Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgikallaroundme View Post
Do you really want me to?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Carol7lynn, you brought up some good points, and you aren't even reading the book.

I worked on it again last night. I gotta tell you, reading it word-by-word is hard....in fact, to me, it's sickening. I don't know if I will be able to finish it.

I've heard of "tooting ones own horn" but this girl (Carol Ann), is like a Disney cartoon heroine (think: Little Mermaid/Jasmine/Belle), so sweet so innocent, etc. etc. And the way she talks (it is a first person narrative) - well, I just ain't buying it. To me, the book is more fantasy -- hers.

The one point that is coming through (for me) is the comparison of Fleetwood Mac to Elvis's Memphis Mafia. The way she describes the workings of the inner circle, remind me of the books I read about him.

Come to think of it, CAH's book reminds me of the one Elvis's stepmother, Dee wrote. Both books are not a third person's candid observation ... they are definitely fantasy literature.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
And the way she talks (it is a first person narrative) - well, I just ain't buying it. To me, the book is more fantasy -- hers.
From what I've read on the board, that sounds like you're hitting the nail on the head.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I notice that CA constantly feels the need to recount little conversations where Lindsey calls her "My Angel". In the four chapters I have read so far, she must have made that point ten times already.
Oh yuk...!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it looks like ****, smells like ****, well guess what? it's ****!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

ok...excerpts of drugs and rocknroll ...where is the SEX?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

i haven't read the book but from what's been posted here, i don't think anybody can discount a 7 year relationship. i don't think it was all good & maybe most of it was bad. i do believe she was innocent when it started as lb has said himself in some interviews. something to the effect that he felt guilty or responsible because she didn't know anything when he met her. i believe that. & because of that, he probably did call her his angel. & for her, he was the love of her life.

i think she wrote this because she's hurt to this day that he married someone else but mostly because she's never gotten over him. it must be hard to love someone for so long after miscarrying his baby & spending 7 years of her life living with, coming out the other side with a major drug problem & issues that obviously have never gone away. i put myself in that position, of being 19 or 20 & finding myself involved with a rock legend & all that goes along with it. the money is only a fraction of what was being passed around in drugs, fame & f__king around. that would mess anyone up. & it was nice he bought her a condo & helped her get on her feet after it was over but i can't imagine coming out that other side with an addiction & heartbreak all the same time. so i cut her some slack. stevie has dissed lb way more than ca ever has. why is it ok for her? & one more thing. do you think the so-called spec of stevie & the collapse of lb's relationships had something to do with stevie trying to ruin them by saying "we slept together while he was with so and so?" even if it wasn't true, she was always around planting seeds that would upset any relationship. she didn't want him but didn't want anyone else to have him. unfair playing, wouldn't you say?

Last edited by Michelle Daya; 07-03-2007 at 02:37 PM..
Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One thing that is completely off is her recollection of Lindsey's illness during the Rumours tour. She says it all took place in 1977, the big collapse and the subsequent spinal tap and him having to take medication three times a day, every day.

She mentions her being the one that looked out for him and made sure he took his pills, she even talks about this when she describes the events of the 1978 AMA awards, which were in January of that year. She talks about being the one that had to do all the damage control during that time, because the band didn't care about Lindsey.

But guess what? Lindsey's collapse and everything else that followed didn't happen until the summer of 1978. 6 months after all the award shows.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess none of us will ever know what REALLY happened. I guess the thing to do is let her 15 minutes of fame run it's course and we'el be done withe her
Old 07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Michelle Daya
This message has been deleted by Michelle Daya.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

At best, this is white trash summer reading.
Unfortunately, this book represents a woman who needs serious therapy.
It's 2007 and she's still trying to make money off of Lindsey Buckingham!
FM fans should not waste money on this garbage.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
At best, this is white trash summer reading.
Unfortunately, this book represents a woman who needs serious therapy.
It's 2007 and she's still trying to make money off of Lindsey Buckingham!
FM fans should not waste money on this garbage.
he made money off her in his comp's... turnabout is fair play...
Old 07-04-2007, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Between reading the posts here and on Stevie's forum, I stand by what I said; the woman is an amoral, back-stabbing, self-aggrandizing wanna-be, who lives off the talents/largesse of others.

For those nay-sayers then riddle me this: Who on earth could feel sorry for some one who essentially broke into the music business by bootlegging concert albums and has the audacity to get all self-righteous because Stevie, surreptitiously taped an intimate "I'd like to tell you why you are the right one for Lindsey" conversation with her? Not me. She got what she asked for. What goes around comes around.

I personally could care less whether or not she did or did not have a relationship with LB. I have a problem with her motivation for essentially spreading thirty year old gossip about a band she was never a part of and a man she never married. The Christine underwear story was not only tastelessly unnecessary, it was just plain wrong, wrong, wrong. Didn't this woman also sleep with Christine's one-time boyfriend Dennis Wilson? I sense a pattern here fueled by a hidden agenda. This delusional psycho is out to make the women of FWM look bad so she can, by comparison, wash away her own sins. Out Out Damn Spot!

CarolC
Old 07-04-2007, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
Didn't this woman also sleep with Christine's one-time boyfriend Dennis Wilson?
She denies this. She also denies still being on coke once she left Lindsey, as was alluded to in the 'Lonely Guy' article. She also downplayed the amount of coke she consumed, said she only did some on the road and claims she was surprised when Lindsey wrote in his song 'little girl, leave the little drug alone'.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Sounds logical that she would deny or down-play her problems while pointing out other people's flaws/weaknesses. I read somewhere that Lindsey paid for her rehab and bought her a house and may or may not have paid her some palimony.

Does it mention who the ghost writer was? Sounds like they didn't do a very good job of fact checking as posters have reported glaring inaccuracies.

CarolC
Old 07-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Ledgie

Default you're all going to kill me.....

i'm sure you are all going to kick me off the lindsey forum but i'm going to put my two cents in anyway.

i really think some of you are really going out of your way to discredit this women claiming that most of what she writes can't be true because you just might be afraid that some of it is true. look, i love lindsey's music as much as the next person around here but let's face it - the guy was not a saint. we all know he's had an anger management problem in the past. whether it was due to drugs, alcohol or other medications he might have been on for medical conditions, youth - i don't know. i tend to believe that some of what she says has a basis in truth. she claims that christine was even a witness to some of the abuse. you never know what goes on behind the closed doors of people's homes although a few of you seem to think you were there. a combination of drugs and/or alcohol can make people do strange or horrible things.

i'm glad that he finally seems happy with children now and seems to love kristen very much. maybe the lack of drugs, alcohol and aging finally calmed him down. i can only hope so for the sake of his children that this is the case.

she lives in the united states where she has the freedom of press. she's entitled to write the story of life if she wants to. i'm sure that some of lindsey's songs that he's published and made money from are written about/for her.

okay, ready - aim - fire....