s all.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I see this a bit different. Mick and Christine playing both sides. We didn’t fire Lindsey, he had to leave because of the toxicity between him and Stevie and retaining Stevie was in the best financial interest of the stakeholders.

Mick says how could we fire him after all he has done for the band? This is just what was best for everyone.

They both know this run is done in September and Lindsey is always willing to make new music. They can play that card with him and then still have an income stream in a smaller Mac at the mid size theatre level with Lindsey if Stevie bails post September.

Playing both sides of the track.
No matter how we perceive it. Lindsey said he was fired. He was there, not us.

Lindsey hasn’t said a word since his heart surgery. It doesn’t look good for new music.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-20-2019, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I agree. But I see Mick and Christine trying to move the narrative and hedge their bets.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

Lindsey hasn’t said a word since his heart surgery. It doesn’t look good for new music.
I think it’s premature to conclude that now.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Oh I agree. But I see Mick and Christine trying to move the narrative and hedge their bets.
How could Lindsey want to play with them again? While the entire lot is despicable, after this interview, I am finding mick and Christine more disgusting than ever, and more disgusting than Stevie I am optimistic and hopeful that he will fully recover, but I truly hope he doesn’t give them the time of day.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a disgusting group of people. I have not listened to their music in over a year, they make me sick. ALL OF THEM NOW, except LB of course. GROSS.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What a disgusting group of people. I have not listened to their music in over a year, they make me sick. ALL OF THEM NOW, except LB of course. GROSS.
I'm doing a nice package of every Stevie's memorabilia I have (vinyls, CDs, magazines, books) because I'm a collector. I'm thinking about tossing it into the garbage. Too much trouble and time to try to sell it.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Mick Fleetwood and Christine McVie have confirmed they chose to ditch Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac due to his feud with ex-lover Stevie Nicks.

Lindsey left the band acrimoniously last year, and later claimed he had been kicked out of the band by Stevie, 70, who he alleged took exception to his “smirking” behaviour at a MusiCares benefit concert and refused to share a stage with him ever again.

Comparing the warring duo’s relationship to Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton’s tempestuous marriages, the group’s leader Mick told Britain’s Mojo magazine, “Support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging.”

The veteran drummer disagreed that the group’s guitarist was fired, but did admit the famed guitarist was forced out due to the animosity between him and his one-time lover.

Mick, 71, explained: “The truth is, call it what you want, a parting of company took place, and it had to take place, and it was supported by the remaining band members around something that for sure was a major problem to two people – Lindsey and Stevie.”

Christine, 75, collaborated on a joint album with her former colleague as recently as 2017, believed the rest of the group had to “make a choice” as she feared for their future if action wasn’t taken.

“It was the only route we could take, because there was too much animosity between certain members of the band at that point, there was just no way it could’ve gone on as a five-piece, a group with Lindsey in the band. So it was either just completely break up the band or make the best of it,” she confessed.

The 69-year-old initially sued his old bandmates, but the case was settled in December, leading to him expressing a willingness to return to the Fleetwood Mac fold if invited. However, he underwent open heart surgery last month and is now recovering.

https://canoe.com/entertainment/musi...vie-nicks-feud
then why sit there and say nothing while Stevie told a big fat lie on tv that it was all about touring schedules? Spineless money grubbers.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
then why sit there and say nothing while Stevie told a big fat lie on tv that it was all about touring schedules? Spineless money grubbers.
Because Mick's kids will be eating nothing but frozen pizzas for the rest of their lives if he doesn't toe the Stevie line. The second she said she wanted to twirl around her living room for the next 10 years, we all knew she orchestrated this, yet so many people were digging thru the archives to pin the blame on anyone but her. Her band mates just did it. albeit 12 months too late.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Her music never sounded that great live anyway. 33% more room. Oh he had loads to say. But he felt she walked away and he was bitter. What is she bitter about?
Lawsuit, blind loyalty, senile.