Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Dawn French was a very funny Stevie with Jennifer Saunders doing a mean Christine.....as I remember.
That spoof is the. funniest thing ever!!

Also, "I should be so lucky!!" "lucky lucky lucky"
Old 03-23-2019, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
What if Stevie’s ultimatum led to her being fired (well, that actually would have been quitting)? And what if the managers all said in order for the tour and a new album to be viable, the band would need a new female front singer?

Who would you have wanted to replace Stevie in that scenario?
Sheryl Crow, or as a second choice, Sussanah Hoffs.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Sorry, I would have to disagree with the premise of the question. The band would never "fire" Stevie. The band revolves around her now.
But I will play along. If Stevie quit (or got fired), it would be silly to try and replace her. Lindsey and Christine could easily carry the band along. Stevie does not play an instrument so its not like Chris or Lindsey leaving where the band needed their instrument. But I do suppose they could have had auditions for the best cow bell player who always misses the beat. You see, I hear HomerMcvie is an awesome cow bell player but his downfall is his timing. It seems to always be on the beat

Yep, the Buckingham McVie tour in another universe was the Fleetwood Mac post-Stevie tour.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They wouldn’t need a replacement. They have enough between them to put on a set of hits and classics.

That having been said…

1. Susanna Hoffs. Kind of sounds like a younger Stevie. Since she was in a band that sold 25 million albums, she has her own image and nobody would expect her to be Stevie. I also think she would have a great stage chemistry with Lindsey.

2. Colbie Caillat. Family connection. Popular enough and wouldn’t feel like an outsider.

3. Natalie Maines/The Dixie Chicks. Natalie joins and the other two become the backing vocalists. They had the big hit with “Landslide” and she sounded eerily close to Stevie when they did “Too Far From Texas.” Put her in a blond wig and a black chiffon dress and most people would be none the wiser. Fun fact, on the last Dixie Chicks album to date, Taking The Long Way, track 7 (Lubbock or Leave It) was written by the Chicks and Mike Campbell, track 8 (Silent House) was written by the Chicks and Neil Finn, and track 9 (Favorite Year) was written by the Chicks and Sheryl Crow.

No offense to Jenny Lewis, but she’s not a big enough name to take over for Stevie. She doesn’t have a recognizable image or songs. Part of the reason Fleetwood Mac were able to survive this episode relatively unscathed is because they brought in largely recognizable and respected names. People had a frame of reference for the new guys and nobody expected Neil and Mike to be like Lindsey as a result.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-23-2019, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They wouldn’t need a replacement. They have enough between them to put on a set of hits and classics.

That having been said…

1. Susanna Hoffs. Kind of sounds like a younger Stevie. Since she was in a band that sold 25 million albums, she has her own image and nobody would expect her to be Stevie. I also think she would have a great stage chemistry with Lindsey.

2. Colbie Caillat. Family connection. Popular enough and wouldn’t feel like an outsider.

3. Natalie Maines/The Dixie Chicks. Natalie joins and the other two become the backing vocalists. They had the big hit with “Landslide” and she sounded eerily close to Stevie when they did “Too Far From Texas.” Put her in a blond wig and a black chiffon dress and most people would be none the wiser. Fun fact, on the last Dixie Chicks album to date, Taking The Long Way, track 7 (Lubbock or Leave It) was written by the Chicks and Mike Campbell, track 8 (Silent House) was written by the Chicks and Neil Finn, and track 9 (Favorite Year) was written by the Chicks and Sheryl Crow.

No offense to Jenny Lewis, but she’s not a big enough name to take over for Stevie. She doesn’t have a recognizable image or songs. Part of the reason Fleetwood Mac were able to survive this episode relatively unscathed is because they brought in largely recognizable and respected names. People had a frame of reference for the new guys and nobody expected Neil and Mike to be like Lindsey as a result.
Agree they don't NEED a replacement... but then why not tour BuckVie as Fleetwood Mac? Instead they claimed oh we just happened to think of Mick and John when we were recording, not because they're in the same band as us, just because they're the greatest rhythm section there is...
They would feel inadequate without Stevie. It is sad but I think it is true.

Last edited by secret love; 03-23-2019 at 09:58 PM..
Old 03-23-2019, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Brandi Carlile ..as good a writer as any of the Rumours 3 and spectacular voice.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Brandi Carlile ..as good a writer as any of the Rumours 3 and spectacular voice.
wow, yes! i was thinking that last month when she was all over the grammys. Lindsey went to see her too, on last FM tour on the day off and she posted their pic and was gushing about him.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2019, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Most people are suggesting replacements now, not as many saying they don't need one!

In another thread discussions are happening about an interview with Christine McVie. She talks about how Stevie is basically married to the job of lead singer (she doesn't use the word "married", I think) while Christine says she personally has her own life "I like to go shopping on my own". Stevie does NOT even buy her own groceries? Uh, sorry, what? WHAT A LUXURY. Having slaves buy your groceries and personal items. Wow. This is how she can be so good at her job. She has no life. Which is why she will never be replaced.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wow, yes! i was thinking that last month when she was all over the grammys. Lindsey went to see her too, on last FM tour on the day off and she posted their pic and was gushing about him.
It's giving me a stomach ache right now to think of where the band could have gone if they'd replaced La Nicks with Brandi..also Lindsey would probably be totally healthy now.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's giving me a stomach ache right now to think of where the band could have gone if they'd replaced La Nicks with Brandi..also Lindsey would probably be totally healthy now.
Lindsey needed to be replaced, Stevie didn't. They could have saved money on wages for TWO people and still been successful. And made new music, or at least played Carnival Begin and On with the Show live.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Agree they don't NEED a replacement... but then why not tour BuckVie as Fleetwood Mac? Instead they claimed oh we just happened to think of Mick and John when we were recording, not because they're in the same band as us
to appease Stevie. instead of just throwing her out as they should have!
here's Mick talking about the same album as they were recording it -

http://www.mickfleetwoodofficial.com...1zrn8uIJ86mLg8

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-23-2019, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's giving me a stomach ache right now to think of where the band could have gone if they'd replaced La Nicks with Brandi.. also Lindsey would probably be totally healthy now.
yes and yes.

what could have been!

Old 03-23-2019, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
to appease Stevie. instead of just throwing her out as they should have!
here's Mick talking about the same album as they were recording it -

http://www.mickfleetwoodofficial.com...1zrn8uIJ86mLg8
He has not even bothered to ask his Internet minions to delete this article from the Mick Fleetwood Official Page. Shame? He has none.

Look, credit to the new line up, in that they've managed to put on a show that has some merit and that people still want to pay $450 a ticket to be in the good seats to see.

But - could have let Stevie quit and continued in a much more credible way - even if they wanted to call the tour "The Quartet"!
Old 03-23-2019, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yes and yes.

what could have been!
Replacing Stevie would be dumb when Lindsey and Christine clearly have so much to offer and share such a dynamic partnership. Plus, she still emails him, and he hasn't written off doing BuckVie II.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
He has not even bothered to ask his Internet minions to delete this article from the Mick Fleetwood Official Page. Shame? He has none.

Look, credit to the new line up, in that they've managed to put on a show that has some merit and that people still want to pay $450 a ticket to be in the good seats to see.

But - could have let Stevie quit and continued in a much more credible way - even if they wanted to call the tour "The Quartet"!
Do you EVER STFU? Jesus Christ. You're obviously posting under the influence, because "late night" is when you go on these rants.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 03-24-2019 at 03:08 AM..