User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Go Insane is still among my favorite albums. So, for me he hit earlier. But no I don't like Law and Order.
I think Law is the one truly alternative album Lindsey ever made. It's a whoopie cushion (I borrow the trope from Steve Simels) with no relationship to anything in the culture in 1981—like Tusk before it, it's an actual alternative to the popular music world at that time.

Even Lindsey's staunchest fans listen to his later albums and cite other favorites of theirs as being similar in style, sonics, or atmosphere. But nobody ever said Law sounded like something else in the pop world at that time. (The same holds largely true for Tusk.) LB really and truly created an alternative work that first time out. Completely original (even the style of its '40s and '50s covers is unlike anybody else's), Law is also—luckily for me—the funniest and bounciest, which is why it's my favorite.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-05-2014, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think Law is the one truly alternative album Lindsey ever made. It's a whoopie cushion (I borrow the trope from Steve Simels) with no relationship to anything in the culture in 1981—like Tusk before it, it's an actual alternative to the popular music world at that time.
Actually, when I was talking about Law and Order and wondering if I should immerse again, I thought about you, because I remember you've always considered it a stand out.

Michele
Old 04-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Law and Order !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Actually, when I was talking about Law and Order and wondering if I should immerse again, I thought about you, because I remember you've always considered it a stand out.

Michele
Include us girls Too!!!

Hi David,
We miss your wonderful posts from the "old-days"!
Love...Skylark and Cammie