User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-16-2018, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Interview With Manager Of Fritz And Buckingham Nicks

http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/interview-davidforest

Apparently, under a pseudonym, Fritz released a single in 1968: https://www.discogs.com/Sincerely-Sa...lease/10001338. Here's the B-side, with Lindsey on lead vocal and Stevie on backing vocal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrEX9fHqcVQ

It sounds as though Lindsey and Stevie dated casually toward the end of Fritz in 1970, and then seriously after the band's breakup in 1971: "They began while Fritz was together but didn’t get really ‘heavy’ until after the breakup." How a couple can stay together for five years without getting married baffles me. I wonder whether Lindsey ever proposed. I wonder whether Stevie got pregnant and Lindsey wanted to keep the baby and get married, but she chose to do neither.

In the end, their manager came to view Buckingham Nicks as too mellow (the album is somewhat folky, which frankly is very much to my taste): "They were meant to be rock and rollers. Buckingham Nicks was just not hard enough. The public loved them as rock stars with Fleetwood Mac." "Stevie and Lindsey on their own were so much better than Fritz, and, of course, Stevie and Lindsey as part of Fleetwood Mac was the BOMB."

Last edited by cbBen; 12-16-2018 at 08:48 AM..
Old 12-16-2018, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting article. I always thought Stevie and Lindsey were together before Fritz broke up. I love the line "Stevie had affairs" LOL.

Also interesting that the group resented Stevie getting all the attention. It's something she mentioned many times, but this proves it. I always thought a lot of Stevie's anger towards Lindsey was because of this, but it sounds more like it was Javier and Brian.

Thanks for this article. Very good find.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 12-17-2018, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool find! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-17-2018, 03:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

This is a really interesting read. Thank you for sharing, cbBen.

I wonder if Stevie ever thought to get back in touch with David Forest over the years (I would wonder about LB too, but David stated they weren't close even then, so highly unlikely). It sounds like he did a lot of work for them to get them prepped to join FM. I guess there are always the forgotten people behind the scenes, and in early years, who help stars get to where they are now.

Great find - thanks again.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
I guess there are always the forgotten people behind the scenes, and in early years, who help stars get to where they are now.
Not for Tom Petty. One manager for life. Remained loyal even after he made it big and could have moved on to a bigger player in the industry.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Not for Tom Petty. One manager for life. Remained loyal even after he made it big and could have moved on to a bigger player in the industry.
Not at all surprised to learn that. Classy to the end.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
http://www.buckinghamnicks.info/interview-davidforest

Apparently, under a pseudonym, Fritz released a single in 1968: https://www.discogs.com/Sincerely-Sa...lease/10001338. Here's the B-side, with Lindsey on lead vocal and Stevie on backing vocal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrEX9fHqcVQ

It sounds as though Lindsey and Stevie dated casually toward the end of Fritz in 1970, and then seriously after the band's breakup in 1971: "They began while Fritz was together but didn’t get really ‘heavy’ until after the breakup." How a couple can stay together for five years without getting married baffles me. I wonder whether Lindsey ever proposed. I wonder whether Stevie got pregnant and Lindsey wanted to keep the baby and get married, but she chose to do neither.

In the end, their manager came to view Buckingham Nicks as too mellow (the album is somewhat folky, which frankly is very much to my taste): "They were meant to be rock and rollers. Buckingham Nicks was just not hard enough. The public loved them as rock stars with Fleetwood Mac." "Stevie and Lindsey on their own were so much better than Fritz, and, of course, Stevie and Lindsey as part of Fleetwood Mac was the BOMB."
this was Nicole's interview from few years ago, pretty sure she posted it on here before. she did a great job!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"